It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid Testing being prevent from development due to regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

“We need to change the whole script of what it means to test people,” he says. “In our country, we have always assumed that testing belongs in the clinical sphere, in the diagnostic sphere, and has to be run by laboratories or diagnosticians. The result is that we have a system for coronavirus testing…which is flailing, with raging outbreaks occurring.” What the country needs instead are rapid tests, widely deployed, so that infectious individuals can be readily self-identified and isolated, breaking the chain of transmission.

To do that, Mina says, everyone must be tested, every couple of days, with $1, paper-based, at-home tests that are as easy to distribute and use as a pregnancy test: wake up in the morning, add saliva or nasal mucou

Rapid Testing being prevent from development due to regulations

Wake up spit in a tube click a lid shut shake put on side -- shower, brush teeth, make breakfast, coffee .......... back to get dressed - stick paper into that tube. Clear carry on -- Positive # back to bed -- make a few calls.

Now these are test I would do.
How about you?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Would they be as reliable as thos used right now? Right now you might as well toss a coin when papayas, goats and nothing at all test poitive.
When poitive means they detected corona RNA from previous colds.
When no test so far in the world can test specifically for covid.

Nah I'll give it a miss.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Too many false negatives 😈

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

too many false negatives? right now you have 100% walk out the door and spread it. Until you are sick enough to consider having it, then wait multiple days for a test result.

So if it is caught early and 50% fewer people go out spreading it why is that not a good thing?
People wear a mask to protect others in case they have it, that won't change.
But getting to isolate days earlier is a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

well you did even watch the video. so have a nice day

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

well you did even watch the video. so have a nice day

No I didn't, I read scientific papers instead. I guess I shouldn't. Better watch some YT video instead. My bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

too many false negatives? right now you have 100% walk out the door and spread it. Until you are sick enough to consider having it, then wait multiple days for a test result.

So if it is caught early and 50% fewer people go out spreading it why is that not a good thing?
People wear a mask to protect others in case they have it, that won't change.
But getting to isolate days earlier is a bad thing?

The big elephant in the room is that it should spread. It should spread through the healthy population like every other virus. Healthy people do not need protection as if this was the bubonic plague. There is this really nifty thing called immune system. It is quite good actually. Has brought us all the way to 2020.

But now some humans think it's a pile of poopy, that nature can't be trusted and that humans should interfere with this delicately evolved marvel of nature. Yeah and humans are always right and never get anything wrong ever...
You couldn't make it up. Keep the vulnerable safe if they want to be and wash your hands and stop spreading fear wich will mess with your immune system [oh I forgot it's shiite and useless].

If you are doing something you didn't do during all the other flu seasons, you certainly don't need to do anything for this one. It's over and if you do trust the tests, so many have it, that we have herd immunity by now. Which would be a good thing. I am absolutely sick of this fear mongering. Do you all get off on anxiety?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

To do that, Mina says, everyone must be tested, every couple of days, with $1, paper-based, at-home tests that are as easy to distribute and use as a pregnancy test:

LMAO!!!

Next thing ya know they will be like, "stick this thing up your a$$ and your good to go!"

edit on 6-8-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

funny if you had you would have seen the links to the data you require.
You did a great example of a scientific review before commenting by the way. Perhaps keep your fingers of the keyboard until you've at least reviewed the topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Like a 30min saliva test? Cheap and easy to distribute globally?

Sorrento Therapeutics, SRNE on the Nasdaq.

Awaiting FDA approval. Just receiving a registration number from the FDA made it jump from $9 to $14 a share. Approval should be by the end of August. Open your Stash or Robinhood app and invest while there's still time and thank me in September.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Dr. Herrera gives a demo of their simple test that requires a simple nasal swab, plastic tube, a paper strip, and no additional processing. He also discusses how tests like this could be distributed and utilized to quickly curtail the spread of COVID-19. (This video was recorded August 12, 2020).

new topics

top topics

join