It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLEE Seattle, they are eliminating jails, enacting the Democratic Party model of public unsafety

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Seattle was a hell hole when I visited last summer. Filthy, nasty with feces and urine on city streets because it was mean to the homeless to clean the streets of the feces and urine. Garbage was piled yards high under city underpasses and stayed there my entire visit. The Airport was worse than the many 3rd world airports I have been too with graffiti, and broken people movers and just plain dirt and garbage everywhere.

Now the Democratic run city as decided to defund the police, close all the jails, close all the juvenile detention centers and get this:
phased out, with the help of civilian run programs for prevention, diversion, rehabilitation, and harm reduction. They have no plans to reopen any jails or detention centers.
Misunderstood assaulters, thieves, rapists, murderers will be sent back into the community while receiving counseling.

In other words there will be no real penalty for committing nearly any crime, or any crime at all, if there are no jails or detention centers. There will be no justice for victims of crime, there will be no protection for the community from people who know there will be minimal consequences for their actions.

I suppose murder would involve a civilian agency of social workers who understand the poverty and social circumstances that caused the person or gang to murder and give them counseling.

It seems this is going to be a model for other Democratic run cities to follow. If you live in a Democratic run city or state and you want to be safe and your family to be safe, get the heck out of there as fast as you can.

Worst of all this is what Biden has in mind for all of us if he is elected. He said he doesn't want to defund the police, simply re-allocate the police funds to other areas and agencies. Yep, exactly what Seattle is doing.

Already one major trucking company CEO has said he will not deliver goods to cities who defund police. I expect more to follow. He said he won't put his people in harms way and won't subject his cargo to rampant theft. www.msn.com... If Democratic run cities, as most cities and towns, are having shortages of goods now on their shelves due to COVID, it is a pittance of what is to come when companies weigh the risk/reward of delivering goods to these cities. No one, not even the Democrats can force truckers to drive into harms way on purpose where their cargo and lives are going to be in jeopardy due to their unsafety policies.

www.fr24news.com... lice-the-post-millennium.html#:~:text=Seattle%E2%80%99s%20King%20County%20is%20considering%20closing%20the%20Seattle,%E2%80%93%20Ian%20Miles%20Cheong% 20%28%40stillgray%29%20July%2021%2C%202020
patch.com...
www.theepochtimes.com...
komonews.com...

edit on 8/5/20 by The2Billies because: addition grammar

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
WTF
I really need national concealed carry. # state reciprocity, I require FEDERAL concelead carry, that CANNOT BE INFRINGED.

I manage the PNW ( for work)and have been in some frigjtening situations the last few months.

Portland will soon follow suit...not to be out "woke."

edit on 5-8-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Seattle was a hell hole when I visited last summer. Filthy, nasty with feces and urine on city streets because it was mean to the homeless to clean the streets of the feces and urine. Garbage was piled yards high under city underpasses and stayed there my entire visit. The Airport was worse than the many 3rd world airports I have been too with graffiti, and broken people movers and just plain dirt and garbage everywhere.

On today’s episode of things that never happened...

I lived in Seattle for over 3 years recently, flying out of SeaTac several times a year, and none of what you said is remotely true. I can’t think of one time I saw feces on the street. Hell, the city spends an inordinate time cleaning every public space.

Sounds like you’ve never been to a third world airport either.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I lived in Seattle for over 3 years recently, flying out of SeaTac several times a year, and none of what you said is remotely true. I can’t think of one time I saw feces on the street. Hell, the city spends an inordinate time cleaning every public space.

Actually, YOU are wrong. I spend a week there a month...Ill be back next week.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Didn't they make two movies about this?
Escape from New York and some other hell hole?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Close all jails?

Did you read any of your sources?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Take pictures.....easiest way to make your point

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I have lots of family in Seattle, the urine and feces have been on city streets not far from the Market for several years.

The streets have been fiilthy.

Yes there was an appauling amount of garbage under the underpasses.

ARE YOU BLIND!

I have friends ready to flee as they live near downtown and are terrified to go into their own yard.

As for the airport, the grafitti was everywhere, also on many many of the traffic signs downtown.

I don't see how you could miss it!

The people mover was broken for the solid two weeks of my last visit to Seattle in the airport.

I have been all over the world and the airport in Dominica, a tiny island was cleaner than the Seattle airport and everything worked.

The fear of the people who live there is palpable and we've had many discussions of where to move to and how to get out of the city and when so they don't lose too much money on selling their houses.

What kind of fantasy land do you see in Seattle, certainly not the hell hole my relatives are living in, where I went to college when it was a good city, where I was married in a city I loved. No longer, I see it realistically, not through liberal lefty eyes of utopia which has long since disappeared from the landscape replaced by rampant homelessness, garbage, crime, grafatti and in which my family members are living in a grip of terror of what is to come.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Close all jails?

Did you read any of your sources?

Did you?

www.fr24news.com... lice-the-post-millennium.html

Seattle’s King County is considering closing the Seattle County Jail and has no plans to replace it. There are additional plans to end all youth detentions by 2025 and convert the facilities into community centers.

patch.com...

Instead of incarceration, King County Executive Dow Constantine says the county will focus on prevention, rehabilitation and reduction.

The first, and perhaps more dramatic goal, is to end youth detention at the Patricia H. Clark Children and Family Justice Center. Wednesday Constantine said the new plan is to repurpose the building into a space for therapeutic and community use, as part of the county's greater commitment to rehabilitation and crime reduction, rather than punishment.

When pressed on the issue, Constantine said he believed electronic monitoring could remain a useful alternative to detention, but that King County's solutions to these issues would need to come from its community.

