It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The thread is about Trump, so no.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I, personally, use a rock, on slate, to educate.. Crayons are a "technology" I am yet, uneducated in. I am shamed!😩 I have no inclination to train you, in the use of a rock. So nothing has been gained, by this exchange. Sad.
To be ignorant.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Obviously, you have nothing to learn? The "simple" people should make you their "leader". Then all would be, well.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is it really about "Trump"? Or is it about an ideology? That

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Democrats will do everything they can to make sure Americans get hit with a huge tax bill in early 2021. Because they care more about damaging Trump than they do about helping Americans.

Scum. So is anyone who supports it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The thread is about Trump, so no.

Roosevelt and the depression didn't previously come up in the thread?

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: Phage

I didn't think you would.

You have no business looking down your nose at anybody on ATS. None.

You can't even comprehend what you're reading. You think I was talking about FDR when I clearly said Teddy Roosevelt and mentioned the depression of 1873.

Sure it did.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nevertheless, the thread is about "Trump." Or were you just saying that point was off topic?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Nevertheless, the thread is about "Trump." Or were you just saying that point was off topic?

Topic includes not just Trump, but "payroll tax." Payroll tax withholding began in 1943... while FDR was POTUS and with his direct insistence it become a law to ensure funding of all of his social spending programs plus war funding. In other words, no... this topic isn't just about "Trump" and to suggest it is displays tunnel vision from you.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh. That's very different.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I do not trust "tax relief" packages, ever, from any president. Every one I've lived through, and there've been plenty, has cost me more than if it had been left alone.
They reduce the withholding (hurray, I earned it all) but the tax is still due, they are just giving you the option of not paying it, until you file next year and you owe #tons of $$$
They make oodles on the interest ;-|

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Topic includes not just Trump, but "payroll tax." Payroll tax withholding began in 1943... while FDR was POTUS and with his direct insistence it become a law to ensure funding of all of his social spending programs plus war funding. In other words, no... this topic isn't just about "Trump" and to suggest it is displays tunnel vision from you.

Sadly, we all know what's gonna happen here.

Republicans will introduce a bill to cancel the accumulated payroll tax and Democrats will vote against it to make sure Americans get a big tax bill in January.

They just hate Trump that much. And their whole argument that this is an emergency and we need to help Americans any way we can will go out the window. What they really meant is we need to help Americans any way that makes us look good. If it looks good for Trump, # Americans.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Let them slit their own throats... join me when it happens in dancing in the fountains of their blood and celebrating their passing.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Let them slit their own throats... join me when it happens in dancing in the fountains of their blood and celebrating their passing.

The media will twist it around to make them seem like heroes for sending Americans a giant tax bill. And 40% of the country will eat that up because they can't think anything the media doesn't tell them to think.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Trump used just the right words at just the right times to trigger the triggerables ....

Trump attempts to wrest tax and spending powers from Congress with new executive actions

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If Covid enabled local and state officials "emergency powers" outside their normal scope, then Trump should have the same ability.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

To a certain extent, yes.
For example:

The text of the memorandum calls for up to $44 billion of federal funds for the benefits to come from the Department of Homeland Security's Disaster Relief Fund. The White House said states could use funding from the March coronavirus relief package, the CARES Act, to fund their portion of the benefits.

Not a lot. But reasonable. I wonder if provisions of the CARES act might be modified to allow for the additional burden.
www.npr.org...

In regard to payroll taxes, the word "defer" is used. That usually means "due later."

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump used just the right words at just the right times to trigger the triggerables ....

Trump attempts to wrest tax and spending powers from Congress with new executive actions

I saw that headline. It's hilarious because he did no such thing. In fact the entire conversation about what will happen to the accumulated payroll tax in January is precisely because he DIDN'T attempt to take away Congress's power. He did what was within the limits of his authority, unlike some presidents.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yeah the WP really gagged fast on this one 🤣

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join