It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's go burn down a Waffle House, Target and Hobby Lobby for Ryan Whitaker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

If Ryan Whitaker got into a confrontation with black officers over something in public, didn't have a gun, and was suffocated or shot while resisting arrest, there'd be a token collective outrage.

I don't agree. If your scenario had happened it wouldn't even have made the local evening news. Facebook etc would ban footage as too violent and it would have been buried.

As BLM has so graciously taught us, the ONLY lives that matter are black people who are killed by white police. That's it, not even the 40 black children killed in the summer of love in Chicago matter because their killings don't fit the narrative and the mission behind the protests/riots.

edit on 8/7/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant
a reply to: matafuchs

This was NOT a justified shooting. Should he have answered with the gun, no, but you can clearly see in the video he was not aggressive as we saw Mr Floyd in his video. You hear his voice when he realizes it was the police.

You said it. He should not have been shot.

Can we not leave it at that? Why in the world would you bring all that other BS in to it?

I seriously can not believe how far some have fallen for the sake of politics. It is absolutely disgusting.

It is sarcasm to show the insanity of the politically motivated protests/rioting/looting
which declares the only lives that matter in the US are black people killed by white police

Not even the 1200+ black people shot and killed this summer of love in major cities matter because they were not killed by white police and don't fit the narrative and the mission of the protests and protestors.

This is how insane things have become supported by a political party that voted to endorse the organization that says ONLY black people killed by white police have lives that matter.

It is insane, totally insane and I get the sarcastic OP

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Spider879

As I said before in many similar post they started honing their brutally among Blk and Brown folks before transferring their brutality to poor folks and ultimately middle class white folks.

This here, is part of the problem. Do you really believe this? Who taught you this? It is a sad outlook man...

History.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So not unarmed, innocent, or running away...

Cops announced themselves, someone called because they heard physical violence, not simply because Ryan was jogging

No one should die like that. But there’s a glaring difference in context in what the op is trying to insinuate
edit on 7-8-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
George Floyd was a police brutality issue, not a race issue. This incident is about..hell, i dunno, scared cops? I guess the guy should of not had his gun behind his back. I doubt he deserved to be shot though.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

But was George Floyd brutality now that the full video has been released and we know he was on enough Fentanyl to kill a moose? My view on that has changed drastically but it will never be changed here. He was murdered. This is as bad as the kid that was shot in the hallway on his back crying.

This is police brutality. This is worse than Floyd. Floyd argued with police for almost 20 minutes.

Again, we can arm chair about what we would have done but in the end the guy answering the door, the more I watch the video, was doing what anyone could do.

Also, if you watch the full video there was an incident recently where people were knocking on the door late at night. He did not appear in the doorway with it drawn.

No one should be shot in the doorway of their home like this. No one.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
George Floyd was a police brutality issue, not a race issue. This incident is about..hell, i dunno, scared cops? I guess the guy should of not had his gun behind his back. I doubt he deserved to be shot though.

You're correct It's not a "" race issue " it's a brutal cop issue, as the folks involved in his murder they are Black, white And Asian, the Protesters / pissed off rioters ,are equally Blacks, Whites , Asians and Latin X..and pls the Cops were at no time scared.

Listen a dude recently pulled an Ak and fired on a bunch of cops because he got offended when asked to wear a mask, yet taken alive and still breathing free air...there has gotta be a thread on that incident here already... If it meant anything to anyone the shooter was white...Where is The #All Lives Matter crew.
edit on 7-8-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If I lived in the neighborhood on the video I would answer the door with a weapon as well. The man had a right to answer the door with a weapon as well. The officer knew he was wrong and should pay the price for doing something so terrible. Doesn't matter if the man had done something illegal that is for the court to determine. The man was complying and clearly demonstrated he was aware that the officers were aware of the gun.

Police departments need more funding and better training. Lawyers attend school and pass exams to practice law. Police attend 1 to 6 months of training to enforce the law. I fail to see how an Officer can effectively enforce something it takes years for a lawyer to be deemed worthy to practice it.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But was George Floyd brutality now that the full video has been released and we know he was on enough Fentanyl to kill a moose?

Yes, you don't get to lean on a person's neck for 8 and 1/2 minutes until he dies.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

If Ryan Whitaker got into a confrontation with black officers over something in public, didn't have a gun, and was suffocated or shot while resisting arrest, there'd be a token collective outrage.

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Drugs killed Floyd not the police....unless you are his families lawyer....

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Drugs killed Floyd not the police....unless you are his families lawyer....

I guess the medical examiner is also his attorney since he listed the cause of death to heart failure due the asphyxiation.

Everyone is obviously in on it, trying to frame poor helpless scumbag Derek.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

George Floyds family and his lawyers deserve nothing. His funeral. Sick and a waste. The money should be used to rebuild the inner cities that produce kids like Floyd who grow up to rob people and OD. Kids of every color. There are more poor white people in America than there are black people in total so this privilege stuff is garbage too.

