It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Mayor Garcetti Authorizes City to Shut Off Water and Power to HOMES That Throw Large Parties

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
I do not condone it but I’m actually surprised it hasn’t happened yet. I’m leaning towards right wing nuts having barks louder than their bites.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Dems you can’t defend this behavior.

a reply to: xuenchen

They don't have to. Nobody in the media (on their side) will call them out.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: mysterioustranger

They can control all from the office, not the street. Click a button and there's your meter usage history; click again and your power goes on or off. Try to snap the lock, pull the meter, and bypass? That computer pops up an alert before you can throw it on the ground.

They also have the authority to "jump your fence" and install the damn things... the meters belong to the power companies; they are their property. If they hadn't been able to get to your meter within a certain time, they would have just shut the power off at the pole and charged you for it.

You do NOT want to know how much they charge for a lineman to do that!

TheRedneck

Howdy Red...yep, I know...was trying to keep em from switching? Pfft...did it anyhow..bastards.

The EMR from the box is coming in at my head outside lined level on the other side with me! in bed...yeah...you think you got freedom's???

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well such a policy is a good way to get the people out into the streets.

Irrational policy considering the infection fatality rate for the virus is .03

The virus is here to stay, and the human race will handle it, just as it has many other virus for hundreds of years.

We need to follow Sweden's lead and just learn to live with it.

We were scammed again.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Totally agree this is liberal fascism. It’s extreme stuff. It’s the NWO nanny state.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
They can not turn the Water off.
you need it to live!
Speaking of.... didn’t the UN say that water is a human right ?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 8/7/2020 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: Nivhk
So, why didn't they do this for CHAZ or whatever it ended up being called?

Why didn't they do this once riots got out of control?

But it's okay to do this to people within their own homes, outside of the public domain, because...? Reasons?

All I can come up with is, it is not about the virus. There are other reasons besides the virus.

Not sure what the reasons are. I hope they are good reasons.
The reason is, these liberal governors and mayors support BLM and they support anarchy and totalitarian control. They also support crony capitalism when it helps them get what they want (google, Amazon, Facebook, Walmart, Target, etc) but don’t care about the mom and pop places or people just wanting to make their living.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Men holding power ought to be mistrusted. The law will be respected when it is respectable.

All governments attempt to usurp power. The Mayor is demonstrating that.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

AND.....

Garcetti Authorizes City To Shut Off Power At Hollywood Hills ‘Party House’ Reportedly Belonging To TikTok Star Bryce Hall

Aug 19 2020

Power was authorized to be shut off Wednesday at a Hollywood Hills home, reportedly belonging to TikTok personality Bryce Hall, after multiple large gatherings were held at the property.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🥽🥽🥽🥽

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join