It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Conservative Journalist O'Keefe Sues FBI, Wrongfully Denied Right To Bear Arms

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Looks like some of the progressive activist at the FBI decided to put him on the felons list so he cannot purchase a firearm. I bet someone will not lose their job over this of course.

In my opinion, this is just another example of progressive retaliatory action against those who speak out against them.

www.projectveritas.com...

When asked why the FBI has denied his ability to purchase a firearm, the FBI disclosed O'Keefe is falsely identified as a convicted felon on the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check) list. He has never been convicted of a felony.

“The lawsuit is being filed in the Southern District Court of New York seeking an order requiring the FBI to remove him from this list as required by law under 18 U.S.C. § 925A,” said Jered Ede Esq., who is representing O’Keefe.

“Notably, the FBI has not disclosed what information it is relying on to place him on its watch list,” Ede stated in the complaint filed with the court.

Project Veritas Founder James O'Keefe Sues FBI

www.zerohedge.com...

Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe is suing the FBI after the agency denied his application to buy a firearm because he is erroneously listed as a felon in the NICS criminal background check system maintained by the FBI.

In other words - O'Keefe, a controversial journalist who might someday become the target of leftist violence, is currently unable to legally purchase a firearm to defend himself.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The #Resist people are everywhere. They think the way to win is to strip Americans of their rights. That way the #Resist people don't have to compete.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The #Resist people are everywhere. They think the way to win is to strip Americans of their rights. That way the #Resist people don't have to compete.

Strip them of their rights, silence them, intimidate them with "cancelling" (the ultimate fascist move...to utilize socioeconomic pressure to compel compliance).

I have no use for the ruling elite on the left, and I pity the poor souls who drink their kool aid in the same way I pity a flat earther mired in his own celestial ignorance.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed. This is clearly a non theistic religion. A frighteningly nihilistic one that favors the sight and scent of destruction over the monotonous daily peace of a stable society.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
At least they didn't suggest to him a stun gun or key chain sized bottle of pepper spray adorned with the Hello Kitty logo.

My room mate a number of years ago went in to buy a pistol one time was then arrested for attempting to purchase a fire arm as a felon. It was then sorted out over the course of about 5 months or so that Jim was never convicted of any such crime and was also wrongfully placed on the list that prevented him from purchasing a fire arm. It is also to note that this list is also the same one the authorities utilize to issue passports and "TWIC" credentials for transient mobile rig welders and he had both his passport and TWIC credentials issued the year before. He was not able to sue for the embarrassment, inconvenience of being arrested nor his money back for his legal fees. They did take him to jail.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How is a person who has not committed a felon mistakenly placed on a no buy list? I would tend to think that there would have to be a court record of the conviction in hand to do such a thing. What is to stop a tyrannical government from issuing orders under red flag laws against registered gun owners since they have a record of each request to buy a firearm?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

How is a person who has not committed a felon mistakenly placed on a no buy list?

fake news is contagious you know, wear an effing mask while you're on this forum you're spreading it

writing this while giggling

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

How is a person who has not committed a felon mistakenly placed on a no buy list?

fake news is contagious you know, wear an effing mask while you're on this forum you're spreading it

writing this while giggling

Was he placed on a no buy list for felons? How is this fake news? Coming from a a towel head, masters of deception.
edit on 8-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
while I think the guy is a bit of a waste, if the FBI placed him on the no buy list for a "felony" and are dragging the feet I hope he burns their feet off.

Not only should EVERYONE be on board with hammering them when they screw up and drag their feet when it comes to fixing it, we should be vocal about it.

Happens to him it can happen to anyone thats considered "incoveinent" .

new topics

top topics

join