It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason our Governors are Keeping us Locked Down

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Guys, theres a very simple solution to this. Its really not a big deal.

Rent/lease forgiveness. For the durations of the lockdown.

Simply provide the government your lease/rental agreement, and your records showing you ceased operations/shut down, and the govt reimburses your landlord for the amt of time you were shut down.

Very simple.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

How about an even better idea.

Let the people fearful of the virus quarantine. Let everyone else go about their business.

Much cheaper and virtually brainless.

I don’t need the government to pay my bills. I need the government to allow me to work.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So you put a damn sign up that says, "no Shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service."

Additionally, every damn website now has to have the stupid cookie notice. Make a similar sign in the window that states "upon entering this store, the management takes no responsibility if you do not protect yourself"

It's the exact same thing where they aren't responsible for damage to or loss of property from your vehicle.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

the real reason for the lockdown is idiots.

We were told as kids not to run with scissors. these idiots get told not to run with them but they do it anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: KKLOCO

the real reason for the lockdown is idiots.

We were told as kids not to run with scissors. these idiots get told not to run with them but they do it anyway.

I’m presuming you’re talking about Fauci and crew.

I agree! Don’t let idiots make us believe that this is even a pandemic— with less than a 1% mortality rate.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: blackstar111

Governors and public officials are following the guidelines given to them by the White House and CDC.

Got a link?

The following documents outline the directives given to local officials by Trump, his 'Task Force', and the CDC director he appointed a year and a half ago:

- The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America

- President Trump's Letter to Governors on Coronavirus

- 30 Days to Slow the Spread

- White House Coronavirus Task Force Announces Community Mitigation Strategies For ___________________ (City/County)
edit on 9-8-2020 by blackstar111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You didn't say don't punish people for trying to find the way to fund their survival in their business and home.

Don't punish them ether.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

So you put a damn sign up that says, "no Shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service."

Additionally, every damn website now has to have the stupid cookie notice. Make a similar sign in the window that states "upon entering this store, the management takes no responsibility if you do not protect yourself"

It's the exact same thing where they aren't responsible for damage to or loss of property from your vehicle.

This is what they should do. but then the no mask crowd will reeeeee about how private businesses aren't serving them the way they want.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
2nd week of November there will be the miraculous declaration that the world has achieved herd immunity. The entire world is trying to stop Trump and since it won't/didn't work, must get back to living. Fauchi actually mentioned something very, very similar to this in his Johns-Hopkins speech 3 weeks ago. Since has been scrubbed from the entire internet.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

This is presuming Biden wins.

That world looks less appealing — even minus the masks, social distancing, Gym closures, bar closures, movie theaters...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Fauchi actually mentioned something very, very similar to this in his Johns-Hopkins speech 3 weeks ago. Since has been scrubbed from the entire internet.

Yeah.
My dog ate my homework too.
A+, for sure.

It was my Master's Thesis.
I killed that dog. Then I ate her.

edit on 8/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Actually the mortality rate is about 3.1% in the US and higher around the world. Only about 1.6% of the US has been infected. There is also the concern of the very high amount of long-lasting possibly permanent health damages in those that are able to recover. The reason for the lockdown is to reduce the flow of people to get medical treatment. This thing will continue to infect until we have a vaccine or herd immunity. But allowing that infection to speed up beyond the capacity of the medial centers will result in deaths due to the inability to get treatment only because of a backlog. Would people really be accepting of deaths (not deaths directly due to covid but due to injuries that could have been treated) due to waiting time? The laws of the US and the world for that matter never anticipated a pandemic and planning a course of action either before or during is a daunting task where no country has made great strides. The real reason the politicians are making rules or shooting down rules is that their job is to appeal to the masses and to continue to take home a nice paycheck. The easiest way to solve this problem is to simply infect anyone that doesn’t wear a mask or believe there is a pandemic. Then it will just magically go away due to lack of transmission. a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It’s past time to start fighting this sh!t. Masks and all. I’m sick of not being able to breathe when the masks don’t protect you. They just show you’re a compliant citizen. If we don’t belligerently resist we will be wearing masks forever

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I give up. I'm totally done with the selfish stupidity of some. At this point I say let anyone open that wants to. BUT if they choose to, anyone who contracts COVID after visiting said business should be able to sue them with NO corporate or other protection of assets. In other words, if you open your business and i decide to visit it and subsequently contract COVID i can sue the owners for everything: money, house, clothes off their back. Everything. If they're SO sure there's no risk then they have nothing to fear.

# YOU.

You take a risk getting out of bed. GET OVER IT.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You are right on the money. The main reason that you can't sign a waiver is your medical insurance. You need to read that fine print real carefully. In some instances you actually authorize the insurance company to sue to recoup their costs for your medical care. That's why you have lawsuits like a Grandmother suing her 12 year old grandson because she got hit with a baseball. It may look stupid, but, it isn't. Her medical insurance company is suing the insurance company that has the homeowners insurance policy for where her grandson lives.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
JUst look at how Australia is treating it's citizens, especially in Victoria. Want to use mass transit? Tell the police why you are going and for how long, maybe they will let you, maybe they won't. They never intended for the lockdown to end, that is the new normal they have been planning for since they knew the old financial system was doomed to failure. Now they can blame that on a virus instead of the greed of the banksters and corporate overlords who have milked the system dry. Unless the people en masse turn out to tell them NO they win this battle of creeping incremental control. So long as they can keep the fear up the sheep will comply. When they no longer fear the dog watch out.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
JUst look at how Australia is treating it's citizens, especially in Victoria. Want to use mass transit? Tell the police why you are going and for how long, maybe they will let you, maybe they won't. They never intended for the lockdown to end, that is the new normal they have been planning for since they knew the old financial system was doomed to failure. Now they can blame that on a virus instead of the greed of the banksters and corporate overlords who have milked the system dry. Unless the people en masse turn out to tell them NO they win this battle of creeping incremental control. So long as they can keep the fear up the sheep will comply. When they no longer fear the dog watch out.

Hang in there I feel an Aussie spring arising in your future. Throwing off the Shackles of idiots in power now will not be easy but they are making it easy to see their tyranny. THAT will turn the tide if people hate tyranny. I don't believe there is give up in you Aussie's any more than the Americans. Blessings and prayers for our brothers down under!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join