It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to use Creative Commons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There are some posts of mine which I would like to release to the public domain or use a Creative Commons License so that they may be freely used.

As far as I know, the agreement with ATS means I don't have exclusive right. Is there some boilerplate statement that ATS recommends to make works public domain?

Can that boilerplate, if such exists, be added by a mod, to individual posts?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I might be wrong and i'm not a lawyer, but as far as i know, ats's terms for content you submit yourself doesn't stop you from releasing that content elsewhere or under other licenses. It just grants them a license to use and republish it.
edit on 7/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The thing is, I don't have any other means of distribution; no facebook, twitter, or whatever normal people have. And I don't particularly want to get those things.

Should I find an agent to do that, some normal person who has those things like facebook?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
check T&C. basically, you can link freely to any content on ATS, all user content is under CC here (details specified in T&C).

as far as your own posts go, you're free to do whatever i guess, since you're the author, but either you're posting them elsewhere on your own, or you're linking to ATS and then it's under CC license ATS specifies. that being said, if you want those posts to survive, take into account the fact that ATS is dying.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If you're releasing it as CC it doesn't really matter how you do it. The point of releasing something as CC is that you're giving it away for anyone to use however they want.

creativecommons.org...

You probably don't need a lawyer for that. It's a bit overkill. If you planned on releasing it commercially or something a lawyer might be a good idea, but otherwise, you're all good to give away the stuff you've written for free if you choose.
edit on 7/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Exclusive? No. But you are the creator and originator and you may use. Ask

Copyright Holder

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
To add? You published already...I think use of "exclusive" by you is issue.

Why? It's yours. I've placed posts of mine in several books. Just credit additional credit to its original location

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

The thing is, I don't have any other means of distribution; no facebook, twitter, or whatever normal people have. And I don't particularly want to get those things.

Should I find an agent to do that, some normal person who has those things like facebook?

My understanding is that ATS is shutting down; so if you don't rehost your content it will not be here for much longer.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I’ve copied some of my threads to another site, which I will not name as to keep from being banned. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hi Funny-Face.
There is some info here : Index of Important ATS Threads, then look to the bottom of the op, there is some info on copyright issues.

As for publicizing, without paying for a big fancy publishing house : there is a website called Fiverr, where young folks, whom are sometimes savy, are eager to do any kind of marketing, including posting written material on fazebrook, or Instagram, or wherever, for a measly $5. Then Fiverr tacks-on a fee of about 25%.
Services start at $5, but can be much more.

If you want to have it semi-anonymous : you could make a new g-mail account, then use that to sign-up, complete with your new semi-anonymous profile.
You could even get a logo made for a project, for $5.
You could offer your services as a writer, and charge more as reputation increases, or not...
You could get someone to make accounts for you, on any social-media, promote ideas for you, all kinds of services.

Warning : that site is full of folks from low-income nations, and some will promise to do anything for $5, beyond their abilities.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thank you.

I'll have to look at that later.

Right now ...
I'm paying the price

for that last thread
it's happened before

I should be okay again

IN TIME

It's on me

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What I'm trying to say here is:

PLEASE SOMEBODY STEAL This FIRE
call it anonymous
no. Better yet - Unknown
Keep the title the same though

Just make it free.
edit on 7-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'll post it elsewhere and attribute it to anonymous if you'd like. It's absolutely beautiful.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

- Unknown
If you please.

Thank you my friend.

The line:

to mingle with their own.

is adapted from a story I wrote in about 1998, maybe 1999.

I've got a whole story about that story
edit on 7-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Unknown it is then, my friend

I hope you have a good night!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Getting better.

You might like this post too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I hope I didn't scare you.

I can explain:
==========

In my despair and depression,
I discovered that I had totally
forgotten to eat.

So neuro-brain chemistry
and all that.

So after eating something,
I thought:

If only I had a maid!

There's this time when I was in Oklahoma ...

That's too long
I'm gonna go eat some more.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

He already DID release it by the 1st post. Its out in the ether.

I dont get your point. Its unnecessary...

Its his to use, its out there well so......?????????

Published Author
Copyrighted Songwriter
Int. Trademark Holder

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
check T&C. basically, you can link freely to any content on ATS, all user content is under CC here (details specified in T&C).

as far as your own posts go, you're free to do whatever i guess, since you're the author, but either you're posting them elsewhere on your own, or you're linking to ATS and then it's under CC license ATS specifies. that being said, if you want those posts to survive, take into account the fact that ATS is dying.

I have posted copyrighted edits from my books and from here into publications.

And, youre making it waaaay complicated. Its not. You wrote it. You own it. Anywhere posted? THEY own that posting not IT...geez

Good luck

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He already DID release it by the 1st post. Its out in the ether.

I dont get your point. Its unnecessary...

Its his to use, its out there well so......?????????

So does that mean that I can let people steal it if I want them to ?

'cuz that's what I'm asking.

Just as long as people don't plagiarize and claim it as their work and put their name as author.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join