It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason our Governors are Keeping us Locked Down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
They should do what we do in Japan make everything voluntarily use common sense open up reopen up with the with all the protection necessary to provide for this customer we have gyms open up we have schools that are open we have restaurants that are open America's being screwed a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Please save us from our elected leaders!

Is this a plea to that God you just thanked? If so, then it looks as if you believe that God should control our government instead of the citizens who elected those leaders.

Congratulations on the most Moronic response of the day. It was so idiotic that it beggars belief.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Let's be realistic.

This isn't some big conspiracy. The government isn't that smart and isn't that organized.

The brutal truth of the matter is that the American left isn't psychologically equipped to cope with events like this. They have a blame a culture where everything is always somebody else's fault. They want to go out and live their hedonistic lifestyles and when they get covid because they showed no restraint and went to that beach party or that Anti-gun rally and they want to make it the fault of the state that somebody coughed on them.

The only way to protect them from themselves is to lock them down, and unfortunately everybody else gets caught in the crossfire.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

If we call into question the entire structure of free elections, we also need to take into question the whole notion of ''free thought'' as well. Without understanding free thought we can never understand free elections.

But Trump was free to run, he did. He was free to convince enough voters he was a better choice, he did. And because of that, he is now president. Please remember, some of us didn’t like Obama but we didn’t spend 8 years in a temper tantrum. Maybe it’s time to get over it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

In regards to liability, In this case they are members of a gym. It would be pretty easy to have anyone that has a membership, sign a disclaimer releasing liability.

I've learned that this isn't the rock solid protection from lawsuits that people think it is.
You can still get sued even if someone signed something saying they wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Of course he was and
of course he was and did, and
now he is.

But ahh, while I am free to remember that some didn't like Obama (myself included) and while some didn't spend eight years in a temper tantrum, I am also free to remember that there were some, no, many who did.

And Dude, just what is ''getting over it''? Do you just want me to ''get over'' my observations that we have a sitting goofball in the white house? Will you if Biden gets elected?

I"m at the point, actually, have been at the point for a number of years that it doesn't matter who sits in that chair, goofball or fried brains. What matters is that those two have been picked as the best our political system can offer us at this point. AND THAT IS OUR REAL PROBLEM.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Why do you consider that moronic, if not the most moronic.
Did you not see that our OP began his thread with the sentence, ''Oh thank God'' ?
And then edited the original post?

And then ends the post with ''Please save us from our elected leaders! ''

As they are described as '' elected leaders'' could that plea be to who? Those who vote? They are ''elected leaders'' after all so that must by definition be the will of the electorate, therefore, the plea must have been directed somewhere else. So summing up that God was invoked in the first sentence with the thread ending with a plea to some ''unseen force'' I see nothing moronic in that reply at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What made absolutely no sense was to order the shut down and closing of small privately owned businesses and yet people could, and did, pack inside the big box retail stores. Sure, they said they would implement advanced sanitizing and limit the number of customers, but that was pure BS. Small businesses could have just as easily remained open and not risked their customers nearly as much as these stores where EVERYBODY went to. They wanted to throw people out of work and to force small companies out of business. The big box stores swooped in like vultures and made profits. We could have easily spaced out people in churches, had staggered services. Nope, they had to be closed. No rhyme or reason, just arbitrary authoritarian BS.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Yup, almost 5 months into this debacle and no where near the pushback I expected.

When will people protest over this?

Instead we’ve got fake race war protesters.

#endthemadnessnow

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Let's be realistic.

This isn't some big conspiracy. The government isn't that smart and isn't that organized.

The brutal truth of the matter is that the American left isn't psychologically equipped to cope with events like this. They have a blame a culture where everything is always somebody else's fault. They want to go out and live their hedonistic lifestyles and when they get covid because they showed no restraint and went to that beach party or that Anti-gun rally and they want to make it the fault of the state that somebody coughed on them.

The only way to protect them from themselves is to lock them down, and unfortunately everybody else gets caught in the crossfire.

You win this week's internet irony award.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Whats a gym?

Oh a gym?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You didn't say don't punish people for trying to find the way to fund their survival in their business and home. You know what those Gov's are actually causing?

Taking a risk is what you do when you invest in a business to feed your family.

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The lawsuits he is talking about will be against the open business by the customers that get sick.
And you know that sick customers will sue when their loved one dies.

At least that's what it seems like to me from that article.

Personally I say let the companies risk it.
Don't punish anyone for being a customer and don't punish anyone that decides to stay away.
And especially don't punish people who quit the jobs that reopen that they don't think are safe enough.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I read this and I thought I heard BAAAAAA baaaaa!

Sheeple comment that says you are willing to let them stick it to us.

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Let's be realistic.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: blackstar111

Governors and public officials are following the guidelines given to them by the White House and CDC.

Got a link?
edit on 9-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

What made absolutely no sense was to order the shut down and closing of small privately owned businesses and yet people could, and did, pack inside the big box retail stores. Sure, they said they would implement advanced sanitizing and limit the number of customers, but that was pure BS. Small businesses could have just as easily remained open and not risked their customers nearly as much as these stores where EVERYBODY went to. They wanted to throw people out of work and to force small companies out of business. The big box stores swooped in like vultures and made profits. We could have easily spaced out people in churches, had staggered services. Nope, they had to be closed. No rhyme or reason, just arbitrary authoritarian BS.

