It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The price of instant gratification

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NightVision
Good thing out Govt allows people to comment. Is that the kind of country you'd run if you were Prez?

If I were President why would I care if private citizens shut off the comments section in their social media profiles? What kind of tin pot dictator worries about that level of minutia?

Diet coke stings when you blow it out your nose!!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sorry, broheim, price of doing business on the interwebs these days.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Good thing out Govt allows people to comment. Is that the kind of country you'd run if you were Prez?

If I were President why would I care if private citizens shut off the comments section in their social media profiles? What kind of tin pot dictator worries about that level of minutia?

That's the aspartame.

Actually that explains a lot, mystery solved.
🤣

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yea back when you had to send a letter to express your opinion and that took a month and was only read by a handful of people tops yes they were “less fragile” then and 1000x more insulated from the view, opinions and even the presence of others.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Great thread mate!

I deleted my Facebook account right when i noticed my wife was booting people who she thought should've been liking her posts.

That sort of mentality isn't for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If Joe Biden gets elected, I'm thinking he would probably turn off his comments. The Authoritarian Left hates free speech.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This one stung pretty bad

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Great thread mate!

I deleted my Facebook account right when i noticed my wife was booting people who she thought should've been liking her posts.

You deleted your facebook because your wife did something on her acct that you personally don't like? That's like refusing to bank at Chase because your wife robbed a local branch.
edit on 7-8-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If Joe Biden gets elected, I'm thinking he would probably turn off his comments. The Authoritarian Left hates free speech.

Okay? What does that have to do with my original comment?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Okay? What does that have to do with my original comment?

Turning off comments is your right. Yet, it is still supression of free speech in a public forum. Why even enter the forum at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

Well I guess the triggered marys would have to deal with it then owing to the fact that Dave Chappelle is a private citizen.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Great thread mate!

You deleted your facebook because your wife did something on her acct that you personally don't like? That's like refusing to bank at Chase because your wife robbed a local branch.

Well.... it's really not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join