Meanwhile, the second proposal to shut down the jail in downtown Seattle is also moving ahead. When the facility closes the remaining inmates will not all just be shipped to the detention center in Kent. Part of Constantine's proposal is to use the phase out to focus on prevention, rehabilitation and reduction, so there is significantly less need for jail space

www.theepochtimes.com...#

Seattle, Washington, has been laying out plans to abolish its police department as the wider county lays out a path to getting rid of the region’s largest jail and abolish juvenile detention.

The city plans to replace the police department with a “civilian led Department of Community Safety & Violence Prevention,” according to a resolution published last week. A majority of the City Council has endorsed defunding the department, though latest developments suggest at least a slowdown of the plan. While the council pushes for the nixing of police, abolishing the jails is spearheaded by the government of King County, Washington, which includes the city, the surrounding suburbs, and some more sparsely populated areas to the east.

The county plans to abolish youth detention by 2025, according to a July 21 internal memo from John Diaz, the county’s director of the Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention. That includes converting for “community programs” the Patricia H. Clark Children and Family Justice Center, the youth detention facility the county just finished at the cost of more than $240 million.

The Seattle jail, King County Correctional Facility, should be phased out, Diaz said, with the help of “programs for prevention, diversion, rehabilitation, and harm reduction.”

The Seattle draft resolution speaks of “white supremacy culture” in the United States and calls policing a “racist institution” that perpetuates “racism and violence.”

komonews.com...

Constantine's proposal calls for a phased closing of the Seattle jail.

Instead, Constantine said in the memo he will support programs for prevention, diversion, rehabilitation, and harm reduction.

For protesters who've called to defund the police and end youth incarceration.. the eventual closures are a huge win.

“Where do you put people who are committing crimes, people who are committing violence against their fellow human beings,” said Caleb Heimlich, the chairman of the Washington State Republican Party. “Of course we want to see reform. We want to see rehabilitation, but they are going about it backwards. Instead of addressing square one, let's lock up violent criminals, they are going to square ten, close all jails and call it good."

edit on 8/5/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yes. They are closing an obsolete, youth jail. Singular, jail. One jail.
Not all jails like you are suggesting and completely over exaggerating.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

ok let's try this one word at a time

There are additional plans to end all youth detentions by 2025 and convert the facilities into community centers.

end "ALL" youth detention center

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes. They are closing an obsolete, youth jail. Singular, jail. One jail.
Not all jails like you are suggesting and completely over exaggerating.

That is their only jail. Read the articles again. It is THE city jail they are closing and not reopening. There is no other jail for the city, that is it. They do have a contract with a jails outside the city in Snohomish Read the articles. They also said clearly in the articles that ALL juvenile detention centers will be closed.

Read what the dissenting voice said in the last quote of my last response. It is clear they are intent on closing the ONLY city jail and not replacing it. When pressed the person said they may use ankle monitors instead, ie send the offenders home, with no option if they don't stay home because there will be no city jail.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Still not all jails. Stop making a hysterical claim off this because you don't like democrats. Op should report information not make stuff up.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I was there 4 years ago and every public elevator I entered smelled heavily of urine, had to walk threw a large homeless camp to get to the ferry too.

But I guess it’s just my racism and classism making me hallucinate that stuff right?

Or maybe your just used to the smell of piss on everything

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

ok again one word after another

Constantine's proposal calls for a phased closing of the Seattle jail.

closing of THE Seattle jail. Look like closing all jail in Seattle (the only one they own)

edit on 5-8-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was just in Seattle this past March and the buildings were literally made of feces. Every single one. When I spoke with the Democrats there they said their goal was to turn each Republican's house across the country into a feces structure, burn their Bibles and chop off a pig's head. Then they're conversion of America would be complete.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Dolby_X

Still not all jails. Stop making a hysterical claim off this because you don't like democrats. Op should report information not make stuff up.

Stop making a hysterical claim that I am not telling the truth because you don't like it.

YES ALL Jails within the Seattle city limits. That is what I said in the OP and I have consistently said.

I also said that Biden has NOT endorsed defunding police, but Biden did say that he plans to re-allocate police funds to other places, EXACTLY what Seattle is doing. That makes it part and parcel of the Democratic Party plan for the entire US does it not?

www.msn.com...
www.cnsnews.com...

edit on 8/5/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Velcomm to Searattle, Washingdone

and to

Fortland, Oregone

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
WTF
I really need national concealed carry. # state reciprocity, I require FEDERAL concelead carry, that CANNOT BE INFRINGED.

I manage the PNW ( for work)and have been in some frigjtening situations the last few months.

Portland will soon follow suit...not to be out "woke."

If there aren't any cops, who TF is gonna enforce any firearm laws? They wanna eliminate penalties for crimes... well, from where I stand that's sort of an open invitation to conduct your 2nd Amendment business however you see fit, ya?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"recently" must not be 2019...
komonews.com...

"Enough is enough" is the plea from another downtown Seattle business that is tired of people pooping and peeing in front of its windows. The hotel manager is now documenting it on video and sending it city lawmakers.

“I’m tired of the deification, the urination, drug use, accosting customers,” says Jeff Gouge, general manager of The Arctic Circle Seattle. He's managed the hotel for nearly 10 years.

On Thursday, a camera inside the hotel’s Juno restaurant captured video of a man walking on the sidewalk. That man stops, pull down his pants facing the street, and defecates right outside the windows. Afterwards, he pulled up his pants and kept walking down the sidewalk. He could be seen by customers eating their meals.

...or maybe you just have those rose colored glasses on again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join