It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Docu filmmaker Steven Greenstreet relates his fascinating & believable Black Triangle UFO story

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
A few days ago, I intended to just lurk on ATS as the curtain slowly closes on such an excellent repository for UFO cases and commentary - the original heart beating at the centre of ATS. However, I thought I'd bow out with a final thread that encompasses one of the major reasons I joined in August 2018, almost exactly two years ago. I won't bore folks to death again with my wife's Black Triangle experience as a teen (related in my 2018 intro thread), but my fascination with the BT phenomenon will probably never go away as a result, and Steven Greenstreet's account acts as a nice closing footnote in terms of a distinctly believable account of what it feels like to witness such an object.

You might be thinking, "Well, who the hell is Steven Greenstreet, and why should I care, dude?"

Well, the acclaimed documentary filmmaker was not previously known for his UFO work until an online show still currently running called 'The Basement Office' was thrust onto YouTube via the New York Post channel. I wasn't particularly interested in the show - it seemed a (admittedly useful) rehash of well-known UFO cases, often accompanied in the studio by the UK researcher Nick Pope who is not to everybody's taste. Greenstreet himself is a curiously interesting host, slightly awkward in his presentation but certainly not coming across as someone who would swallow a story whole without questioning - holding his hands to his head in frustration at the far-fetched nature of some cases is a common sight. A quirky, likeable, unusual chap, and clearly a smart bunny.

Back in June 2019, I completely ignored a particular episode where he related his personal experience from 2003 to Pope, somewhat reluctantly. Watching it yesterday, I found it to be an unexpectedly enthralling account, tinged with an aura of genuine awe mixed with a healthy dose of initial slight scepticism, but his overall conclusion was that it was something he could not explain.

You may find it as fascinating as I did, perhaps especially if you have a deep interest in the controversial 1997 Phoenix Lights case, which his object almost exactly resembles, including the most unusual side aspect of no sound whatsoever. At least Nick Pope had enough integrity here to NOT show the ubiquitous footage of the flare-drop from the latter part of that 1997 evening, rather he showed the only available footage of the earlier event - which sadly isn't very impressive. Moreover, Greenstreet's sighting mirrors many personal accounts by Phoenix witnesses in terms of its shape, if not necessarily size.

However, Greenstreet is not trying to justify Phoenix; in fact, it's not the thrust of his story at all, rather this was an extremely PERSONAL sighting from 2003 that took him a long time to relate publicly. I think many of you will appreciate it.

Roll the film...

I'll also take this opportunity to wish every ATSer all the best for the future in a very changed world.

Keep Watching The Skies.

edit on 7-8-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Good find!

A very interesting story and his description is correct when you see one. You're thinking, what is this.

For years, people on ATS and other threads have said we need to take Ufology seriously because extraterrestrial visitation is the most likely explanation for the U.F.O.'s that have been recorded by humans since we could draw on cave walls.

It's good to see this day is finally here.

I was watching that video of Muhammad Ali talking about U.F.O.'s and everyone laughed. Switch to today and now the "mainstream" is taking it seriously. It's in the NY Times, NY Post, the Pentagon releasing videos, Defense Department, Trump, Congress, Scientific American and more.

The debate is not just about the existence of extraterrestrials but extraterrestrial visitation.

Starred&Flagged!

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Interesting story. I can relate to them calling it a personal experience, as a reasoning for not reporting the sighting. It has been said that you're not able to see it unless you are in some way attuned to it, for whatever reason. I find that intriguing.

As you mention that BTs are an interest to you, I'd like to recommend a couple of threads to you in case you haven't come across them yet. They relate to the topic you're interested in, but it takes some twists and turns that makes it difficult to predict how you will respond to it. Some facets to the story are simply too fantastical.

Weird California sighting

astr0, Black Triangles, abductions and the Forever Men of ATS

Recommend starting with the Weird California sighting. It's a hefty read, but well worth it.

