It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLEE Seattle, they are eliminating jails, enacting the Democratic Party model of public unsafety

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro
a reply to: burdman30ott6

See thats the thing here in Seattle now, so many people are acting lawless and crazy. Speeding is insane now, forget stop signs or lights too.

I've lived here my entire life and it's gotten progressively worse every year. More addicts, more garbage/waste/feces and lax policies on crime.

Moving has sort of been on my mind lately, I mean what else do you think about when your city stresses you out?

I feel your pain...its those in the middle, the decent law abiding people, who are most effected by this mess.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

I lived several years east of Seattle out by Snoqualmie Pass. Worked in Seattle proper every day. No thanks. The place was a #hole a dozen years ago and everyone who thought it was still "OK" then seems to be saying it's a #hole to them now, too... that tells me the situation has deteriorated quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

You were exaggerating. First off they are closing the youth detention center and phasing out the audlt jail.
Second, they aren't going to be released into the streets to run a muck or what ever, there's no evidence of what they even have planned for the adult jail population. I can bet most are in there for bs charges anyways.

Also, I dont care about the democrats or what they do. But closing jails isn't a new concept especially within large cities now days. They usually bring more trouble than good.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Drive truck OTR and at the beginning of this year. I told my
dispatch if they send me into Seattle? I'll promptly hang the
phone up and dead head back to the yard from anywhere in
the U.S. I don't know what happened. But when covid got in the
mix. They canceled their two accounts that took drivers to
Seattle.

Seattle Spokane Portland San Francisco and L.A. their all
thrashed. Arizona Nevada Utah Wyoming Idaho still viable.
Sadly my roots are in Cali. If I left I wouldn't be able to
stay away. Especially with what's rolling out for all of us
very soon now.

Man your battle stations we got incoming.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You were exaggerating. First off they are closing the youth detention center and phasing out the audlt jail.

Sounds sort of like, I dunno, "eliminating jails," doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Abandon your post!!

FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Edit: Trump is Gandalf 😌
edit on 5-8-2020 by Arnie123 because: Heh 😝

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Sounds sort of like, I dunno, "eliminating jails," doesn't it?

'My ship's not sinking. The horizon is just getting higher. '

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Is ths another one of those "I am from the fly-over states, and I am terribly afraid of the Big Cities!" threads?

Where hillbillies proudly write that their little, white, rascist piece of crap-town is FAR better and FAR holier than the Big City, where the Gangs roam and old ladies are ravaged, I say RAVAGED daily and nightly by citydevils having smoked the evil brokkoli?

While their neighbor Big Bob just spent his last dollars on meth, cannot pay for his brandnews F-1250 TRUCK (which will be repo'ed next week) and now has to shoot at some of those gray aliens which look suspiciously like claypots - but Could be aliens!

And all of that is America. The "United" states of america. Congratulations!

This is just idiotic.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Lol.....They cant be too worried if jobs are more important to them than their safety

Lol

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds like the Utopian society the hippies of the 60s and 70s wanted to bring about....
Then we grew up.
From..
An old ex-hippie from the 60s and 70s

edit on 8/5/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I used to love to visit the quaint little coffee shops when I was in Seattle.
Now their coffee is literally made from street feces.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Then why did you say jails and not jail in your op?
:

There is a word for what you are doing. It doesn't change anything at all about the premise of the OP if it said jail or jails or whatever. I read it and I totally understood what the OP was getting at. Maybe I have more flexible thinking abilities.
Anyway, what's the name for harping on about a really unimportant part of a post whilst totally ignoring any meaning or discussing the problem?

Oh yeah, attacking a strawman.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
should be an interesting train wreck to watch, I wish the regular folks that just want to work, raise their kids in a safe place and hopefully improve their life survive with minimal damage to their families.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Rates out of LA are through the roof now because of this crap. It's pissing me off.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Second, they aren't going to be released into the streets to run a muck or what ever, there's no evidence of what they even have planned for the adult jail population. I can bet most are in there for bs charges anyways.

Also, I dont care about the democrats or what they do. But closing jails isn't a new concept especially within large cities now days. They usually bring more trouble than good.

You are exaggerating.

READ the items I quoted and you misread.

They are closing ALL youth detention centers and closing the adult jail entirely in phases.

When asked what they are going to do in the future, the answer was ankle bracelets and I presume house arrest. That means the criminals are sent home, with what incentive to stay home if the jail is closed?

Of course emptying the jails and defunding the police has has nothing to do with the exorbitant rise in crime in all the cities that have done it.

How can you defend this? Unless you think letting criminals off to go home after raping, assaulting, holding people at gun point, murdering is a good idea for society.

Did you know a recent study showed 80% of black adults do NOT want police defunding and many want more police on their streets? ussanews.com... This is what REAL black people want, not the looting/rioting liberal Marxist nypost.com... blacks demanding police be abolished in the nation.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

All the local sources from seattle tell a different story.

The youth detention centers are still going to be just that, detention centers, but revamped into 'community' centers. There's less than 50 youths there as well, it's a drain on the system to detain youths with such low numbers.

The adult jails aren't going anywhere, they are staying jails with judges in house to decide what to do with people who have charges against them. But for now there isn't any solid course of action. It's also been expressed that the jailing facility is outdated and the phasing out will simply just shift:

“The building, finished in 1986, was among the last of its kind,” wrote Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention director John Diaz in a Tuesday memo to his staff members. “It features a design that’s now considered obsolete. As many of you know, it’s expensive to operate and doesn’t serve our security, healthcare, or efficiency needs.”

www.seattletimes.com...

Criminals won't be running around with ankle bracelets. The jails were long overdue for either closures or refreshing. I guess these protests and a little persuasion from 'defund' the police was the nudge they needed.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
is that you tom hanks? is this the movie terminal? or part 2?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: carsforkids

Rates out of LA are through the roof now because of this crap. It's pissing me off.

I think the whole sh#terie is about to take a huge tumble
on the west coast. If you just look slowly over every point
of interest in the big picture? You can see how precarious
it has all become in six months. It's terrifying. Everyone
everywhere who has money. Seems they're quietly in
panic mode. Careful not to call attention to the obvious.
This is an environment true Americans will never accept.
edit on 5-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Don’t worry, after the police are disbanded, everyone is going to lock arms and sing kumbaya.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join