It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive sentence or not?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: RazorV66

The POTUS has the power to pardon. It'd be a PR victory for him and also justice because he's served his time for the crime.

He hasn’t served his time at all

‘Life’ was the sentence

And the President doesn’t need a PR victory

Can't wait till your President exit the White House and into a proper Court Rm to be tried for all his alleged crimes, Southern District is waiting and they ain't playing..

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

The POTUS has the power to pardon. It'd be a PR victory for him and also justice because he's served his time for the crime.

‘Life’ was the sentence

Can't wait till your President exit the White House and into a proper Court Rm to be tried for all his alleged crimes, Southern District is waiting and they ain't playing..

please list a few of these crimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

‘Life’ was the sentence

Nope! Southern is compiling the list, wait a couple o month...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

“Arrested at 38, Mr. Bryant has already spent nearly 23 years in prison and is now over 60 years old.

Only people who have taken a life deserve that kind of treatment , yes the sentence and denial of parole after 23 years is excessive and shameful too I think.

Hopefully media coverage will highlight the wrong and help gain the man his freedom on licence , good job Fox.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Prison labor is much cheaper than illegal migrant labor. With prisoners the wages pretty much stay in-house so to speak. Undocumented workers usually send the funds elsewhere, therefore providing minimal impact on US economy.

Both groups are giving away their workers rights. They become more like indentured servants. Prisoners get shafted more than illegals. Either group has little recourse and they are essentially agreeing to the T&C. Willingly.

Its the perfect business model, as long as you don't care about the moral and legal implications. But you know, pimping ain't easy.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is kind of like when you hear about a guy that has five drunk driving convictions.
How do you deal with a person that hasn't figured it out on their 4th try?

At some point, you would hope that they would understand that whatever they are doing is wrong and maybe they shouldn't do that very same thing again.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

‘Life’ was the sentence

Nope! Southern is compiling the list, wait a couple o month...

LOL
In a couple o months, he will be elected for his 2nd term.
You better start screaming at the sky now to get a head start.
Delusional.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

Prison labor is much cheaper than illegal migrant labor. With prisoners the wages pretty much stay in-house so to speak. Undocumented workers usually send the funds elsewhere, therefore providing minimal impact on US economy.

Meaning Slave!! of the prison industrial complex, genesis post reconstruction era...yup I went there.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I take it the 3 strike rule applied?

But to send a Man down, for the rest of his natural life, for choring a set of hedge clippers, just does not sit right in my stomach.

More people in prison per head that any other nation on the planet.

1st world nation my arse.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Then you have Charlie Manson who is living it up on a death penalty because before a timely execution could happen, California declared it “Cruel and Unusual” and saved him permanently.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Statute of Limitations is generally seven years on quite a number of crimes. A second term would be a total of eight years removed from last minute crimes...so better get the list out.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Then you have Charlie Manson who is living it up on a death penalty because before a timely execution could happen, California declared it “Cruel and Unusual” and saved him permanently.

Personally, I have mixed feelings on the DP, I really think it only deters the guy you're executing. People like to say it's a deterent, but we know better.

Innocent people have been put to death..quite a few actually(can't take that back) At the same time, I think some people deserve a dirt nap.

Charlie is an interesting case, as he didn't kill anyone personally, his cohorts should of got the dirt nap for sure. Even if his DP sentence was not commuted, I think it would of been the same costly battles for 10-15 years

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The sole judge that thought he should be paroled is a Black woman. Everyone else on the LA Supreme Court is a white male.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The sole judge that thought he should be paroled is a Black woman. Everyone else on the LA Supreme Court is a white male.

You are right I stand corrected, add the race back into the mix

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Thats the mentality of your typical right wing American isn’t it?

Even mention the idea of a few of their tax dollars going towards healthcare to those in need and they’ll lose there mind... but spending endless millions of tax payers dollars locking people up for the most benign offences you could possibly think of, just some how obviously makes perfect sense.

A "violent offense" is hardly benign.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

‘Life’ was the sentence

Sure sure

They’ve got four more years of waiting

Can you name ONE of his alleged crimes?
edit on 7 8 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The electric chair didn’t even deter its inventor, or so the story goes.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

zero tolerance. It removes the need to be a thinking person, and you just do what you are told.

I'm not a fan.

Except it’s not zero tolerance, is it? Are you telling me there aren’t any multiple rapers (RAPERS, that’s right, NOT RAPPERS, before AugustusMasonicus comes in and makes a joke comment) walking around free after serving like 5 years in that state? Or any state?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Was he sentenced under Bill Clinton's three strike law? Put into effect in 1994. Uncle Joe sponsored the bill when he was a senator.

Oh but according to one of our posters in this thread, this guy being in prison for his whole life is Republicans’ fault.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

The electric chair didn’t even deter its inventor, or so the story goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join