It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to use Creative Commons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Love old Neil.

Wasn't skeered, but you know : am always wary of any hungry omnivore.

Don't feel like posting much tonight.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Here check this out www.abovetopsecret.com...

Implications indeed!

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He already DID release it by the 1st post. Its out in the ether.

I dont get your point. Its unnecessary...

Its his to use, its out there well so......?????????

So does that mean that I can let people steal it if I want them to ?

'cuz that's what I'm asking.

Just as long as people don't plagiarize and claim it as their work and put their name as author.

You said its out there. Ok? Now. Anyone can cut and paste it now. Stealing is a given. The nature of copyright . People can and do take my stuff. So? I can stop YT in 10 mins if someone uses my band, music, album photos....but this is the INTERNET.

edit on 8-8-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You said its out there. Ok? Now. Anyone can cut and paste it now. Its called file sahStealing is a given. The nature of copyright . People can and do take my stuff. So?

sahStealing

Is that spelled right? Search engine told me to refine my search.

So basically, people who just have links to ATS location, then ATS goes down will have dead links, but people who do actual copy paste will not be so disappointed.

As long as my stuff is properly stolen then I'm cool with that.

edit on 8-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sir! Your last line says it all....great. Now. Writer to writer...you said you posted thee and others already...somewhere?

Then they are already online, reachable, copied, hacked. It happens.

When putting things online....it's both.

There and gone forever...see? Welcome to the publishing wide world mass disemination of original content.

You may perhaps want to modify your understanding of copyrights, shared content of yours like here, Reddit...wherever.

Message me any questions.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Message me any questions.

I quit doing PMs because I've lost friends that way.
There is a false sense of security that develops.
Then: BOOM!
Someone concludes that I'm crazy.
-----------------------------
So basically I must have blind faith that my stuff is being stolen. I can't verify it because I don't engage in the type of social media that would show evidence one way or the other.

I realize now that I never should have written that powerful curse long ago, designed to protect my writings from theft.

If you are familiar with the movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Wait! Not that one. I meant the one starring Mickey Mouse.

Now imagine if the character played by Mickey Mouse wanted to be a sorcerer's apprentice so badly, yet couldn't find a suitable sorcerer to apprentice with. So he says, "Well then, I will simply become a sorcerer myself and then I will apprentice to myself."

Now in the Mickey Mouse movie, when things got all messed up, there was the sorcerer who could come home, assess the situation, and set it right. But if the sorcerer and the apprentice were one and the same, then no such luck.

Back around 1996,1997 I wrote this powerful curse to protect my work from theft on the internet. So stealing my work would be a dangerous quest fraught with peril.

Now there is some hope for those who would steal my work:

My spell book was in the bottom of a trunk. It was an old trunk, no longer water resistant. One day, as that trunk was in storage in a garage, that garage flooded. So my spell book suffered the same fate as any other book in similar circumstances.

It is possible that the ink has smeared to such a state that the spell has disappeared. The possibility exists that the paper itself has decayed to such an extent that the spell has dissolved. In either case it should be safe to steal my work.

There are no guarantees though. But the bold, the brave, and those so innocent as to be protected from such curses may sally forth to hazard the risks.

edit on 8-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Here check this out www.abovetopsecret.com...

Implications indeed!

We spend our lives trying to connect the dots, only to find that what is revealed, never needed dots...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yep.

Pretty much.

But sometimes some mystery reveals ( itself ? ), and the dogged pursuit is on. Not that I'm actually a dog. Perhaps dog-esque.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Good News Everybody

I dug through my papers and found a non-active facsimile of the curse. After careful examination I have determined that:

The curse only applies to people who purchased a copy of my book and then put portions on the internet as their own.

There were a couple of poems in that book that I put on ATS myself. But, and this is important, I made edits before posting them here on ATS. So even those aren't the original poems, but rather derivatives.

So no one needs to fear the curse, except for the 40 or so people who bought the book.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

To be clear...I don't do social media either....and may I make an assumption by a lifelong-familial "sensitive"?

Your dismay and concern over this...may be your cause and effect end result of your earlier "book"of spells. You did it, rt?

Almost all of your copyright fears are unfounded...which makes me believe it's related back to that.

It's your cross to bear for previous efforts. Bad begats bad...karma. And payment is always due.

*I offer no one really to p.m. me unless about music, medicine...and copyrighted material(s)...and I think I can clarify for them.

I don't extend myself lightly...if at all. Good luck to you

MS

edit on 9-8-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Your dismay and concern over this...may be your cause and effect end result of your earlier "book".
It's your cross to bear for previous efforts. Bad begats bad...karma.

Yes. Jealousy is a bitch.

Actually, the biggest thing was that the people who said "You should write a book" were the same people when the time came said "you should give it to be for free, 'cuz we're friends and all."

Then I said, "You should help me defray the production costs, 'cuz we're friends and all."

Printing a book isn't free at all.

Thank you.

edit on 9-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Your dismay and concern over this...may be your cause and effect end result of your earlier "book".
It's your cross to bear for previous efforts. Bad begats bad...karma.

Yes. Jealousy is a bitch.

Actually, the biggest thing was that the people who said "You should write a book" were the same people when the time came said "you should give it to be for free, 'cuz we're friends and all."

Then I said, "You should help me defray the production costs, 'cuz we're friends and all."

Printing a book isn't free at all.

Thank you.

I still owe $11,000 on a witheld biography in London. That was my portion.

Everything you said was pretty true.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

There is this category of people called amateurs who do things for the love of it.

When amateurs accidently go pro, even for a short time, things can get a bit FUBAR.

Just identifying the root of my problem has helped me get over it, mostly.

Thank you very, very much.

And I wish you well on that $11,000. I really do.

edit on 9-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Nah...eaten up....the other co-author owes $25,000.

We are musicians in the history books...so IF Universal releases it...and makes $$...must satisfy the $11k including $25k before I'd recoup ...on that one project.

So, never stop writing( it's good positive karma)...let nothing disuade or stop you.

You gotta believe. We toss our ideas into and draw from the cosmos too...a small part of the greater "ALL".

Just always sign 'em, date 'em...and let them flow....

Best

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I guess my ATS name is a suitable nom de plume, posts have date stamps.

Looks like you aren't in too bad of a situation.

Best

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I guess my ATS name is a suitable nom de plume, posts have date stamps.

Looks like you aren't in too bad of a situation.

Best

Im ok. 70+blogs, couple books, childrens fairy Tale...some other stuff...not liable for the $...it was our money. Bottom line? As original works...we all...everybody, wants credit where credit it due for our works.

After all. We do want it out there....and unfortunately...with modern world views, takes, sites, blogs, captures, pastes, edits, renames, hack-ups...once we let it fly as I said before...gone forever into cyberworld.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join