It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mail-in voting is REAL voter suppression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a great piece by Marc Thiessen in The Washington Post

Now, our resident leftists will be along any minute to cry about the source because Thiessen is to the right of Mao. Knowing today's climate, WaPo may face boycotts for mistakenly allowing facts to be published in their paper. Note how they will fail to address the substance of the piece.

The essence of it is that even if you completely discount potential voter fraud, there are still plenty of problems with mail-in voting (my emphasis):

More recently, the 2020 Democratic primaries should serve as a cautionary tale. About six weeks after New York’s congressional primaries, winners were not declared in two closely watched House races until Tuesday. That’s thanks to complications in counting the surge of more than 400,000 mail-in ballots, of which state officials have already invalidated 84,000. In California, election officials rejected more than 100,000 mail-in ballots in the state’s March presidential primary. To put these numbers in perspective, Trump won the White House in 2016 thanks to roughly 80,000 votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin combined. In Pennsylvania alone, mail ballot problems kept about 92,000 people from voting in a primary in a state that Trump won by just 44,000 votes four years ago. In Florida, about 18,500 mail-in ballots were not counted, and in Nevada, about 6,700 were rejected. In a close race, such failures could easily call the results into question.

Just look at NY. That's ONE Congressional district. 84,000 mail-in ballots were thrown out, out of 400,000. For those of you who took common core math and don't understand the significance, that means that 2 out of every 10 people who voted by mail didn't have their vote counted.

The major news agencies reported on these problems routinely up until a few years ago. Of course, now that Trump has a problem with it, mail-in voting has become their end-all, be-all of democracy.

The fact of the matter is, mail-in voting is wrought with problems. States that haven't done this before are unprepared. Lots of mistakes will happen, even without voter fraud in the mix.

Here's the real funny part:

Ironically, it could very well be Democrats who end up crying foul. A study of Georgia’s 2018 midterm elections found that mail-in ballots of “younger, minority and first-time voters are most likely to be thrown out.” A study of Florida’s midterms that same year determined that mail-in ballots “cast by Black, Hispanic, and other racial and ethnic minorities were more than twice as likely to be rejected as … ballots cast by White absentee mail voters.”

So the real question is, why do the Democrats not want your vote to count?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

How many non-mail-in ballots get thrown out?

We have mail-in voting here, and have since long before covid, it's literally not a problem at all.
edit on 7/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Mail-in-voting is the only chance Dims have to cheat the election.

That is the ONLY reason they want it.

To secure our elections we also need voter ID. It is absolutely absurd that US citizens are required to provide ID for everything under the sun but not for voting.

Voter ID helps eliminate Dims cheating in person voting.

That is the only reason they DON'T want voter ID.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The GOAL, in some states like NEVADA, is to saturate the state with mail-in ballots early September. Push residents hard to return those ballots ASAP.

Why?

The first Biden vs Trump debate is September 29th. Even Democrats expect Biden to be reduced to Jello. Many who vote for Biden in early-mid September, would NOT vote for him after seeing him trounced on the debate stage.

Trump formally asked for a 4th debate on the front end, or for the 3rd debate, scheduled for later in October, to be moved to the front, and to occur right after Labor Day....before millions of mailed-out ballots are returned.

The Federal Election Commission turned him down yesterday, citing reasons that DO NOT APPLY THIS YEAR.

Story here: nypost.com...

(The Federal Election Commission is supposed to be "Bi-Partisan", but who knows. It seems that NOTHING is any more.)

edit on 8/7/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Enormous amount of waste involved with mail in ballots. Something that is never discussed by climate advocates. Millions of ballots will go in landfills, time and resources spent doing recounts, finding fraud, arresting people, jail sentences. Much cleaner to go to a booth or request an absentee ballot.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

We have mail-in voting here, and have since long before covid, it's literally not a problem at all.

Same here. We've been using mail-in ballots statewide for many years with no particular problems. They even pay the postage so you can't pull the "I am disenfranchised because I can't afford a stamp!" ploy.
edit on 8/7/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Same here. We've been using mail-in ballots statewide for many years with no particular problems. They even pay the postage so you can't pull the "I am disenfranchised because I can't afford a stamp!" ploy.

Same for me here in florida. it's the voting in person that causes problems here. Not enough voting places.
edit on 7-8-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Having been in the military community all over the world for nearly 50 years I can tell you it is a real problem.

Every Presidential cycle military members are warned they must get their ballots to their precincts on time or their ballot will be thrown out. They are also reminded that several states require ballots to be notarized or witnessed or they will be thrown out. They are reminded to sign and fully and carefully follow every regulation on the ballot or it will be thrown out. Many states don't care about the postmarked date, it is date received and military members in remote places often have their ballots tossed because by the time they get their mail in ballot and put it back in the mail it arrives too late to be counted.

They are told this because thousands and thousands of military members mail in (absentee) ballots are routinely tossed out every election cycle. I have heard this message every 4 years given to all military members from all over the nation. They would not receive this message if it were not an issue.

New York just threw out a whole bunch of mail-in ballots with no postage mark stamped on them.

Yes, I read it too that close to 25% of all mail-in ballots were tossed out and thrown away in NYC for these issues above. It is typical in many states for this to happen. www.pix11.com...

Isn't it worrying that 25% of the mail in votes were just thrown away in a primary election? What would that mean in really important elections?

edit on 8/7/20 by The2Billies because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If USPS is so problematic, why does IRS and White House send money and critical personal information via mail?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
florida has had mail in voting for about 20 years and the REPUBLICANS have done well and BENEFITED from the mail in vote .....and let me be clear...the republicans did not cheat...they had good results with the mail in voting

a reply to: scraedtosleep

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not many when you physically vote.

