It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disbelief is not following God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Deetermined
All religions were living peacefully in Jerusalem when the Christians came and slaughtered men, women and children.

You read that in a “Little Golden book” of history?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Even better I was there.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You're not making any sense. I think you're confusing church with state actions.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The night sky screams...and stands as the Herald of creation....all night then a nice change to royal blue.....now tell me again

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Your argument was if people'd reach out for God's guidance only good things will happen.

originally posted by: Deetermined

That just seems so unfair: punishing people because they don't want what they don't know?

People who don't know, don't truly want to know. The first step is prayer to God to guide you. If you think there's a problem as to which God, just pray to "the one and only true God" or as Jesus would suggest, "our Father in heaven".

I was pointing out that's not true.
A more recent example: islamistic terrorists, they pray to God and it guides them into darkness too.
edit on 8-8-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The Muslim God isn't the same God as the Christian God. Jesus is God in the Christian faith. Muslims don't recognize Jesus as God, but only a prophet.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Even better I was there.

Judging by your concept of Middle Eastern history, European christianity and Saladins Jerusalem, not sure you really have a solid comprehension justifiable to offer a valid opinion.
Jerusalem was the perfect trading point between 3 continents, not just a holy city

Think we can blame greed and European kingdom building as usual, oh those catholics, again

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Again: No. You can't have multiple Gods if there's only one God.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Oh please as if there's any religion outside of maybe buddhism for a certain period of time that can claim it's never done any wrongs.
And if it's just psychological cruelty towards the gays.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Oh please as if there's any religion outside of maybe buddhism for a certain period of time that can claim it's never done any wrongs.
And if it's just psychological cruelty towards the gays.

Oh please, more golden book history. Buddhism is all love and you believe that as well because, someone taught you that and like a lemming you walked off the cliff

I have not denied the atrocity of christianity, what’s your opinion on atheism and it’s atrocities, care to comment.
Not all Scotsman hey.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The Muslims have mistaken their "God" for the one true God. They were deceived. They chose to take the original Old Testament, twist it, and create their own "God" in the process.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Buddhism isn't a religion, it's a philosophy.

No human is perfect, but you can't blame that on religion. Blame it on free will.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I was relativizing that, ol' Grumpo I clearly said "maybe... for a certain period of time..."

What's wrong with you, seriously whenever I comment in a thread I have to include a footnote for you about everything from loosly to not related at all just because you can't get over your ego?
I pissed you off I got that, but I can assure you it's nothing personal. And you trying to make it personal doesn't speak well about your character.

So just # off

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

And you know you're not mistaken because...? You want to believe you're superiour? Unfailable? Chosen?

I mean Jesus did the same things like you say the muslims did.

edit on 8-8-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Once again, you're not making any sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And you know you're not mistaken because...? You want to believe you're superiour? Unfailable? Chosen?

I BELIEVE I'm not mistaken because my God has worked wonders in my life and has shown me how scripture is true.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Good for you. And what are you doing with this extraordinary gigantic blessing?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I pray and give thanks to God every day along with trying to spread His message while continuing to live each day the way I believe He wants me to, as outlined in scripture.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You'll have to give me a little more details. What's his message in your opinion.
What part of scripture?
I assume you mean the new testament? How do you know which parts are true?
You can find everything in there if you want to. From Jesus cursing a fig tree because it pissed him off, to him allegedly being a vegan.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I mean Jesus did the same things like you say the muslims did.

It’s like correcting a child who thinks because they red Thomas the Tank engine they can drive a train
You pretend you comprehend Christianity and history but you havnt a clue what you are talking about
You should be embarrassed but you steam on and on with your fantasy. Stop pretending that you know, you actually don’t.

And then proof, you equate Jesus with Muslims, what, to prove your ignorance, that’s all you can do

Then have an episode because you are held accountable

edit on 8-8-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join