It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Cancel Culture, Now Academics Have Their Next Target: Pickup Trucks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Now they come for the pick-up trucks. Yes, sales of mega-pickups, which have basically been deliberately designed to intimidate and kill pedestrians, are booming and they cannot have that. So now it is time to get rid of these big killing machines and slap European style regulations on them.

Go figure, what is next that we cannot have because it offends crazy leftest?

townhall.com...

"As that chrome grille closed on me like a man-eating Norelco shaver, time slowed. It seemed I was watching myself from afar, being nimble for a man my age, darting from the path of a towering, limousine-black pickup with temporary plates, whose driver barely checked his pace." "It was huge! The domed hood was at forehead level. The paramedics would have had to extract me from the grille with a spray hose, like Randall Jarrell’s ball-turret gunner."

The ability to run people over in a large truck is a "marketing gimmick." Later in the thread, of course, Cooper mentioned this appeal is to conservatives and then details the likelihood of running over your own child in one of these unneeded trucks. He declares this is an advertising tool employed by Detroit, the selling point being that you could crush your progeny under the tires of your Ford Raptor.

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Next time they need to move a couch, let's see them stuff it in their Prius.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I've been driving since 1993 and have never owned anything besides a truck. Those people can kiss my ass, I'm coming for their smart cars and skateboards.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They're attacking anything that symbolizes America. Just wait apple pie is next.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Next time they need to move a couch, let's see them stuff it in their Prius.

Soy boys pay little people to do the menial labor for them. After they walk away they don't pretty much care how the work gets done.... a couch can be carried on ones back so long as its not their back.

My brother in law came to stay at my house the same week end my kitchen sink took a dump ... he sat their mystified as I replaced the sink and cabinet (which I found was rotting) ... he eventually ask me if the reason "I" was replacing the sink was to prove that I could do it .... No numb nuts, I'm replacing the sink because it needs replacing.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Another screwball Democrat piece of BS 🤣

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

"It was huge! The domed hood was at forehead level. The paramedics would have had to extract me from the grille with a spray hose, like Randall Jarrell’s ball-turret gunner."

Now a friend of mine just got a new Denali last week and while the hood is high, it can't be more than 4 1/2 feet. I think it's the writer's own size that is the issue here.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And those gae little wheely things that are just one wheel going by itself.
And those gae little electric standing scooters...
fae

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm glad the closest neighbor to my house with a pickup truck or motorcycle is 7 houses away! Such noise.

I feel sorry for the Neighbors who live closer.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
LOL! Yeah, good luck with this one in states like Alaska. Screw with our trucks, we will kill you... simple as that.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm glad the closest neighbor to my house with a pickup truck or motorcycle is 7 houses away! Such noise.

I have a racist evil looking f 350 dually diesel and that thing is more quite than many gas cars, especially the sports cars.

I use it to help the environment by getting the worst mpg as possible in order to go through the worlds supply as fast as possible. Once the worlds supply is gone the oil company will have to release the cars that run on water for 1 million years on one fill up. Mdern problems require modern solutions

Go green and burn as much oil as possible to help the environment

edit on 14831America/ChicagoFri, 07 Aug 2020 17:14:05 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

The truck scared him so now we must ban them.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

"such systems are not mandatory, as they would be in Europe."

Do Europeans not own RV camper trailers, or boats, or horse trailers, or jet skis? What do they pull their toys with?

BTW, trucks are s.e.x.y.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What exactly is the difference between being hit with a bus and hit with a Prius going 35 mph or above? It is not likely you will survive ether one.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The sooner that EVERYONE admits/acknowledges the Leftists have a mental illness, the sooner we can help them with a cure.
But I don’t think they teach lobotomies in medical school anymore.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Weird, where I live it's all the little Hondas with the fart-can mufflers making all the unnecessary racket. 2nd.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Man, this crap again, here?

Trucks? Honestly who cares, they won't get far, so why is it here?

I had to look on another forum, to learn info about "Mothman" sightings in Chicago...

Pretty sad, when I used to get that info here.

the 2 party system is a joke, rep, dem, it's all a toddler party argument.

And the grassroots crap, is just marketing buzzwords being abused, like normal.

China doesn't have to help jack, 2 parties here, do a great job, making themselves look dumber than insurance for eating ice cream.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Huh...
I wonder if my truck gets worse gas mileage than yours? It's not a diesel. It's a 1989 F250 extend cab long box.
Her name is Jolleen, cause all the old men want her. LOL

The moron in the OP would crap himself if she came up behind him, with the spare tire on the front.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Amid Cancel Culture, Now Academics Have Their Next Target: Pickup Trucks

BS, read the article, just some unsubstantiated opinion piece written by a rightwing propagandist stiring the pot on a fake news rag.

Some people will believe anything.
edit on 7-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

From the article:

The ability to run people over in a large truck is a "marketing gimmick." Later in the thread, of course, Cooper mentioned this appeal is to conservatives and then details the likelihood of running over your own child in one of these unneeded trucks. He declares this is an advertising tool employed by Detroit, the selling point being that you could crush your progeny under the tires of your Ford Raptor.

A Ford Raptor? I have one and it is a truly amazing vehicle. I have not come close to running anyone over much less my child; it is also not a tall vehicle- it is wide though.

How are construction workers going to haul the gear they need to do their job?

I have a feeling that this opinion article is from some idiot that lives in a big city that has no clue about the importance of trucks in a large swath of the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join