It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disbelief is not following God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The message is that Jesus is who He said He was. The way, the truth, and the life. Without Jesus, there is no life. He was/is the Creator.

As far as knowing the scriptures are true, that would take a book, but you can tell that mankind is turning out exactly the way the Bible says it would. Plus, when you make God first in your life (recognizing the first and greatest commandment to love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and mind) you'll start to witness for yourself how it really works to make this life a very fulfilling one.

edit on 8-8-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

To point out it's not as clear cut as you want it to be. I have no issue admitting I don't know. The problem is you think you do and that's just not true and not possible.

I can live by the example of Jesus, according to scripture and have a relationship with prostitutes, be a master necromancer and make trees wither along the path.

If you don't see the problem with that, I don't know what else to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

You don't know what Jesus said, nobody does. There's not even the faintest hint there is a creator.
And I can't imagine what experience you might have had that made you believe that, but I'm pretty sure there are a million other possible ways to interpret it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

There's not even the faintest hint there is a creator.

You don't recognize patterns in nature and creation and how they all work together?

Throw in the fact that as humans we experience sight, sound, communication, emotions, logic, and rational thinking?

How could all of those things just randomly come into existence?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

And I can't imagine what experience you might have had that made you believe that,

Life is all about learning from experiences, the key is recognizing when those experiences happen. Not everything is a coincidence. Life and history don't mysteriously repeat themselves for no reason. There is a pattern to all of that as well. There's a lot we can learn from our dreams too. Once you learn to develop a relationship with God and pray for His guidance and insight, you'll be amazed at what you can learn.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There's been a lot of process before we got where we are now, there's nothing which suddenly appeared as in "was created". I won't argue against a fine tuned universe. To me "chance" is a lazy excuse for being unable to imagine.
But it's really pointing towards some kind of determinism, the universe evolving towards something.
Because we humans are not perfect. We're some odd inbetween step on the way of matter becoming "spirit".

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What did you learn?
Name one undisputable fact.
Something that doesn't require believing.

edit on 8-8-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

My learning experiences are my own and not everyone learns or thinks the same way. I can state a fact of something that happened to me, but then we could play games all day long disputing why and how it happened. What's the point in that? Same goes for how we are able to recognize events in scripture that are happening in the world today. Some people are able to recognize it and others choose to deny or ignore it. The things that we learn can't be proven through some kind of scientific method. You can't recreate "understanding" and put it under a microscope or even make someone else understand the same things you do for that matter.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

To point out it's not as clear cut as you want it to be. I have no issue admitting I don't know. The problem is you think you do and that's just not true and not possible.

I can live by the example of Jesus, according to scripture and have a relationship with prostitutes, be a master necromancer and make trees wither along the path.

If you don't see the problem with that, I don't know what else to say.

You say you don’t know and then in the same breath you say you do know
And so it goes on and on and on in almost every post

Your comments indicate you know and then explain why you don’t know and then offer all kinds of ineptness

Who are the prostitutes and can you prove Jesus even knew a single prostitute, not a guess, not a golden book story, a fact, prove it
And are you condemning prostitutes, you holier than thou self righteous wonderful person you are. Condemning people, you are the person who Jesus said should watch themselves, condemning others. You are like a religious pharisee
You would condemn a man for caring about people you see as lower than your self righteous self
What a big man hey? You are so pure and righteous peep.

Necromancy, a black art, Jesus I guess maybe in your golden book of history?
Do you know what necromancy is peep, can you prove necromancy peep or just illiciting a reaction?
Is this just about you getting attention peep, are you that lonely you need to cause an argument for attention peep?

Why pretend

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Believing is done with the heart.

Guard your heart for all you do flows from it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm making a case for doubt, offering alternatives. Pointing out discrepancies.

Mary Magdalene.
Lazarus.

And I'm done. Because it's pointless. You are 100% sure. I have a lot of doubts.
It's also not fun talking with you since you always make assumptions and try to make it personal.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yes Peeps You were done when you pretended you had a clue that you understood Christianity

Where is it said Magdalene was a prostitute, outside of your “little golden book” of history that is,please, prove it Peeps, step up

I am going to guess you failed on English as a language because again, didn’t get the Lazarus - necromancy connection sorted at all did you, another big error about Christianity

Do you know anything about christianity Peeps?
Veggie tails was your reference?
Where did you learn about my faith, tv, did a Sunday school 50 years ago and that was enough?

I would say step up but you bowed out, not to gracefully but bowed out you did, wise move Peeps.

Look Peeps, the church has errors, faults, deaths, murders, wars, corrupt priests, tv evangelists, greed, stupidity, in fact it’s an open cesspool most of the time and they are all great targets and should be exposed but
Pretending you understand theology, you grasp christianity, no you don’t, you just don’t
Go after the easy target, you won’t appear so dumb next time

Personal?, now you are being emotional to illicit sympathy, well done. You poor thing you.
Pick a fight, look silly then look for sympathy 🦄🌈💃

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Lazarus John 11:1-45, Jesus brought him back after 4 days of death. That's necromancy.
Pope Gregory I 591 started the story about Magdalene as prostitute.

I sure seem to know more about "your faith" than you.
And if you knew who I am you'd know how dumb your assumptions about me are. Not that it matters but I am not a man and not old enough for a 50 years ago of anything.
Are you drunk again John Smith? (not that I care or pretend to know, it's a joke, like you are)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

God is all powerful, nothing exists outside of him, but at the same time he encourages and allows all the lies the pain the suffering and nobody knows for what.

Some of us know why but you have to care instead of just blaming.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Oh please as if there's any religion outside of maybe buddhism for a certain period of time that can claim it's never done any wrongs.

That's why I change the name of my religion frequently.

"I'm sorry that the follower of Free Floating Eclecticism Iteration 42 may have wronged you. There's nothing I can do about that. I am the leader of Free Floating Eclecticism Iteration 43."

edit on 8-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I thought you went, please do

So Pope Gregory, you are a Catholic obviously. So how did the pope know?

And necromancy, do you even know what that word means

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
These are good songs to hear: youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I can't find the lyrics. I need to read the lyrics for that type of song. I can't tell what the song is about.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I think they were included in the album, I don't have it anymore I think which is a shame but it can still be ordered some places.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

There are a couple of places I look for lyrics, like AZLyrics, no entry. Search engine listed a webpage for the lyrics but all that page had was a picture of album cover and track list, no lyrics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join