It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I think it means that congress has to figure out how it gets paid which basically means we the people will probably pay because congress don't have a slush fund to just chuck around in case of a rainy day.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I think it means that congress has to figure out how it gets paid which basically means we the people will probably pay because congress don't have a slush fund to just chuck around in case of a rainy day.

Yes, and he knows that whoever tries to make people "repay" this tax cut is the ones who will look bad to the voters and tax payer.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I don't know I am not him, I can say though that congress and the fed have been doing a wonderful job playing monopoly with our money for some time well before the cheeto man cometh. Maybe it is time that these clowns get a scheduled appointment at mommas house for a dick flattening. Then again that's just me and the 44 beers I just drank talking

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
This has not been made clear, and that is likely by design.

The Executive Order is very clear, not my fault if you have reading comprehension issues on one a sentence explanation.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This has not been made clear, and that is likely by design.

The Executive Order is very clear, not my fault if you have reading comprehension issues on one a sentence explanation.

BS, it is NOT clear. On purpose.

And we shall see how this all turns out in the end.

what is it with you that you have this pathological NEED to insist that you are always right? It's frankly, very off putting.

Sometimes you can be funny, but lately you are just obtuse and boring.

eta: probably TDS related.
edit on 9-8-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's clear for anyone with a 5th grade reading level and above:

Sec. 4. Tax Forgiveness. The Secretary of the Treasury shall explore avenues, including legislation, to eliminate the obligation to pay the taxes deferred pursuant to the implementation of this memorandum.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Congratulations on your fifth grade education, i'm sure your parents are proud.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

They're totally proud, it allows me to know this tax deferral needs to get paid back next April unless Congress does something which is what I have been telling you for two pages and you insisted was incorrect.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe that's for employers.

Part of the law passed a few months ago has some "deferrals" too 😎

Conflicts of Interests 😎

The trap is set😎

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's for the employees.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nice that you purposely left out sec 4 of the EO.

Which was on purpose with the intent to MISLEAD.

the EO was left purposely unclear so that congress will be left looking like the bad guy if they insist that tax payers will have to repay the taxes.

Which is why Trump played it like this in the first place.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It's a "memorandum", not an executive order, or a bill as Trump claimed. Trump actually signed 3 memorandums and 1 executive order.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats agreed that a payroll tax cut was off the table, and Trump, unconstitutionally, is attempting to bypass Congress and the congressional purse. There is 100% no way that you won't have to pay this back, because Congress is never going to approve it.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nice that you purposely left out sec 4 of the EO.

Er, what? Wow, you really can't read.

Sec. 4. Tax Forgiveness. The Secretary of the Treasury shall explore avenues, including legislation, to eliminate the obligation to pay the taxes deferred pursuant to the implementation of this memorandum.

edit on 9-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yep, making it a permanent tax cut that does not need to be repaid. Just like I've said from the start.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yep, making it a permanent tax cut that does not need to be repaid. Just like I've said from the start.

No, this is what you said:

Except he isn't "deferring" those taxes, he is suspending them. They will not have to be paid back.

First, it's a deferral, it says so, and second, they do have to be paid back. Nothing has been done by anyone to make them permanent. Nice try backpedaling though, it's a good look. Just admit you were wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh boy, if anyone thinks WE will not have to pay for these so called tax cuts I have ocean front property to sell you in Las Vegas.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The president also said he would extend unemployment benefits, defer student loan payments and interest, and extend the eviction moratorium as well as an order requiring health insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.

The last one just infuriates me.

People with pre-existing conditions simply cannot get or have insurance. That isn't how insurance works.

Declaring this would be the same as requiring insurance companies to write insurance policies for people who have no insurance, but call while their house is burning down wanting to buy fire insurance.

It is ludicrous. All it does is pollute the insurance pool for everyone else, which means, we - those who have no pre-existing conditions - pay for it with sky high premiums and deductibles.

All that needs to happen is to create a new Medicare Part to cover people with pre-existing conditions.

PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Oh boy, if anyone thinks WE will not have to pay for these so called tax cuts I have ocean front property to sell you in Las Vegas.

Does it contain any hi-rise buildings that over look large open air music venues?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We can remove the income tax from all the lower and middle income earners and afford a Universal Basic Income permanently in the USA and globally if done this way.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All of that remains to be seen.

We shall see who is right and who is wrong.

FYI: Title of the thread says "SUSPEND" not defer.

and Trump played this so that Congress will look like the ones not wanting to help the "people".

They are going to look bad no matter what they do, which was Trumps intent.

Trump means this to be a tax cut and you know it. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen.

So let Congress bicker over the tax payers need to repay this and see how popular they will be if they make people pay it back.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join