It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like it because it will bring exactly what you said to the forefront and be exposed.

And we both know nothing will get done, Democrats and Republicans have never cut spending.

Personally if this is just a suspension I'll end up sending in my taxes anyway, I'm not interested in having a massive tax bill next April.

ETA: Actually, I take that back, I'd probably set up a separate account and put it in a mutual fund.

I thought the same, but am already doing stock purchases through payroll deductions, so I'll just increase the amount deducted and use it for investing.

Who you kiddin'?...You'll just buy more nipple clamps for your collection.

Or buy gold.

Gold nipple clamps.

Be careful..the last pair of gold ones I bought turned my nipples green.

With the Trump tax cuts, I'm going to use the money to start a band named, "Green Nipples".

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I like it because it will bring exactly what you said to the forefront and be exposed.

And we both know nothing will get done, Democrats and Republicans have never cut spending.

Personally if this is just a suspension I'll end up sending in my taxes anyway, I'm not interested in having a massive tax bill next April.

ETA: Actually, I take that back, I'd probably set up a separate account and put it in a mutual fund.

I thought the same, but am already doing stock purchases through payroll deductions, so I'll just increase the amount deducted and use it for investing.

Or buy gold.

Gold nipple clamps.

With the Trump tax cuts, I'm going to use the money to start a band named, "Green Nipples".

I thought that was your 'Stripper Name'.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm hearing this represents a 7.5% increase in everybody's take home pay.
Let's do it...and watch Pelosi try to stop it.

It'll be interesting to see the arguments against people having more money that they earned.

You asked and no one answered, disappointing...

Same as Pelosi did last time, she will call it crumbs.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You Pay Federal and FICA taxes(Social Security and Medicare) . Each Payroll depending on how much you make you have Federal Taxes. For bonuses and such you pay a flat 22%. For me this would give me each year an extra 8k in pocket.

It is already your money. This way if we do not pay we are not supporting the BS things Congress wants.

This is a great idea and once everyone sees there is no need for it get rid of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Or buy gold.

Gold nipple clamps.

I thought that was your 'Stripper Name'.

It was.

I go by, "Salted Meat By-products" now.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

It'll be interesting to see the arguments against people having more money that they earned.

You asked and no one answered, disappointing...

Same as Pelosi did last time, she will call it crumbs.

Pelosi's plan incentivises people to stay at home and be dependent on government.

Trump's plan incentivises work, employment, hiring, industry, and reduces dependency on government.

*shrugs*

In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A "payroll tax" was not even a thing in the U.S., till the year 1916. Being "taxed" on your labor was, and still (is), unconstitutional. "Earnings" and "income" were also two different words, meaning two different things before that year.
"Income" was/is, "profit and gain, not earnings"...
Earnings (wages) if capitalized, invested and returning a "profit". Is a "taxable income".
"The 16 Amendment gives Congress no new taxing authority"...(per. U.S Supreme Court).
The Fed Government has no business taxing your labor. They are, and always have been, prohibited from doing this. It is a direct tax, which is unconstitutional.
But your State can, unless the state constitution prohibits it.

The U.S. Constitution is a contract between the "States" and the "Federal Government". Not between the Federal Government and Citizens of the States.
But then we get into the "14 Amendment"? Where everybody becomes "subjects" to the "Federal Government". Which is the very thing the Constitution was written, and made into "law" for, to avoid!
I wish my fellow "countrymen" were actually "educated" and not just "trained".
That said? This would be a good move by our President.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd go with "Green Tips". "Green nipples" is kinda creepy.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd go with "Green Tips". "Green nipples" is kinda creepy.

Golden Showers 😎

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not familiar with that term. Is that like brass colored, "freedom jingles"?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No, it doesn't. It's made to deprive you, of your own ability to, "govern yourself". Let's face it! You need "help", from the "outside" and other sources, to "govern" YOU! Without, "them"? You'd die of unnatural causes...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

I'm not familiar with that term. Is that like brass colored, "freedom jingles"?

""Dossier"" 😎🚬

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Just think a little harder. Suspending payroll taxes != tax forgiveness. For the people that "cant afford" to pay their taxes now, it's only setting them up for more hurt when that bill comes due, and it will come due.

The only way that would be true is if they accrued back taxes as a result of the suspension. That is not going to happen.

Ok. I'm not shocked that people are 100% ignorant when it comes to tax law.

This is a suspension of payroll taxes, not a forgiveness of tax debt. Such action would require Congress to act and cannot be done via EO.

First of all no debt is being accrued. Suspending a tax does not mean a debt is accrued at the individual level.

Please cite the law that says you will accrue a personal debt because of something the executive branch did.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The "Federal Government" is over $22 Trillion Dollars in dept. That is a "calculation" that is beyond "simple math". When "they" speak of a "budget"? Let us talk.

edit on 8-8-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

First of all no debt is being accrued.

In the case of FICA taxes, debt is indeed being accrued. By the government. But they're good at that.

edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Yes, but that isn't what is being discussed here. What personal debt do I accrue for the government suspending a tax? How does that debt accrue and how the hell can I be legally liable for the fiduciary dealings of the government?
edit on 8 8 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

How does that debt accrue and how the hell can I be legally liable for the fiduciary dealings of the government?

You are. Each of us is. The government's revenue is us.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How?

The tax is suspended. How does it accrue a personal debt when it is the government that is suspending collecting the tax?

If you tried that in court I don't think it would hold up.
edit on 8 8 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join