It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology at a Crossroads - Science vs. Publicity and Entertainment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

I think that’s a good idea
BUT…

Okay, you get a data base, even though they’ve had UFO data bases for a long time in one form or another.

What will that do to hasten any real understanding of UFOs?

Sure it’s a tool but I think we need creative thinking or we have to settle for uncertainty until whatever is truly behind this comes forth and exposes themselves, or itself, if anything.

I personally am open to UFOs being something exotic and do think there is enough evidence for that belief.

IT’S A BELIEF NOT CERTAINTY

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Indeed, and every database is different depending on what purpose it should serve. That's why I'd be interested to learn more about the specifications and whether that database could accomodate historical cases (which I still regard as extremely valuable).

One thing that bothers me about the whole TTSA/Pentagon discussion is the "threat" thing. If they can't provide hard evidence for any of their claims up to now, what could be the reason to even engage in all of this? I mean from a governmental or intelligence perspective?

Maybe "control" has something to do with it? Or the real fear of foreign aerial vehicles operating in US airspace without current systems being able to track them? In that case, local airspace surveillance using SkyHub would make sense. What else could these sensors detect if they were set up on a large scale?

So all this may not be UFO related after all. But I'm just speculating while trying to make sense of the apparent contradictions in this whole affair.
edit on 9-8-2020 by jeep3r because: added link

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Sure, they may be afraid of a foreign power using ufology to test some of their secret crafts and TTSA is a flack for that and is an operation to gain interest in a closer study of them.

That’s a good possibility. The TTSA guys are no pro-alien, spooky UFO proponents.

Only TDL use to be but he's calmed down.

My take is that we have exhausted research capacity and never had the economic incentive to form a bigger study.
But that may be because we don't see any ideas of what to do to determine what UFOs are.

How do you test or observe something that's physically unobservable? Other than some testimony, some pictures or videos taken.

The UFO in the sky approach after 70 years has produced nothing tangible.

We need new creative ideas.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

After 70 years and much speculation, not one case has been proven to involve 'aliens'.

Lets look at theLeveland case. Isnt odd that cases like this and Westall arent well known to everyone as the ones we should be looking at? This should have been the first case you did a thread about, well maybe after Rendelsham. Randle has also whined/blogged a few times about the missed opportunity this case presented. But even if some Hynek type person did get there and do a rigorous investigation , whats going to turn up? You found similar incidents elsewhere, but its not like you could setup a speed trap or something and catch it.

Give the Belgian military all the props in the world for having the nuts to go after the black triangle, sending up F-16s, but they hit a dead end. Im not sure what else could have really been done. The sightings stop and then what can you do?

Ufology has a huge credibility problem. There are no rigorous standards and qualifications to enter the field and no collective objective.

The problem is UFOs are just the tip of the ice berg, it pervades our society. Doctors are in the hip pocket of pharmaceuticals with all kinds of crazy side effects. You are extremely lucky if you find one to tell you about the key supplements you should be taking if you want to avoid the 2nd most common cancer, and its very preventable.

Several states have duped their constituents into raising min wage recently, even though prices will just go up to compensate... Instead of finding real business men to run their state who can do it right.

The supplement industry, largely unregulated, is full of snake oil. You have to do your own research to find out you should be buying mostly from companies like Thorne and Jarrow that go the extra mile. And there really is some cutting edge things that could make a difference in your life, IF you do your homework.

How many get rich quick schemes, diet scams, and Jimmy Swaggert type people are there?

Here we are legalizing marijuana so the politicians can exploit the fool out these people with taxes like they do the cigarettes.

How does a company like johnson and johnson remain in business after this talcum powder flap? I know i will never buy from them again.

Ufology is just par for the course.
edit on 9-8-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join