It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason our Governors are Keeping us Locked Down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Maricopa County Supreme Court Judge rules that gyms and other small businesses must be given the right to reopen within one week.

Arizona gyms must get opportunity to show they can safely reopen, judge rules in rebuke of Ducey

www.azcentral.com...

Arizona gyms must be given a chance to reopen within a week, a Maricopa County Superior Court judge ruled on Tuesday, marking the first time during the pandemic that Gov. Doug Ducey has faced a rebuke of his actions to fight the coronavirus.

The court previously found that a short shutdown might not implicate a protected property interest," he wrote in his order. "At the same time, it is evident that the government forcing a business to shut down indefinitely, to the point where it might not be able to survive, implicates a property interest."

No sheet Sherlock. Yeah, a short shutdown is doable. But indefinitely shutting down businesses will only ensure its demise.

But wait, Ducey ain’t having that. He’s appealed the ruling and this is his reasoning:

Ducey is arguing that Thomason’s order opens the state up to other lawsuits that would hamper efforts to deal with the coronavirus pandemic

As it should. Our elected leaders need to be held accountable by the very people that they govern.

Now, to the real meat. And the purpose of this thread. This was the statement issued by Ducey:

If this Ruling is allowed to stand, its erroneous legal conclusion will open the floodgates to additional lawsuits against the Governor’s COVID-related executive orders, and down the road during other emergency situations, which will hamper the Governor’s ability to focus on the pressing battle against the pandemic,”

ktar.com...

Notice what he says there?. “Down the road during other emergency situations”

So the road is being paved. The road that only leads to the permanent loss of our freedoms and the destruction of the middle class.

All these draconian executive orders are here to stay. They have no intention of loosening their grasp on you and what used to be your freedom.

It’s not hard to read between the lines. They don’t even make you have to try. Power and control must be maintained in the present, to ensure its victorious dystopian future.

Please save us from our elected leaders!

Queue the fear mongers now....
edit on 7-8-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Is this a plea to that God you just thanked? If so, then it looks as if you believe that God should control our government instead of the citizens who elected those leaders.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What pandemic?

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Is this a plea to that God you just thanked? If so, then it looks as if you believe that God should control our government instead of the citizens who elected those leaders.

I think it's a plea to voters to stop voting for idiots. But you can see it any way that makes you smile.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I edited my post. Gods obviously got nothing to do with this.

As far as citizens controlling the government— all I got is LOL!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I see that Dude, however it was our OP that invoked God at the top of the thread, yes?

However, yes, maybe a plea for voters to elect better representatives. Maybe like those of us who think that Trump should never have been voted in as the Republican candidate huh? Opps, I brought Trump into another thread I guess.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Maybe like those of us who think that Trump should never have been voted in as the Republican candidate huh? Opps, I brought Trump into another thread I guess.

So we’d be better off with Killary running the show right now?

You just made me laugh for the second time.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Yes , I see your edit. And to the question of citizens controlling the government and your scoffing at that notion, then I wonder at how we think we could take it back into our control.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

it's ironic how they're pushing it the hardest in the land of the free.

America, say hello to 1984.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

One day soon God will rule the world,He has always
owned it and created it!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Did I mention Clinton? Did I say she was better than Trump? No, I did not because all that would have done would have been to elicit ''he's better than Clinton'' replies. No, I said ''Maybe like those of us who think that Trump should never have been voted in as the Republican candidate''

If we call into question the entire structure of free elections, we also need to take into question the whole notion of ''free thought'' as well. Without understanding free thought we can never understand free elections.

What we have now from my small example of free thinking is large groups of people who think that they have free thought only in the context of ''all those others who see things differently '' to not have free thought but indeed are all either sleepers or brainwashed masses. Oh, no, not me, not us. We can see things clearly, all those others are just dummies.

Liberal and conservative alike both point fingers at the others who are not as smart, not as wise, not as conscious, not as much free thinking individuals as those of us who are. Bosh on that.

We are all products of the sweeping scope of history which right now seems to be culminating all around us while we choose which side of the cliff might offer hope. And neither Trump on one side or Clinton-Biden on the other is anything other than fruitless hope.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Did I mention Clinton? Did I say she was better than Trump? No, I did not because all that would have done would have been to elicit ''he's better than Clinton'' replies. No, I said ''Maybe like those of us who think that Trump should never have been voted in as the Republican candidate''

If we call into question the entire structure of free elections, we also need to take into question the whole notion of ''free thought'' as well. Without understanding free thought we can never understand free elections.

What we have now from my small example of free thinking is large groups of people who think that they have free thought only in the context of ''all those others who see things differently '' to not have free thought but indeed are all either sleepers or brainwashed masses. Oh, no, not me, not us. We can see things clearly, all those others are just dummies.

Liberal and conservative alike both point fingers at the others who are not as smart, not as wise, not as conscious, not as much free thinking individuals as those of us who are. Bosh on that.

We are all products of the sweeping scope of history which right now seems to be culminating all around us while we choose which side of the cliff might offer hope. And neither Trump on one side or Clinton-Biden on the other is anything other than fruitless hope.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

One day soon God will rule the world,He has always
owned it and created it!

Said the man who lived in 999AD.
And and and and and and. All those years, all those predictions, all those reliable interpretations of what the Bible was ''REALLY'' saying.

Other than the ''one day soon'' I kind of agree, though thinking in that vein leaves open the huge freekin question of just why God has allowed such a demented landlord to collect the rent for so long. Ages and ages we tenants have been hoping for the owner to come and visit and kick that landlord out. So with out going into all of the ''here;s why God has allowed this'' type of theosophical arguments in I will just say that there is something else that we are missing here and it's not just one more interpretation of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I understand. But this is a shoulda coulda woulda.

We were given two options. The lesser of the two evils won.

BTW, this is my first thread in the pit. I think all politicians are grade A a$$holes.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Your first thread in mud pit? Sometimes I would start
a thread in mud pit and go to bed.I would wake up the
next day,log on and see where the kiddies took my thread.
Like feeding time at the lions' cages,throw in a bone and
run.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
What pandemic?

Arizona's number of Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are quickly DROPPING, just like they did in the "early" states who experienced the Covid-19 wave first.

See the Arizona Graphs: covidtracking.com...

The DAMAGE caused by Covid-19 is from Governors ruining lives and businesses with their over-reaction to this relatively minor virus.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Arizona's number of Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are quickly DROPPING, just like they did in the "early" states who experienced the Covid-19 wave first.

But, but, but the media says 4,081 people have died from serious pre existing medical conditions (Ahem Covid-1984). You know out of a population of 7,279,000 people — a whopping .0005%.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The lawsuits he is talking about will be against the open business by the customers that get sick.
And you know that sick customers will sue when their loved one dies.

At least that's what it seems like to me from that article.

Personally I say let the companies risk it.
Don't punish anyone for being a customer and don't punish anyone that decides to stay away.
And especially don't punish people who quit the jobs that reopen that they don't think are safe enough.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Do you really believe Ducey cares about small businesses getting sued?

In regards to liability, In this case they are members of a gym. It would be pretty easy to have anyone that has a membership, sign a disclaimer releasing liability.

You could even do this at bars and movie theaters. Have everyone sign when they enter.

I’d sign them to get back to some type of normalcy.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Governors and public officials are following the guidelines given to them by the White House and CDC.
edit on 8-8-2020 by blackstar111 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join