There are big differences between local voting and national voting, and absentee voting is not even close to mail in voting as the person needs to register for the absentee to do it.

There is a much higher risk of fraud at the federal level. All one would need to do is look at the swing states and then through public records see who voted or didn't vote in those states. Once you build up a list of 10,000s of people who do not vote you then submit a ballot for them for the candidate you choose.

This is not something that happens at the local level and if it did it would only affect one small group not the whole country.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not many when you physically vote.

There are big differences between local voting and national voting, and absentee voting is not even close to mail in voting as the person needs to register for the absentee to do it.

There is a much higher risk of fraud at the federal level. All one would need to do is look at the swing states and then through public records see who voted or didn't vote in those states. Once you build up a list of 10,000s of people who do not vote you then submit a ballot for them for the candidate you choose.

This is not something that happens at the local level and if it did it would only affect one small group not the whole country.

All over the nation lots of dead people vote by mail every major election cycle. That is another way ballots are harvested.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Isn't it worrying that 25% of the mail in votes were just thrown away in a primary election? What would that mean in really important elections?

Now take this one step further...what if.... We scrutinized one political party more than another and the end result was 80% of those 25% thrown out were actually from just one party.... Look at that Trump vote...hanging tab, a speck of ink outside of the box, I can't really read the postage date very well, this one, oops, has coffee on it...

edit on 7-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Mail-in-voting is the only chance Dims have to cheat the election.

That is the ONLY reason they want it.

To secure our elections we also need voter ID. It is absolutely absurd that US citizens are required to provide ID for everything under the sun but not for voting.

Voter ID helps eliminate Dims cheating in person voting.

That is the only reason they DON'T want voter ID.

Voter ID is racist.....Not wanting mail-in voting is racist....according to the Dems anyway.
Cheating is their way of life.
I agree with everything you said.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
florida has had mail in voting for about 20 years and the REPUBLICANS have done well and BENEFITED from the mail in vote .....and let me be clear...the republicans did not cheat...they had good results with the mail in voting

a reply to: scraedtosleep

Fl has been scary in their voting practices...Boxes of votes found stuffed in warehouses...people driving from voting places with boxes in their private cars as they deliver them solo. Lol, think of the crap that would happen in full mail in voting there.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Now, our resident leftists will be along any minute to cry about the source because Thiessen is to the right of Mao.

Yeah, just like Trump is to the left of Hitler and Mussolini, right?

Knowing today's climate, WaPo may face boycotts for mistakenly allowing facts to be published in their paper. Note how they will fail to address the substance of the piece.

So right wing propoganda is now fact? Who'd of thunk it?

The essence of it is that even if you completely discount potential voter fraud, there are still plenty of problems with mail-in voting (my emphasis):

I think i understand it without having to read the propoganda. Let's see:

Outcome A: Trump loses election = voter fraud

Outcome B: Trump wins election = nothing to see here

So the real question is, why do the Democrats not want your vote to count?

The real question is, when are you gonna wake up?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I imagine the problem isn't mail-in voting itself... and places that have had it since long before covid most likely have it humming like a charm.

The problem comes in when try to implement a new way of voting in areas that have not had that type of voting before. The problems are exasperated when you try and scramble to get the new system in place too close to an election

Liberals complain when a few voting location change to close to an election... and their right to do so; it causes disruption and confusion for those who utilize those locations.

Changing how an entire state will vote in s major election 3 months from now is just asking for a disaster.

The question I have is why do the proponents of vote by mail want to cause a disaster? Probably because they don't like their chances in the upcoming election.

Vote by mail is a good idea; especially now that we are fully aware of how pandemics and other natural disasters can rock us. It should have been implemented years a go as a precaution .... now its to late for this election.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Responding to all the comments that responded to me and after doing a bunch of reading on the matter...you guys have more problems with your elections than some mail in ballot nonsense...

I actually couldn't find numbers for america for spoilt in person ballots, but I did find in Canada's 2015 election there was around 120,000 invalid in-person votes. We have less people, but we had a 91% voter turnout vs America's consistent from about 1976 turnout of 55%-60%. So the numbers probably aren't too far off.

You guys just seem to have serious issues with your elections in general.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Yep 20 years and maybe once or twice my votes actually counted.

Heck I was told florida (was my state of residence) doesn't count mail in unless it's a close vote.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: The2Billies

Yep 20 years and maybe once or twice my votes actually counted.

Heck I was told florida (was my state of residence) doesn't count mail in unless it's a close vote.

I heard a lot of this same stuff when I was in. There's a lot of misconceptions around military absentee ballots. The races will usually be called before they're counted because the number of absentee ballots from military often wouldn't affect the results. But they are counted, as are all other absentee and provisional ballots.

Just because the race is called by news agencies before your vote is counted doesn't mean that your vote doesn't count or isn't counted. That's like saying when the news agencies call each state, some with only a small percentage of the vote in and counted, that the rest of the votes that trickle in later that evening "don't count." It's just not accurate and a misconception that I really wish people would stop spreading. Some people stop voting because they think their vote doesn't matter, and it does.

The official vote totals usually don't come out for days or even weeks, specifically because they're counting all the absentee and provisional ballots.

I'm not sure what service you were in, or when, but I was in the Air Force from 2004-2016 and we had unit voting officers whose job it was to make sure everyone knew when their state, local, and national elections were, to help them get registered to vote if they so desired, and to make sure they were aware of deadlines to request and mail their ballots and even help them fill them out properly and provide the right documentation. There really was no excuse for Airmen to not have their vote cast and counted.

<<   2 >>

join