It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5D Chess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So we all know about 4D chess after Donald Trumps intensive playing of it drove it to mass popularity over the last 4 years.*

Well, now we can do him one better with...

5D CHESS

That's right...chess in 5 dimensions.

www.5dchesswithmultiversetimetravel.com...

en.chessbase.com...

Just last week a new chess game launched on the Steam client — 5D chess. The term 3D stands for third dimension, while 4D includes “time” plus the three spatial dimensions. 5D chess boldly claims to go even beyond that as it mixes chess, as we know it, with a multiverse time-travel function. And this is where my mind starts to go a bit crazy

5D chess tries to avoid most of those paradoxes by shaping multiverses which branch into different timelines, rather than looping back and forth.

Instead of playing on one board, we can push our pieces from the present to the past and vice-versa, thus making several moves on all those different timeline-boards we have created.

What might sound complicated at first...actually stays complicated.

This means you can:

Move pieces back in time and create new timelines

Move pieces around in those newly created timelines and create mate threats

Protect your king(s) from those checkmate attacks
And while you can try out all those time travel tricks against another opponent, you can also play against the engine

I have to admit, this looks pretty fun, if not exceedingly confusing. It definitely takes chess to a whole new 'level'.

*Disclaimer: The Trump comments were made in jest...clearly he's already a master of both 5D and 6D chess and has been playing them the whole time we thought he was playing 4D chess.
edit on 5/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

There was/is a game on the new generation consoles where you navigate through different dimensions. You have to move through the fourth dimension to complete objectives and move objects or such

Edit here it is

edit on 5-8-2020 by gdkknxnqkc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

Oh that looks pretty cool. The only similarly themed ones I know are the exceedingly confusing opensource 4d maze game and the slightly related non-euclidean geometry based roguelike HyperRogue which isn't quite the same thing, but is another game that tries to make a real life representation of theoretical mathematics.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Interesting... just today I was watching a time-travel type chess game.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I was addicted to chess games for a couple years and even bought several real boards.
I got tired of the Computer kicking my can and haven't fooled with it in some time now.

Any move you make the computer knows every move all the way to the end of the game.
And once the queen comes out you can pretty much forget it.
I didn't even know how to play chess but it came free with the Apple software on my Mac years ago.
I bought a book and studied chess moves and strategies as well which did help but only made the game last much longer with the same results.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

While chess programs can be a great learning tool,
They also have the ability to crush the spirits of beginner players.

I refuse to play them nowadays,I prefer the camaraderie that develops when playing another human.

As far as the 5d chess, it looks interesting enough,but I don't think I have the brainpower for it.

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

join