It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disbelief is not following God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Disbelief is not a crime. There's no human law against disbelief. There are though human laws against the fruits of disbelief, murder, theft and sometimes lying are often punished.

Disbelief is not being convinced God doesn't exist, disbelief is simply not following God.

Is everybody still following?

You have to be a disbeliever to become a believer. That's how it works. Tactfully bring to the attention of a disbeliever what disbelief is and he might change his life, simply make him understand. You need to touch them. It usually takes the trust of the person. Finding God is easier when hou have someone you can trust.

Nowadays there's the danger the person gained a lot of traumas living society and there can be a lot of people around this person fears having grown up in society.

A victim of control.

I'm not out of this myself. Not all people are receptive for the idea. People seem to have other problems.

I like to entertain the idea of God here on ATS but in real life I don't really. Here I'm figuring out how people react and try to grow.

In the end I don't mean enmity.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Not knowing even of the existence of a supreme being is our default state. Nature is the only 'thing' that happens around us and we are all part of it.
I was born and I still am just the same way. This cannot be a 'sin', it would be really stupid.
I am an animal and I will go where animals go when they die. Either there is some natural way of recycling our conscience or there isn't. No gods or rules by an authoritative figure needed.
Sometimes I think believers must be the nastiest people in existence because they always tell me that without religion they would be crazy killing machines.
Wow, I am intrinsically peaceful. So I don't need fear and punishment.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Not entirely accurate, people just choose other fanciful beliefs to cling onto or just don’t care
Hurt people hurt people, it’s an endless circle that any one person must break to end the cycle, allow, feel and care

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:
"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Author: Carolyn Joyce Carty

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hurt people need healing.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
I am watching 'Mindhunter' on Netflix..... it is about the FBI and the beginnings of behaviour science.

In the 70s it was being recognised that people are compelled to do things because they were humiliated by their mothers when they were children.

edit on 8-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm not out of this myself. Not all people are receptive for the idea. People seem to have other problems.

I don't think we do have any other problems if only we look at the big picture.
Everything comes back to the one thing, this war going on between God and his fallen Son and they both hope to take us with them.
We know the world is in fact in the hands of Satan because everything from top to bottom is corrupt and we are all dismayed at the size of this corruption. it is all around us the evidence that the "story" is true and the prophecies will be fulfilled.

We don't have forever to take a side and stand there nothing else is important when you are talking about that decision.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It feels like such a cop out, God is all powerful, nothing exists outside of him, but at the same time he encourages and allows all the lies the pain the suffering and nobody knows for what.
A bit like a Dr.Mengele running an asylum where the patients are the healthy good people and the insane doctors and nurses run their experiments, destroying the patients...
There's just no justification.
I think it's time to admit God hates humans. Or he would do everything to save as many as possible, setting us up for success and not failure, he obviously doesn't want that or he could do that.
God loves Satan. And hates all of us.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

God already tried that experiment with the angels, and according to the Bible, we know how that worked out. A third of them won't be happy until they're able to usurp God's power.

This may be a poor example, but humans behave the same way when you try to give them everything. Take the BLM movement for example. People have spent decades trying to help the black community, but a portion of them won't be happy until they can control the whole system. They no longer want equality, they want total power.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
How would God see death? It's sad for the people left behind. Are we closer to God alive or dead?

So we wonder, Why? Is there anything left for us to do? To do is all there is left. Exist. Be.

Don 't kill, give life.
Don 't steal, give.
Don 't hate what's good, don't love what's evil, love what's good, hate what is evil.
Don 't lie, speak the truth.
Don 't do what you hate.

Work the rest of your life.

Tell me God, who is Jesus?

Eventually it will all make sense.
edit on 8-8-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Your thoughts make more sense. If god was truely powerful he could wipe out satan and show the world he exists.

Instead God creates a world in which he allows satan go minipulate people. Then he creates a judgement on you after you die. In which case, you may be very likely sent to hell because you didn't choose the right religion.

Sounds like a sadistic God.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If only people sticked together.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A bit like a Dr.Mengele running an asylum where the patients are the healthy good people and the insane doctors and nurses run their experiments, destroying the patients...

Why are little baby boys being mutilated?

Have you considered that traumatising baby boys could make them twisted adults?

There have been studies into ritual circumcision..... it's interesting stuff.

edit on 8-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Doesn't that kind of open up a whole different can of worms? Because it would imply it's possible to become God and instead of lifting everybody up he needs to keep everybody down, like a dictator or a pharao. Either way it doesn't speak for a benevolent being if we have to go through all the agony because he's the one with such a fragile ego that he can't handle equality.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Do we really know why Satan started a rebellion?
Personally I feel all we got is knowledge that there are forces outside our ordinary perception "playing" with us, but nothing is there that can be said with a satisfying degree of certainty about who, what or why.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Maybe sometimes God kills a child because He knows what will become of it. Why do people do things and then kill themselves like Hitler?

What is there we don't know?

Maybe we shouldn't look back and ask all these questions and just move on with life?

What if each of us just moved on with life? Maybe I'm the only one looking back.

I can 't seem to decide whether things are good or bad so they must be bad.

I have no passions, no hobbies, no friends, no family and everything is just confusing.

Is God pretending He doesn't exist?

I'm in a room.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So if God hates us, what are we going to do?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Join satan and rebel!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

And then get sent to hell? Do we really have a choice?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Figure stuff out. The bible says the fruit of knowledge got us into this mess, so there's maybe a hint because "and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"

Ignorance and faith doesn't help, that's a truth we can state with some certainty.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join