It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I’ll leave this here. Enjoy the nostalgia....

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Did someone take a shot at Trump last night or attempt to whilst he was giving his press conference

he was mid talk about stocks and shares / exchange rates
he left and then came back and said there was a shot outside the whitehouse outside the fence close by

secret service dealt with it

was this his "powerful enemies " making an attempt on his life , or just another disgruntled american citizen

No.

If powerful enemies want to attack, you won't know it until after it happens. 🦃

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

It is a deferral. We will still owe them.
But if he wins in November, we is planning to do away with the taxes.
The way I understood what I read is he is wanting to do with payroll taxes at least into next year.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

All of you in poverty repeat after me as you go to vote...

Trump dollars...Trump dollars...Trump dollars.....

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Ahabstar

All of you in poverty repeat after me as you go to vote...

Trump dollars...Trump dollars...Trump dollars.....

i annoy my mother greatly when i still call the $1200 stimulus the "trump check"

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: opal13

It is a deferral. We will still owe them.
But if he wins in November, we is planning to do away with the taxes.
The way I understood what I read is he is wanting to do with payroll taxes at least into next year.

I think we are all debating what "deferred" means here. To use it as a method to suggest you pay these taxes in the future we would need to push that tax past Apr 15 when it is actually due. You are not actually paying taxes until then so there is nothing to defer until then. Just because we have money taken out of each pay check you are not actually paying taxes at that time, we are banking against future taxes due, so you could setup your taxes to have nothing taken out except for SS and maybe medicare, and then pay big in Apr as many people do who work for themselves and do not save per month.

I do not think Trump is suggesting we will still need to pay a big lump payment in Apr as the cost of this is suggested to be around 800 billion in taxes never collected.

edit on 11-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldschoolwarhawk

i annoy my mother greatly when i still call the $1200 stimulus the "trump check"

Didn't Trump have his signature on a bunch of them? lol

So here is what people thought about what Obama would do... Never happened...but the left sure like to play on the "free stuff" ideal...lol

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am not sure. But either way I just don't like the thought of possibly having to pay it later as I am already paying for last year.
I upped my withholding this year to avoid that.
I have read two or three different scenarios so far, so it would just be nice if they told us.
But then again...it's the government. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

As someone on SS Disability and who is reliant on Medicare, I appreciate the sentiment. At this point I am just trusting Trump the businessman knows what he is doing... beats screaming at the sky.

Of course, the payroll tax thing is temporary and only a small part of what Trump is doing (Fox just announced he has a press conference at 3:30 Eastern today). More important IMO are the protections against eviction, student loan debt relief, and unemployment extensions. I hope he doesn't leave the $600 bonus in effect and simply extends the standard benefit. Some people affected early on might be getting close to running out of benefits. Unemployment does not last forever.

TheRedneck

I strongly agree with this, but not the student loan debt relief. A generation of students with tens of thousands of dollars leg-up on me in the housing market. Instead of having $60k down payment for my first home, I paid my student loans. This is to say they won't have to go through the 10 years of struggle I did? I believe if we're going to provide such relief, it should be given back to all who sacrificed to pay their student loans.

This is why I like the payroll tax relief. Everyone working gets it.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I heard that lady later got nabbed for drunk driving !! 😁

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: opal13

I am not sure. But either way I just don't like the thought of possibly having to pay it later as I am already paying for last year.
I upped my withholding this year to avoid that.
I have read two or three different scenarios so far, so it would just be nice if they told us.
But then again...it's the government. lol

I think they basically did, its just the left spinning it in a bad direction for something good in an Orange Man Bad event.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I heard that lady later got nabbed for drunk driving !! 😁

Lol no clue...Did Obama pardon her? I'm sure she thought he would....maybe Biden will take over where Obama left off in all this, wait I know Biden will...all he needs to do is nothing...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Already "walked back" by his administration. So nothing will happen, just like the rest of Trump's empty threats.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
At least he is handling pre-existing conditions the correct way.

Ummm... no, he isn't. This is exactly the wrong way.

All this does is destroy the entire concept of insurance.

Mandating that insurance companies extend 'health 'insurance' to those with pre-existing conditions is no diofferent than requiring insurance companies that provide home owners insurance to sell a policy to someone whose houese was in the process of burning down.

No. The right way would simply be to add a new type of Medicare for the sole purpose of providing care to those with pre-existing conditions.

Please, just leave the insurance pool unpolluted, so that those of us that do not have pre-existing conditions can get really great insurance for really cheap.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join