You vilify a police officer who did nothing wrong. Sitting on the neck of a perp is not illegal. If the junkie happens to die while in custody tough titties.

A ME hired by a lawyer will give the results a lawyer wants and you know it.

Let's not get away from the fact though that NOTHING was said about the man in the OP who was killed days before Floyd. A white man. In his own home. Breanna comes to mind here but since she is black only her life matters.

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-07T17:51:40-05:000540 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
How about, just maybe, one could conclude that BOTH murders were unjustified

It is not ok to have a knee on a a persons neck longer than it takes to handcuff and remove all threats, it’s called de-escalation.

if one could try to say it’s not “illegal” for the cop to sit on a guys neck what about the morality of the begging of the human being on the ground. Are police officer not taught ethics and genera human decency? Don’t hide behind words in law when everyone knows it was compassionless what was done.

The white guy possibly did not hear them identify themselves, why are they not in front of the door, ok he comes to the door with a gun not pointed at anyone...

So the cop is now justified in pulling out his gun and demanding compliance like get down drop the weapon

The man did those things without even being told, if he had turned the gun towards the cop it’s justified

But he absolutely did not do that, both kills are disturbing

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But was George Floyd brutality now that the full video has been released and we know he was on enough Fentanyl to kill a moose? My view on that has changed drastically but it will never be changed here. He was murdered. This is as bad as the kid that was shot in the hallway on his back crying.

This is police brutality. This is worse than Floyd. Floyd argued with police for almost 20 minutes.

Again, we can arm chair about what we would have done but in the end the guy answering the door, the more I watch the video, was doing what anyone could do.

Also, if you watch the full video there was an incident recently where people were knocking on the door late at night. He did not appear in the doorway with it drawn.

No one should be shot in the doorway of their home like this. No one.

Nothing makes kneeling into his neck for 9 minutes ok, several of those minutes when he was non responsive, while observers pleaded to let up.. End of discussion.

I agree with you about this one, those cops should be fired..right out of a cannon!
edit on 7-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It is not about ok. It is an opinion. 1000's of people are year, who are not hopped up on drugs, go through the same thing. No one else died. Except this guy who was simply using his constitutional right to bear arms who opened the door to his house and was gunned down in cold blood. No other way to see it.

Where is his gold casket and eulogy from Obama?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It is not about ok. It is an opinion. 1000's of people are year, who are not hopped up on drugs, go through the same thing. No one else died. Except this guy who was simply using his constitutional right to bear arms who opened the door to his house and was gunned down in cold blood. No other way to see it.

Where is his gold casket and eulogy from Obama?

No, I doubt very much thousands of people a year have officer douchbag kneel on their neck for 9 minutes, the only other instance of it I know..that guy died too, in Texas? no charges for those scumbags. Obviously cops do chokes, maybe kneel on a neck, but not for 9 minutes, with 3 or more minutes after the suspect is non responsive. Not only that, he was under control, that sh#t could of ended at minute 2.

As for the dead guy in your OP..I agree 100% what happened to this guy was wrong, and heads should roll.

Obama? not a fan, for the most part, also, I'm not interested in making this political.

edit on 7-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You're correct It's not a "" race issue " it's a brutal cop issue, as the folks involved in his murder they are Black, white And Asian, the Protesters / pissed off rioters ,are equally Blacks, Whites , Asians and Latin X..and pls the Cops were at no time scared.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not saying the Floyd cops were scared, the cops in the OP I believe were scared.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
a reply to: ADUB77

Maybe just don't come to the door with your shirt off brandishing a gun in the first place with the cops at the door? Play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

Define "brandishing" clearly that is not the case here.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The political part was not a jab at you but at the establishment.

Yes, there are plenty each year it happens too. I have been the victim of police brutality about 20 years ago. Broke my nose, bruised ribs and retinal damage that sent me to the hospital. Lied about what happened. Almost died in the back of a police car with no circulating air and pepper spayed and cuffed while they laughed at me. An EMT pleaded to open the door or i would be dead. Threatened my in the car on the ride to the hospital. I know what bad cops are.

My crime. Calling 911 because i came home to my girlfriend OD'd. Her brother was killed in an accident days earlier. They had their knee in my neck for over 5 minutes. Yelling. Beating the # out of me. Pepper sprayed. The entire time yelling do not resist. It was one of the worse thing to ever happen to me.

Their reason on the ride to the hospital. "We just both got back from vacation and since you are a big guy we knew we could make a story." I grew up in this town and they were veterans of the force. I have experienced this so don't tell me i do not understand the fear.

However, I do not teach my kids to disrespect cops. Hate cops. Hate anyone. I didn't ask for anything. When I called SPPD IA these two and their friends would park on my street just to let them know they knew. Charges against them were dropped. They got away with what they did.

There are bad people everywhere. Doctors. Lawyers. Cooks. Bartenders. Uber Drivers. It is not just one group of people.

When I see this I think of how close I was for NO reason to being a statistic NO one would care about because my life, as a white kid, does not matter to the likes of you and others.
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-07T21:35:35-05:000935 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join