It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Cancel Culture, Now Academics Have Their Next Target: Pickup Trucks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Pretty sure the vast majority of trucks I did see in europe were americans stationed there.

They didn't own big campers or rvs because the roads are tiny and they don't have land to store it on.
The tiny campers they had they pulled with cars

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

On the face of it this is stupid, like the vast majority of politically correct driven dictates.

But I would be interested to know exactly which Euraopean safety standards the author of the article is so dead set against?
As seems to be increasingly normal there are no specific laws or standards mentioned or even referenced.

If one is going to be passionately opposed to something surely it helps if one knows exactly what one is passionately opposed to.

Just bollocks being spouted about Europeans for no reason whatsoever and with no supportive evidence.

"such systems are not mandatory, as they would be in Europe."

Maybe, just maybe, they are mandatory because they save lives.
But as there are no details or links we can't tell.
So we just take this guys word for it?

Yes, we need to follow the guidance of those who are outlawing butter knives......

Total and utter nonsense.
Please someone provide verifiable evidence of where butter knives are being 'outlawed'?

......and look askance at pedophilia scandals for fear of being labeled as intolerant.

Being addressed as is evidenced by several high profile grooming trials and convictions.
Not perfect, not by a long shot, but we are starting to address these issues.

How's things going with Ghislaine Maxwell?
You wishing her well?

People in glass houses and all that!

The people complaining about your pick up trucks are complete and utter #ing morons and live in a completely different world to the rest of us mere mortals.
The people buying this bollocks are just as bad.

Get a grip people.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Next time they need to move a couch, let's see them stuff it in their Prius.

Absolute Gold!
Oh that put a smile the size of my man-eating truck on my face.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have no clue as to what the woke left sees as intimidating or bad with trucks...They look great to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm glad the closest neighbor to my house with a pickup truck or motorcycle is 7 houses away! Such noise.

I feel sorry for the Neighbors who live closer.

Well I'm safe then as I only have 3 sport cars...lol

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
LMAO! What an absolute idiot!!
I'm a woman and have driven trucks since I got my license years ago. I've always had trucks and learned to drive in one. Grew up with horses, you gotta have a truck. Haul anything and usually do my own work and repairs. It'd be nice to hire someone but I can't afford it and there are no good repairmen around here anyway. Yes, I'm handy!
LMBO.. anyone touches my truck they're going to lose their hand.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: underpass61

The truck scared him so now we must ban them.[/quote
If we banned everything that scared this guy the world would be made out of nerf products...next it will be an old lady almost flattened him with a wheelchair. Dude needs help

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They are engaged in culture war. They are drawing the lines for whos side you are on.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Monster trucks, driven by idiot corrections officers, rip up my road at the same time every day with their mufflers hacked sawed off, and giant tires with lift kit that prevent their slowing or changing direction. They drive right down middle the road, creating a hazardous and obnoxious condition for everyone in their path.

Asking the local cops why nothing is enforced on this end of the municipality, they are like "ummm...".

So much of the fawlt lies within the culture itself. No doubt these are the same guys who wrap their new Challenger around a pole, the truck itself is not withstanding. It seem likes they are looking to cause problems via their mere passing through an area, and of course you can call it "attention seeking behavior", which is normally exclusive to juveniles.

In my mind, someone who is insecure with themselves and unable to conform to the norms of society has no right to participate in it. Normally I would rush to blame the non-conforming trucks themselves, which are completely unregulated, but it seems the defect lies within the owners personality itself.

With many problems like this, be it litter, or rolling coal or whatever...I ask, "what if everybody did it"?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

This is how you relater to others in the world outside, by harming them?

How old are you?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Taking my truck will be akin to taking my firearms, cowboy hat, or messing with my family.
You can think about it, but don't do it.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Aren't trucks pretty essential in many parts of America?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Protesters should not block the roads if they are worried about others and I 4x4 trucks plowing through them like a water puddle lol.

Stay out of the way fool's. This will go down like Guns or Oil, just won't happen because more trucks are sold than cars. I use my truck for everything. It has the inside luxury of a new Caddy but can carry or tow anything without getting stuck anywhere.

My little bug out mule lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I did some driving across the state last week and even around home the other day. I saw huge pickups, Fords and Dodges with big headlights up high and big beds. Many probably see little hauling use but if somebody wants to own one, I'm all for it. They are pretty safe in accidents although they do flip over easily. I also see sports cars built for speed and they don't bother me. Drive fast, get a ticket. Go too fast, wreck them. The road should be for the free and we should all share it.
Nobody ever complains about the big rigs that come barrelling down highways and now backroads with GPS using drivers. Goods have to go through but those rigs and inexperienced and less than skilled drivers cause many accidents. One truck does the wear and tear of 400 cars on a road.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
They're attacking anything that symbolizes America. Just wait apple pie is next.

They’re that thick they honestly believe the LIE that the United States was “bUiLt oN sLaVeRy”

It wasn’t

And they HATE western civilisation as a whole, not just the United States. But it seems to be a prerequisite of leftist morons that you must hate your country of birth or the country that gave you citizenship. f

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Best ballpark guess I can find shows a minimum of 150,000,000 pickup trucks registered in the United States.

If we assume that the country really has slid down the crapper into the looney hole and 20% of the population is SJWs who want to ban everything, that is about 66,000,000 crazy people.

Seems to me it would be easier to ban people who want to ban things.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yas buy scooters soy boys, pay no attention to Gogrish - you'll be fine

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Seems to me it would be easier to ban people who want to ban things.

I've secretly been replacing kale with fetus mulch - consume their own they shall
edit on 10-8-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I still don't understand the notion of "cancel culture." It seems to me that people are overly sensitive to people not liking the same things they do. Will trucks stop being made/sold because peoplewho would never buy one anyhow are boycotting them? So what?

People need to stop being so affected by other people's opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join