It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY AG files to dissolve the NRA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Meh....I own guns, didn't need the NRA to buy them or use them after. Couldn't really care less.

Same. They've done nothing for me as a gun owner, they're more a benefit to gun manufacturers via lobbying. If these allegations are true it just proves what many of us have known for some time.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Meh....I own guns, didn't need the NRA to buy them or use them after. Couldn't really care less.

I'm not afraid of the government coming for my guns. It's a talking point to score points. It's simply not feasible to pull off in the US.

If you like "concealed carry" instructors and rifle ranges who only have insurance due to the NRA umbrella, you may want to keep the NRA around.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm not afraid of the government coming for my guns.

You should be.

Red flag laws to firearms being seized being used to defend themselves from BLM and Antifa.

A political hack from NY abusing their authority to get rid of a lobby group is just more proof.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They have done more for you than you know. www.ammoland.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

(Reuters) - New York state’s attorney general sued to dissolve the National Rifle Association on Thursday, alleging senior leaders of the non-profit group diverted millions of dollars for personal use and to buy the silence and loyalty of former employees.

So the question that needs to be asked.

Why are they suing instead of filing legal charges?

Not only suing but for a predetermined judgement that AGS have no legal authorization for.

It's a bull snip suit.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Corrupt organizations in New York the list is a mile long let's start with the United Nations. Not to mention you charge the persons that are guilty. Regardless it's nothing but a power play, sure disband the NRA but it sets a dangerous precedent as I am sure a smart attorney could argue the New York city government is corrupt

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Regardless it's nothing but a power play, sure disband the NRA but it sets a dangerous precedent as I am sure a smart attorney could argue the New York city government is corrupt

Sure does.

We can get rid of BLM and Antifa.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The NRA has been a joke since the Brady bill.
The bigger problem here is the government granting themselves the power to end businesses.
This sh!t needs chopped off at the knees.
Massive corporations making record profits while closing small businesses.
The same gd corporations openly funding riots.
It's time for a collective douching of politicians and corporations, or we just need to dissolve the entire government.
They sure as hell don't represent us.

It's getting pretty sickening.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Posted this in the other thread:

A good deal of people here who are Second Amendment advocates also know the NRA is a corrupt organization that only cares about using member's dues to lobby for the benefit of firearms manufacturers.

Lapierre is a piece of garbage and should end up in prison if these gross malfeasances are true which I suspect they are.

Damn straight.

I pretty well detest the NRA as a 2A advocate. This highlights why.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Corrupt organizations in New York the list is a mile long let's start with the United Nations. Not to mention you charge the persons that are guilty. Regardless it's nothing but a power play, sure disband the NRA but it sets a dangerous precedent as I am sure a smart attorney could argue the New York city government is corrupt

Did the NY AG ever solve the case of the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars that went missing under Bill de Blasio's wife's ThriveNYC initiative? That was a big stink for a while, then nothing...

Bill De Blasio’s Wife and The Case of the Missing $850 Million in Taxpayer Money

Chirlane McCray, Bill de Blasio's wife, is knee-deep in it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Same. They've done nothing for me as a gun owner, they're more a benefit to gun manufacturers via lobbying. If these allegations are true it just proves what many of us have known for some time.

What they're accused of is literally crap every nonprofit does, but the driving force to hit the NRA for it is politically driven. When an AG permits politics to drive their actions, THEY are the POS moreso than their target ever can be and THEY are abusing their position for political and personal gain.

"Beneficial to gun manufacturing" uh, yeah... if not for the NRA, gun manufacturers would have been made liable for gun deaths, which would have lead to an end of gun manufacturers... unless you own a goddamn exquisite machine shop and possess a Class 3 license, you are sort of up # creek trying to exercise your 2nd Amendment RIGHT once the manufacturers are shut down, ya? It could be argued that those fighting to end prohibition did so with the financial interests of breweries and distilleries in mind, as well as bars... the reason for that is money talks, bull# walks. If buying Wayne LaPierre a free zoot suit and a ticket to the islands once a year is the price of blocking asshats in America's liberal urban #holes from destroying the 2nd Amendment, then get that man to a tailor and someone please fetch him his sunblock and a mojito ASAP.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't feel like rereading the last page, neo. What clueless dumbass posted that quote?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

(Reuters) - New York state’s attorney general sued to dissolve the National Rifle Association on Thursday, alleging senior leaders of the non-profit group diverted millions of dollars for personal use and to buy the silence and loyalty of former employees.

They're suing 2 months prior to the election in an obvious attempt to constrict the NRA's cash outfalls that would go towards campaigning. The AG is probably hoping the NRA will get spooked and direct most of their funds towards legal defense, considering lawsuits move forward in the courts a lot quicker than criminal trials do.

The AG is kidding herself if she believes the NRA won't turn this into a massive fundraising increase and, in all liklyhood, springboard it into spending even more money campaigning down the stretch. As has long been the case, Democrats and liberal idiots are the nation's best firearm salesmen and pro-2nd Amendment fundraisers.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They were politicized the second it became an elected position...in 1847.

Literally.

Why is it a problem now?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What they're accused of is literally crap every nonprofit does...

Then prosecute that whataboutism too.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
What they're accused of is literally crap every nonprofit does...

Then prosecute that whataboutism too.

You and I both know that's not going to happen, so why should anyone who benefits from the NRA's stated mission self immolate and support the selective attack on the NRA?

I mean it, man. We've played this stupid ass game far too long, with part of the country trying to maintain a moral path, avoid hypocrisy, and do things the "right way" while the rest of the country unfailingly takes the most self-serving path they can find and, frankly, those taking the self-serving paths are winning. Hell, they've won... I am now of the belief that "by any means necessary" is the only pathway that will ensure survival of the American Dream and American Freedoms. The high road may come with morality points, but those aren't really worth a goddamn thing when you lose the war and your way of life lays raped and bleeding at your feet thanks to the unwashed masses of asshats presently dictating policies around the country.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Oh, look, someone who is actually draining the swamp.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Not only suing but for a predetermined judgement that AGS have no legal authorization for.

It's a bull snip suit.

You won't get that answer from those cheering this on.
Next stop state of Alabama vs ACLU.
This game could get interesting.
Simply sue every lobbiest you don't like.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Oh look the slavers from new zealand have insightful opinions.
How nice.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Was that suppose to be a joke ?

Punishing a lobby group is considered justice instead of the individuals that may or may not have broken the law.

Since there were never any criminal charges filed in the residing state.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join