I've been coming to those same conclusions myself. Small businesses around here have either adapted by adding suggested protective measures and going with the "new normal" or they aren't, the authorities haven't shut down any of the offending businesses in my area.

They all carry the sign, no mask - no business, but some are strict, some won't bother to enforce it on patrons, others blatantly defy it to the point of making it obvious it's because of political reasons.

With some investment in upgrading, or at least with regular inspections and maintenance, the HVAC system could better control the air quality of a smaller shop than a warehouse sized one. UV lights in critical areas and other sanitizing protocols could go above and beyond what is possible with the bigger chains.

They are already controlling the flow of patrons, distancing, using plastic screens at the check outs and upped the cleaning duties (I hope). They could check temperatures of customers if they wanted too and keep a closer eye on things during business hours far more efficiently than the big box stores could.

Small businesses could have been safer then Walmart or what have you if the government gave them some tax breaks and a little help with their COVID safety protocols. Small businesses could have done very well had they been allowed to, even to the point of becoming serious competition to the big chain stores, esp if the big stores were shut down for a while like the smaller ones were.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Of course he was and
of course he was and did, and
now he is.

But ahh, while I am free to remember that some didn't like Obama (myself included) and while some didn't spend eight years in a temper tantrum, I am also free to remember that there were some, no, many who did.

And Dude, just what is ''getting over it''? Do you just want me to ''get over'' my observations that we have a sitting goofball in the white house? Will you if Biden gets elected?

I"m at the point, actually, have been at the point for a number of years that it doesn't matter who sits in that chair, goofball or fried brains. What matters is that those two have been picked as the best our political system can offer us at this point. AND THAT IS OUR REAL PROBLEM.

by "getting over it", I mean accept that Trump is president, and stop throwing little tantrumps about it. If you have an issue with something he does, make a thread. But to interject Trump in every conversation just to bash him gets really old, really quick. And you have been at it a while. I'd say you just need to get behind a better candidate to beat him in the next election, but your party sucks so badly they picked the senile old guy, the one guy who can't beat Trump. Perhaps rather than being angry at Trump for being Trump, you could direct some of your anger and hatred towards the puss balls that can't find a better choice out of 300 million people. Hell, even the idiot they picked limited his choices of a successor to a single gender and race, thus eliminating a whole bunch of otherwise qualified people, because of "feelz". So you had better find a way to GET OVER IT, because it looks like 4 more years is on the way.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I give up. I'm totally done with the selfish stupidity of some. At this point I say let anyone open that wants to. BUT if they choose to, anyone who contracts COVID after visiting said business should be able to sue them with NO corporate or other protection of assets. In other words, if you open your business and i decide to visit it and subsequently contract COVID i can sue the owners for everything: money, house, clothes off their back. Everything. If they're SO sure there's no risk then they have nothing to fear.

edit on 9-8-2020 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2020 by jtma508 because: typos

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I give up. I'm totally done with the selfish stupidity of some. At this point I say let anyone open that wants to. BUT if they choose to, anyone who contracts COVID after visiting said business should be able to sue them with NO corporate or other protection of assets. In other words, if you open your business and i decide to visit it and subsequently contract COVID i can sue the owners for everything: money, house, clothes off their back. Everything. If they're SO sure there's no risk then they have nothing to fear.

LOL That's just silly. You, your self, obviously feel it's a risk so you have only your self to blame if you go into said business and catch it.

Here's the deal, you know there is a virus out there right? You take on the risk your self when you decide to go out into public. when you decide to go into a store, you also take on that risk.

It's like youre trying to sue mcdonalds because your hot coffee was hot or something lol

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Dude, for as along as you and I have been relying to one another haven't you learned yet that the Democrat Party is not my F*$*%&(*(hj8ING party????..The FACT that you still consider it so colors everything I put to you in our conversations. So one more time, I registered D in this last election to vote against Clinton in the primaries after having been a registered R for 36 years. It's YOU who needs to get over what ever the hell it is that is stuck in your brain telling you I am a Democrat.

I'm a moderate and as I see it (here I go again) especially in the last 4 years, the conservative side of our political issues have been drug so far into Trumpianism that it has lost all sense of proportion(just like the far left) so that any opposition to ''The Man'' Mr. Potus HImself, is now seen as liberal.

And yes, I certainly do inject his name into any number of threads. Simply because he himself and all of his devout supporters HAVE MADE HIM THE CENTER of everything so please don't keep whining at ME because I make comment about the central cog of this whole site.

Perhaps rather than being angry at Trump for being Trump, you could direct some of your anger and hatred towards the puss balls that can't find a better choice out of 300 million people

For crapsake, don't you even read the posts I make to you? Here, from that last post

What matters is that those two have been picked as the best our political system can offer us at this point. AND THAT IS OUR REAL PROBLEM.

And I know that if you have read any of my other posts about Biden you will not have seen any good words about him.

Not one, other than Trump is worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

You clearly don’t own a business.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join