It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Mayor Garcetti Authorizes City to Shut Off Water and Power to HOMES That Throw Large Parties

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They can not turn the Water off.
you need it to live!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is this a end run to shut down house churches and bible studies?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
if Hollywood elites have a party, is it the same thing, or is that different?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If the party host orders ANTIFA-BLM buttons for everybody to wear on their chest, there will be no problems when the local gestapo arrives.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
They can not turn the Water off.
you need it to live!

Tell that to the people that live in Kern Ca.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: RazorV66
It’s time for a war folks.

The New York AG wants to destroy the NRA, then take all our guns. (Not BLM/Antifa guns though)

Just call a party a protest and you should be good to go. That's what I would call it and in a way it really is.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

How does shutting down a wild party keep people already there from getting/spreading COVID19(84)

It does not, however each and every one of those assholes gets a 14 day at home quarantine, a fine for being there and the homeowner gets to be sued by the town.

This is serious # and these people endanger everyone.

How absolutely stupid and self-serving can people be in a pandemic that has proven to be deadly.... yea just go home and infect your family you assholes.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

It does not, however each and every one of those assholes gets a 14 day at home quarantine, a fine for being there and the homeowner gets to be sued by the town.

How absolutely stupid and self-serving can people be in a pandemic that has proven to be deadly.... yea just go home and infect your family you assholes.

Drama queens!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: RazorV66
It’s time for a war folks.

The New York AG wants to destroy the NRA, then take all our guns. (Not BLM/Antifa guns though)

Just call a party a protest and you should be good to go. That's what I would call it and in a way it really is.

That would work, or even better, hang a big banner in the front yard saying

"Protest Preparation Party!"

You will not even get a visit from the Mayor's enforcers.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yeah, that's almost as bad as shutting down the economy, issuing edicts without legislative approval, stopping funerals, putting restaurants out of business, removing the Bill of Rights, and blaming it on people who don't comply because of a 0.04% population/death rate.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

How does shutting down a wild party keep people already there from getting/spreading COVID19(84)

That is the biggest CROCK of CRAP I have seen all day. actually all week.

If your mind was turned on and thinking straight instead of being run automatically by social control schemes, you would remember that hundreds even thousands of business there have 100's of employees all working and being closer than 6 feet away from each other all day long and not a single Covid infection in most cases since the virus first emerged.

I am still working where I live along side over 100 other employees every day all day (longer than most parties last), and there was no mask requirement until late June, but mask/no mask NOBODY at the business has ever contracted the virus. Isn't that like throwing an 8 hour party every single week day since early March? But that is okay?

Wouldn't you rather see people going to private parties having fun than watching them burn down city hall?

Not all businesses can say that, but the point is, there are far more places you would expect the virus to infect (even though it hasn't), than some party at someone's home which is just the same as going to work every day and nobody gets sick at all.

Nope, this is 100 percent political power grabbing and is not based on logic, reason, or factual common sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
So, why didn't they do this for CHAZ or whatever it ended up being called?

Why didn't they do this once riots got out of control?

But it's okay to do this to people within their own homes, outside of the public domain, because...? Reasons?

All I can come up with is, it is not about the virus. There are other reasons besides the virus.

Not sure what the reasons are. I hope they are good reasons.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Should have seen the party we had in Nashville over the past weekend. It pissed off a lot of the sheep who weren't invited. It was was "Project X" level but with adult planning.

People were pissed because no one was wearing a mask, the music was too loud, and there was a very public sexual activity going on lol.

I'm tellin ya. More and more people are getting tired of the government trying to corral everyone and make them stay in line, but it's not going to work much longer.

I've been seeing people I know who have been deadset on mask and quarantine enforcement taking tentative steps in foregoing it all. It's like little mice leaving the mousehole lol. One step at a time.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Dude, you assume that they all have families.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Let’s start with your electric and power, I heard a boom box in your residence last night.

a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
These local leaders are behaving like little emperors of their cities and states. They are asserting illegal authority over Americans for their political agenda. Deblasio deciding he is above the law and can do whatever he wants as mayor granting himself rights (to spread political messages) while denying them to others and citing his faith in his cause as the reason for doing so.

Removal of basic utilities for demonstrating first amendment rights within the privacy of a personal residence broadcasts a terrifying message. You cannot disobey us even in your home. However if you stated it was a BLM protest you were having at your house, all good go team. Dems you can’t defend this behavior.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Let’s start with your electric and power, I heard a boom box in your residence last night.

You know? Them damn smart meters..I held em for a bit...hopped my fence, put it in anyway...and locked it!. They can control all from street

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Subjected to serfdom to save their stuff?
That's clearly the mindset made for cowards.

Are we dealing with grown men here, or
children ready to hide under their bed
afraid of the boogie man?

#1 Many already know the councils pulling the strings
behind the curtain.

#2 Those who've already experienced the cost of War
know the solution.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They can control all from the office, not the street. Click a button and there's your meter usage history; click again and your power goes on or off. Try to snap the lock, pull the meter, and bypass? That computer pops up an alert before you can throw it on the ground.

They also have the authority to "jump your fence" and install the damn things... the meters belong to the power companies; they are their property. If they hadn't been able to get to your meter within a certain time, they would have just shut the power off at the pole and charged you for it.

You do NOT want to know how much they charge for a lineman to do that!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Not sure what the reasons are. I hope they are good reasons.

I would not count on that.

They're in govt. because they love the notion of power--they'll say they aren't, but their actions say otherwise.

They will be most reluctant to give up this power when this is over...assuming for the moment, another "crisis" doesn't show up to be taken advantage of...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join