It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 TESTING and MEDIA Insanity on Full Display with Florida Numbers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

-Notice that daily TESTING for Covid-19 peaked on July 12th, with 98,708 tests conducted on that day.

-Notice that daily CASES of Covid-19 peaked on July 12th, with 15,300 new cases diagnosed on that day.

So, the fact that COVID hospitalizations also peaked means nothing? Are you serious? Or just that simple single minded?

According to what source?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
People still falling ass over tea kettle for the faked-up stats and all the hype and sensationalism 🤣

And still they keep MSM-Ignoring the stats for pneumonia+flu 🤣

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

That is incorrect. Hospitals do not get paid for covid deaths.

They get paid in the following situations:

1. A patient is on Medicare
  2. A patient is uninsured.

In those situations and if a patient needs to be put on a ventilator then the government pays more to cover the cost. This is done through the CARE Act.

You are repeating a conservative fantasy that's fake news. Please stop.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well, I get to experience a testing center today. I was feeling like dogsh!t on Tuesday, cold chills and cold sweats, so I told my boss I was going to work from home for the rest of the day. Now I can't go back unless I have a negative covid test, despite feeling perfectly fine for the last two days.

Fine with me, I'm salaried.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

This guy though masks were bs as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Most states have had their spikes early, like April and May.

Texas, Florida and California are just spiking late.

Look at the death numbers for the states, not the cases. 40% don't even show symptoms.

I live in PA, most of our deaths were in nursing homes. High risk people live there and our governor made nursing homes accept COVID positive patients. Even our stupid governor opened our state back up now, and our death numbers continue to remain flat.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Lucky you, our governor issued another order yesterday to enforce the fines for not wearing masks.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
A lot of people are getting conned by the Convid.
I’ll say it again and again.....I don’t know anyone that has had it and everyone I know doesn’t know anyone that has had it.
All I’ve heard is 3rd, 4th and 5th hand rumors for 5 months.
I’ll wear a mask in stores because I have to here in Michigan but beyond that.....f*ck them.

You must have a VERY small circle of people. Ive known 12 people who've had it now. 2 died, one spent 6 weeks in a hospital and still has to use a mobility scooter months later to get around, and my brother in law has it right now. He's okay so far, but he's also a very healthy athlete.

ETA: I live in a county of less than 60,000 people, and all but 2 of the people I know are from within the county.
edit on 6-8-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Some lady at the NYTimes quit this past weekend due to being fed up with the farce (akak Hoax) numbers and hysteria.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

That is incorrect. Hospitals do not get paid for covid deaths.

They get paid in the following situations:

1. A patient is on Medicare
  2. A patient is uninsured.

In those situations and if a patient needs to be put on a ventilator then the government pays more to cover the cost. This is done through the CARE Act.

You are repeating a conservative fantasy that's fake news. Please stop.

www.usatoday.com...

Almost everyone over age 65 is on Medicare. 80% of all Covid-19 deaths are people over age 65.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580
"I refuse to stop smoking!"

Later Dies from Smoking Complications.

Happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

This guy was going into bars, pools, and social events without a mask. I don't wear masks, but I'm not stupid either. You don't need a mask to prevent catching viruses, you just need to pay attention to face touching, then wash your hands several times a day if you're leaving the house. 7 times or more. I will never wear a mask, I don't like the precedent it sets, means every flu/cold season some will expect that out of you and I am not being a slave to face diapers for the rest of my life. I hate every covid-paranoid mask wearer with all of my being. Slaves who bow down to a lying media and government agencies.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Florida suspended testing due to the hurricane threat last week, and this week the numbers are much lower, but deaths continue to climb. Cases will go up soon now that test results from after the hiatus start coming in.

The conservative crowd will call this evidence that the virus is under control and we should open everything up and burn our masks.

The OP here continues to post fake news that align with the alt-right cognitive bias. Nothing with reliable sources.

What I don't understand is so many Americans think that Covid is a hoax to destroy the economy and make Trump look bad. They ignore it being a global issue or believe every other country is in on the conspiracy.
edit on 6-8-2020 by jrod because: G

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

According to what source?

According to the source used by the OP.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You are completely ignoring the percentage of tests that come back positive, the true indicator of the spread...but of course you did because that fact does not fit your extremely bias narrative.

Floridacovidaction.com is a much better site for real time statistics.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

rt.live...

Incorrect. Florida is on a downturn on Rt.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Those Rt calculations require a few assumptions to be made. Florida's positivity rate is far from negligible and has not declined significantly. More people will get sick, more people will require hospitalization, and more people will die.
coronavirus.jhu.edu...

Not necessarily. To assess the situation, you should take into account both Rt and the absolute number of cases. A state with 1000 new cases a day and Rt = 1.0 is likely in worse shape than a state with 10 new cases per day and Rt = 1.1. The worse-case scenario is Rt >> 1 and many new cases per day.

While we believe our model is very strong, all models have limitations because they reduce a complex reality into a simple system. You should be aware of the following limitations of this model when interpreting the results

rt.live...

A good question is though, why is Florida testing fewer people?

edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: carsforkids

This guy though masks were bs as well.

So did Herman Cain.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

There is a difference between being paid for people dying vs being paid to treat people so that they won't die.

The myth here is that people are claiming that hospitals are being paid when people die and that is not the case.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
But the CDC issued new guidelines a a week or two ago that you only need to quarantine 10 days. why isnt anyone keeping up with the moving goal posts? lol

www.waaytv.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join