It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why schools are not opening: Lawsuits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: schuyler

The virus is the issue.
If there were no pandemic, schools would be open. My daughter would have had a full-blown graduation. She's already over it.

Think of all the money you saved. I spent a fortune on my 2 older daughters hair, dress, accessories and shoes alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

There is a prom dress that hasn't been worn.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Advantage

There is a prom dress that hasn't been worn.

Id make her wear it to dinner tonight dammit... shoes and makeup and all to the dinner table.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

But you seem to agree that the claims of irreparable harm to children if schools don't fully open immediately may be hyperbole?

That was not at all the argument I was making; I never once used the words "irreparable harm" nor demand that schools fully open immediately.

The argument I am making is that our constant dithering and lack of leadership and comrodery are leading us to make the worst possible choices for our children and that this neglected will harm them into their adulthood. Plenty of natural disaster studies prove this to be fact.That we must stop hiding behind our fear and start making timely and logical choices.

Should schools be opening up immediately? I don't know that is a rather broad question with a lot of intricacies and varies by location.

Should schools still be groping in the dark for solutions and plans, 6 months after they knew they would have this problem come the new school year? No they should not.

They should have had plans A, B, C, and D ready to go 4 months ago and should have been able to include their communities in the plan making. Parents today shouldn't be left wondering and scrambling to figure out what is going to happen in a few weeks time.

But let's instead blame the parents; some of which do not even have the capacity to think passed where the evening meal is coming from.

Let's instead reminisce about the good old days when we recovered from being taught how to duck and cover; recovered sure but it seems to have left us with a lack of compassion for others.

Let's instead demand that the solution is to have all kids be home schooled; as if thats at all practical in the short term.

Lets hide behind a quaint argument that we should not endeavor to do better by our children "until it is safe to do so".

Some times doing the right thing is not safe.
edit on 6-8-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

That was not at all the argument I was making; I never once used the words "irreparable harm" nor demand that schools fully open immediately.
I wasn't replying to you.

They should have had plans A, B, C, and D ready to go 4 months ago and should have been able to include their communities in the plan making. Parents today shouldn't be left wondering and scrambling to figure out what is going to happen in a few weeks time.

I agree. But it is a fluid situation. 6 weeks ago Hawaii was doing well, very well. Public and private schools had plans in place. Hawaii is no longer doing as well (by a long shot) so reassessments are being made. Decisions about the efficacy of planned measures. Decisions about whether in person schooling can be done safely at all.

edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Teachers are still getting paid whether open or not one way or another as far as I know, and I am still paying taxes. Why don’t they organize and take initiative and start teaching their lessons via online and maybe organize for science projects or art class out doors on nice days? Why can’t the educators come up with safe and innovative ways to educate our young? If they can’t then we as a nation need to change some things so we can educate our own children in a way that’s not disruptive to the work force at large.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Why don’t they organize and take initiative and start teaching their lessons via online and maybe organize for science projects or art class out doors on nice days? Why can’t the educators come up with safe and innovative ways to educate our young?
They are trying to. Some of them, anyway.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Teachers actually do want to teach, believe it or not. And most of them are educated enough to know that DeVos is full of crap.
edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don’t doubt it bro, I didn’t mean to sound like I think they want a free pay check. I just don’t really hear much about that sort of thing around my parts in nowhere PA. We have a 5 yr old supposed to be starting kindergarten and we don’t hear nothing from no one and our tyrant governor Tom Wolf just keeps applying “kings law” in the commonwealth and things here are really muddy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join