It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Since the current economic mess was caused by the government, shouldn't they use all means possible to fix it. Democrats feel the Republican money trickle is just not enough. Republicans feel they should cut spending to a minimum.

Maybe if there was a congressional pay raise included in the package things would move forward. Congress just plain sucks.

As far as an income tax cut, that would only help people that are working. The eviction restriction will help those that aren't employed but can't buy food without employment.

edit on 8-8-2020 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Pelosi on Obama's 2011 2% Payroll Tax Cut Extension:

“Today is a victory for all Americans – for the security of our middle class, for the health of our seniors, and for economic growth and job creation. The American people spoke out clearly and, thanks to President Obama's leadership, 160 million Americans will continue to receive their payroll tax cut – nearly $40 per paycheck in the pockets of the average family. I salute the work of the unified House Democratic caucus on behalf of the American people."

pelosi.house.gov...
edit on 8-8-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm hearing this represents a 7.5% increase in everybody's take home pay.
Let's do it...and watch Pelosi try to stop it.

It'll be interesting to see the arguments against people having more money that they earned.

It will be interesting as Pelosi and congressional democrats supported Obama's payroll tax cuts and extensions.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Perhaps Trump shouldn't have spent trillions on defense before the economic crash.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A Presidential EO to suspend ANY taxes is permitted during a NATIONAL EMERGENCY or NATIONAL CRISIS.
COVID fills that bill.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Unemployment does not last forever.

Which is why I never quit my job.

I don't understand people that quit just because the business was in a slump. We all knew (hope) that this wouldn't be forever.
My sister kept going to work at the book store even when they dropped her hours to 3 a week and there were 0 customers. Now the customers are coming back and she is getting her reg hours back.

All america had to do was tightening that belt for a few months during a shut down then reopen with safety precautions and we would have been fine.

edit on 8-8-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The thing the democrats don't understand is you can't keep the country shut down forever or in their view till after election time. The country needs to get back to work, you can't keep paying people not to work, it'll bankrupt the nation.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Caused mostly by Local Governments 😎

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Perhaps Trump shouldn't have spent trillions on defense before the economic crash.

How many trillions did he spend on his own by EO? 😎

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Payroll Tax cuts might help people spend more at businesses and thus the businesses pay more taxes😎

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: TheRedneck

Unemployment does not last forever.

Which is why I never quit my job.

I don't understand people that quit just because the business was in a slump. We all knew (hope) that this wouldn't be forever.
My sister kept going to work at the book store even when they dropped her hours to 3 a week and there were 0 customers. Now the customers are coming back and she is getting her reg hours back.

All america had to do was tightening that belt for a few months during a shut down then reopen with safety precautions and we would have been fine.

America is filed with twats who like to take advantage and milk a situation.

Bad humans .

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

The thing the democrats don't understand is you can't keep the country shut down forever or in their view till after election time. The country needs to get back to work, you can't keep paying people not to work, it'll bankrupt the nation.

The Democrats actually fully understand that.

That's why they keep trying to get more people on dependency 😎

All part of their master control plan 😎

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If any democrat doesn't want to keep their additional 7.5% of take home pay because "Orange Man Bad"...I'll take it off your hands.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You mean Congress. Nancy Pelosi and the House of Representatives hold the purse strings.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Your right, they have their own demographic and culture and it is disgusting.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: scraedtosleep

People making minimum wage of $7.25/hr will keep $7.25/hr (unless their state has an income tax or other income taxes such as city or school district) instead of only making maybe $5.58/hr or so.

Awesome for those of us still working.

But I wonder what those taxes went to that will now not be reviving any funds?

Also no matter what work a person is doing it is worth more than 7 or 8 bucks an hour.
Without the workers none of these people would even have a business.

Like a dog with a bone. Damn.

Look, this won't help Eskimos in New Zealand with their vacation plans either, but it will help all the folks that are working for a living. This is quite a simple concept, are you sure you don't grasp it?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

People making minimum wage of $7.25/hr will keep $7.25/hr (unless their state has an income tax or other income taxes such as city or school district) instead of only making maybe $5.58/hr or so.

Also no matter what work a person is doing it is worth more than 7 or 8 bucks an hour.

Look, this won't help Eskimos in New Zealand with their vacation plans either,

AHEM!..."Eskimo" is a no-no according to 'Woke' NASA.

NASA to erase 'objectionable' nicknames of Eskimo Nebula

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

www.dailystar.co.uk...

I am not playing the idiot game anymore. The word "Eskimo" didn't offend me before, and it doesn't offend me now. If it offends someone else, that's a shame, they should spend their time with others who think like them. I am not like them. I have to go and eat my Eskimo Pie now.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

www.dailystar.co.uk...

I am not playing the idiot game anymore. The word "Eskimo" didn't offend me before, and it doesn't offend me now. If it offends someone else, that's a shame, they should spend their time with others who think like them. I am not like them. I have to go and eat my Eskimo Pie now.

Doesn't Al Gore have an establishment that serves eskimo pie, Or did I imagine that or see it in south parks video game. Something about harvested meat from clubbed baby seals or some bs

(obviously I am not talking about a real establishment)
Nevermind I found what I was thinking about and isn't al gore it is scott the giant dick

edit on 8-8-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm hearing this represents a 7.5% increase in everybody's take home pay.
Let's do it...and watch Pelosi try to stop it.

Imagine how Pelosi and Schumer will look. They're planning on filing a lawsuit to stop the Payroll Tax reduction, the extension of Unemployment Benefits, and the moratorium on evictions, that President Trump is preparing to implement.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join