It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disbelief is not following God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

They're not on the internet.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Sometimes I think believers must be the nastiest people in existence because they always tell me that without religion they would be crazy killing machines.

I think you're lying to yourself more than anyone else.

Not knowing even of the existence of a supreme being is our default state. Nature is the only 'thing' that happens around us and we are all part of it.

When I look at a 2020 Mustang I know of only one person who
gets the credit for it's creation. Henry Ford. Mankind suffers from
a lack of guidance like nothing else in nature does. The difference
is our intelligence, as it has the potential to make us loose cannons
that threaten the entire creations existence. I hope that rings a bell of
truth for you. When you can clearly see the guidance we were
meant to have is missing.Therefore the big picture clearly shows
a supreme being missing. Belief in a supreme being can more
exciting than anything else you can imagine. When you finally
unravel the lies this world has told you. And his existence is revealed to
you by your own thinking in your own thoughts. But the real adventure
starts when you begin to ask yourself. Why is he missing? What
happened to make him leave us on our own? And I can provide
you with a ten minute head start if ever you choose to look for
the answer. It wasn't anything he did or anything he can be
blamed or faulted with. I like the idea of truth far better than
the hollow lies of the academics.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So Pope Gregory, you are a Catholic obviously. So how did the pope know?

You're really funny.

"The fool has one great advantage over a man of sense; he is always satisfied with himself"
Napoleon Bonaparte said that.
So I'm French obviously.

How do you survive? I mean ordinary daily tasks must be really challenging for someone like you.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You don’t believe the bible but believe the pope, you said that and are trying to turn it on me?
What’s in your head?
Prove Magdalene was a prostitute, that all I asked and you offer the pope, clearly some one you place great trust and faith in, obviously...or are you just grasping to hide stupidity

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No. Bible and pope are both parts of the same body: religion.
And that's all it is, I can be aware of a lot of things without placing "great trust and faith" in them.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

No. Bible and pope are both parts of the same body: religion.
And that's all it is, I can be aware of a lot of things without placing "great trust and faith" in them.

NO
Clearly you said it was the pope so clearly you trust and embrace Catholicism by default, you obviously believe what they have said to quote it at me so clearly you are trusting of catholics
Denying it now but deep inside you trust and respect the catholic view, I don’t care, believe what you want, but

Don’t pretend your christian theology at me, at others, you havnt a clue about theology and you are pretending you do

So many other people on here understand the simplicity of my comments but you, arrogance and your sheer fear and terror about being wrong is overwhelming your common sense.

Get over yourself peeps

“Bible and pope are the same things”, just an endless fount of ignorance and dumb, please stop and think

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I don't.
What you can't accept is that I don't believe. Period.

And you're throwing around wild assumptions is not exactly what I would call "simplicity of" your "comments" it's nothing but stupidity.
You're the one who can't discuss religion without trying to make it about me. So I am kind of flattered you think my opinion is that important, but that's you and your problem.
To me it's just entertaining an idea.

I mean seriously what catholic would say "Jesus was just a man and if he existed probably a sorcerer and now rotting in hell"?

edit on 9-8-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You dont believe but you believe catholicism obviously, your a liar, you trust and believe catholics or you wouldnt have quoted it at me
or you are a hypocrite who would accept anything anyone says to justify a silly argument you know nothing about

This is about you peeps because you are making stupid things up and pretending you know and then you use catholic teaching to justify you when you then claim you dont believe in catholic teaching. Then say its not about you...

and then again, you make more stuff up, all you do is speak nonsense and pretend you are educated

Anyway, proof Magdalene was a prostitute, lets start on that first and no popes, something I might believe or admit you havnt a clue

What I dont understand is why you cant admit you havnt a clue, thats fascinating.
I think it means you are so insecure in yourself you cant even admit you are wrong because you are so ashamed of yourself, pretty sad

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

“Bible and pope are the same things”, just an endless fount of ignorance and dumb, please stop and think

"Pope and JW are the same things, just an endless fount of ignorance and dumb", please stop and think

"Pope and JW and Worldly philosophers are the same things, just an endless fount of ignorance and dumb", please stop and think

"Pope and JW and Worldly philosophers and anybody who belongs to a group that protects their own members from public exposure are the same things, just an endless fount of ignorance and dumb", please stop and think

Eventually you will refuse to read anything written by anyone.

Reading a JWs post is not the same as becoming a member of that sect.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I get now how some people arrive at the conclusion religion is a symptom of mental illness.
They probably all had the pleasure of having a conversation with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I’m sorry, did you miss the part where I asked you to show me Magdalene was a prostitute as you stated
You gone cold on that

Peeps, stop blaming me for your comments.
Why can’t you just admit you are wrong, what’s wrong with you, what makes you so frightened of being wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I don’t think you understand my position on the matter

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I just don't feel like repeating myself over and over would get us anywhere.
And it doesn't matter anyways because what would you guess a Jewish community ca 2000 years ago would have said about an unmarried woman "traveling" alone in the company of at least 13 male social outcasts?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So you can’t answer the question with any sincerity
Peeps, you pretend to yourself you know something and then pretend to others you know something and clearly this excercise indicates you are incredibly ignorant
Two comments you stated and you can’t prove either

Why are you so terrified to admit your error

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

True. I don't.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Here you go:

The anointing of Jesus’s head or feet are events recorded in the four gospels. The account in Matthew 26, Mark 14, and John 12 has as its location the city of Bethany in the south and involves Mary the sister of Martha and Lazarus. The event in Luke features an unknown sinful woman, and is in the northern region, as Luke 7 indicates Jesus was ministering in the northern regions of Nain and Capernaum. The honorific anointing with perfume is an action frequently mentioned in other literature from the time; however, using long hair to dry Jesus's feet, as in John and Luke, is not recorded elsewhere, and should be regarded as an exceptional gesture.[1] Considerable debate has discussed the identity of the woman, the location, timing, and the message.
Mary Magdalene is traditionally depicted with a vessel of ointment, in reference to the Anointing of Jesus.
Anointing_of_Jesus

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Because it isn't an error. I told you Pope Gregory I said that originally & she was depicted like than in art. I tried to make you think about it approaching a likely perspective of that time, no surprise you refuse to do that.

#dirty, a serious violation of t&c self censored

That should be in the bible because it is a lot more believable than walking on water.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Peeple because: for the purity of ATS

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thanks Pthena but the issue is about Peeps pretending they understand theology when the construct is flawed in every single way.
Poor Peeps has no concept of what they are talking about but doesn’t understand they don’t understand, Peeps considers themself a theologian

What I was asking is evidence that Peeps has any idea what they understand or discuss.
Mary Magdalene is never described as a prostitute in any bible I have read but Peeps indicates that she is. I just asked Peeps for evidence, nothing more. Just to show the argument was flawed but
Poor Peeps can’t admit they are wrong, a pride issue I guess

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You see it doesn't matter. He has chosen me as the target of his insane hatred.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Why not admit you have no evidence that Magdalene was a prostitute, you lied and you don’t know what you are talking about?
It’s then ends

Just another person making stuff up to get stars and flags, it’s ok Peeps, most people do it.
I just challenged you

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join