You've probably come across these threads already. But it feels like we're kinda living on borrowed time; so it's now or never

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Saw a black triangle ufo back in 97 moving incredibly slow about 100 ft over powerlines on highway 95 at around 2am. Took pics but it was with one of those old disposable cameras. Only one pic can you make out the outline and three points of light at the three corners of the triangle.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Triangles are a hot topic in ufology at the moment. The tv series " Unidentified" on History Channel had a good episode about them, two episodes back as I recall. If you can access that I would recommend.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It does sound a bit like Phoenix Lights, but the famous newspaper clipping of that shows a V-shaped object, not a triangle. And so too with Steven Greenstreet, it's also a V-shaped object. In fact he goes out of his way to describe how it's NOT a triangle because he could see through the middle. Did he describe it as a triangle anywhere in the interview? Not that I can remember. The caption in this Phoenix Lights drawing also doesn't call it a triangle, it's referred to as a "V-shaped" object which seems a much more accurate description than "triangle":

When someone says "triangle UFO", I think of the hoaxed photo of the Belgian triangle UFO which actually was a triangle.

Too bad there's no imagery of Greenstreet's UFO, but someone did manage to take a low-quality video of the Phoenix Lights V-shaped craft, and Mitch Stanley got probably the best look at it of anybody in the area, through his telescope. So, from that video and telescopic evidence we learned what apparently nobody wants to admit except scientists. We all tend to place a lot more confidence in our brain's ability to interpret confusing things than the evidence justifies. It's interesting in Greenstreet's video that he describes in detail how confused he was during the sighting when his brain was trying to make sense out of something that didn't seem to make sense from his experience.

We also have cases like the Yukon case where the 30+ eyewitnesses all were way off in estimating the distance to the UFO. Greenstreet thinks he can estimate the distance to the UFO as less than 1000 feet apparently because he thinks the clouds were at 1000 feet, but how does he know the clouds were at 1000 feet? I can't say I have much confidence in his distance estimate of the clouds either, but this is because I've studied so enough UFO reports to know that distance estimates of UFOs are generally unreliable.

Other aspects of witness sightings seem to be more reliable, like people reporting 5 lights in the Phoenix lights case. A few people reported 6 lights. The Phoenix lights video only shows 5 lights, but it can't rule out a 6th light if one light is in front of another. So while I have little confidence in Greenstreet's distance estimates (or the distance estimates of most UFO observers), the number of lights is probably more reliable, and his drawing shows more lights than in the Phoenix lights event.

So it's a cool story, but brings us no closer to solving the mystery that's been going on for 73 years. We do have cases that bring us closer to solving the mystery, like the Yukon mothership, but the UFO community seems to want to ignore all the lessons learned from that and similar cases, which I would say are particularly applicable to Greenstreet's UFO, like the brain's ability to "connect the dots" when observing multiple lights, even if the lights aren't actually connected. So were the lights really connected? Or did Greenstreet's brain connect unconnected lights as has happened in so many other well-documented eyewitness cases?

I'll also take this opportunity to wish every ATSer all the best for the future in a very changed world.
Best wishes to you too, CB, it's been a pleasure reading your posts and threads on ATS.

edit on 202087 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

That was a good episode very informative. The quality of recent shows around U.F.O.' s have gone up.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I liked it as well. Very much looking forward to the show tomorrow night on U.S. Airline Pilots who have seen ufo's too. One has a pic evidence.
edit on 07pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Is that Nick Pope's office?
If so...now I see that interlocked bunch of triangles the RKer is talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I intended to just lurk on ATS as the curtain slowly closes on such an excellent repository for UFO cases and commentary - the original heart beating at the centre of ATS

I guess I am that last person to know, are the behind the scenes talks not doing well? It seems like this site could be migrated to something fairly cheap...

Whats your opinion on the Belgium wave, specifically the Eupan siting that started it with sighting by various offices in different locations. - link1 ,link2

Besides Travis Walton, what other cases still make you wonder?

Cases Recommended by various writers/investigators, compiled by Isaackoi

Some of my favorites

Levelland 57 - Several motorist encounter a glowing sphere that stops their motor, police try to locate the object and also see it.
New Guinea 58 - Father Gill and others wave at the aliens
Westall 66. Daylight sighting of a drone like craft that levitates up on a school campus.
Ravenna 66 - Several police chase ufo through 2 states
Minot AFB B-52 incident 68 - radar confirmation case
Colares 1977 - UFOs burning residents
Tehran 1977 - UFO engaged by Iranian F-4s.
Portugal 1982 - Pilot has extended daylight UFO encounter, confirmed by 2nd airplane.

Macenroe82 recently recommended Falcon Lake.
edit on 9-8-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join