It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut Explosion, Proof of Bomb?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Call it what you will, it doesn't just stop at ground zero. Detectors are all over that will pick it up. Two days after Chernobyl radiation was detected on the shoes of a nuclear power plant worker 1100 km away, at the Forsmark power plant north of Stockholm.
edit on 8/7/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The ATL was never operational, by Israel or the US. It was also only a 100kw system. It hasn't existed since about 2010.

I think you know just because the program ended publicly, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or is operational, it just means, we’ll I guess think of the SR-71

It’s certainly a strong possibility given recent events and the IDF was operational over Israel & Lebanon at the time of the first explosion and during the secondary larger explosion, I was tracking them all at the time as was many other

2x unknown IDF fighters
1x Lockheed C-130H
1x hawker 800xp

edit on 7-8-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The SR-71 was publicly revealed before it ever flew. Johnson revealed it in his speech July 25, 1964. First flight of the SR-71 was December 22, 1964. It's a common misconception, largely brought on by the A-12, that the SR-71 flew for years before being revealed.

And just because something is tested doesn't mean it goes operational. There are a lot of programs that are tested that don't ever go beyond testing, or aren't meant to go beyond the demonstrator stage. ATL was one of those programs. Putting a 100 kw laser meant for tactical use on a C-130 doesn't make a lot of sense. It didn't then, and it doesn't for the AC-130 test that's coming up in the next few years.

Let's see, Israel was flying at the time, and there's a laser program that ended ten years ago. Yeah, that makes so much more sense than government corruption caused thousands of tons of ammonium nitrate to be left in a warehouse, where an accidental fire started and set it off.
edit on 8/7/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Call it what you will, it doesn't just stop at ground zero. Detectors are all over that will pick it up. Two days after Chernobyl radiation was detected on the shoes of a nuclear power plant worker 1100 km away, at the Forsmark power plant north of Stockholm.

Not much in the form of a nuke and if home made would have been very dirty...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep. But not one detector anywhere is reported to be detecting anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Being honest and realistic about it Bibi went on record just before the Lebanon incident stating that after going after Hezbollah targets in Syria Lebanon was next on the list........................ Literally hours before. Yet they didn't do it...................... Or did they?

I sincerely hope this wasn't an Israeli strike, things need to calm down in the eastern Med, so much potential out there

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

There was a report of welding in the area, a new video shows the warehouse on fire right up to the explosion. I haven't seen any reports of a first explosion before the fire broke out. Unless they used a silent weapon (and they didn't have access to ATL), all the evidence points to a horrible accident brought on by corruption.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah sure, and the welding thing is very interesting Zaph. It probably was an accident of sorts. Maybe the speech by Bibi was coincidental, yet the IDF really did take out Hezbollah sites in Syria the day before and sites in Lebanon were going to be targeted next.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Sites in Lebanon are pretty much always targeted. It's actually a bit of a miracle this didn't happen sooner with that stuff being in that warehouse as long as it was.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It would be massive detection...

I would also think if it was it would have taken out the whole city... 1.5 is actually kind of hard for an atomic weapon to get down to.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The reports are that is was a warehouse storing ammonium nitrate. Photos show a crater where the structure used to be and the ruptured grain silo next to it.

Ammonium Nitrate cannot even get anywhere near that level of explosion.

ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil) used in underground hard rock mining is not even classed as an explosive. It is simply a cheap and efficient material, that burns very quickly and is perfect for "Long Holing" in mining terminology.

It was nuclear - mini nuke. If it was Ammonium Nitrate then every hard-rock mine on this planet would go bye-byes when the long-holes, filled with ANFO get activated via electrical charge using a small plastic explosive (Gel) located at the end of every 10-20m drill hole, after all other miners are above ground. Richter scale 3-5 here we come when those blasts go off.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
It was nuclear - mini nuke.

Sure it was.

I bet it was even one of those suitcase nanothermite holographic nukes they used on the World Trade Center.

*twirls finger next to temple*

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

That's where you're wrong. You're mixing ANFO and ammonium nitrate as if they're the same thing, which they aren't. Ammonium nitrate in large quantities, and there was somewhere around 6 million pounds here, will create a very large explosion if you can get it to go off.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

*twirls finger next to temple*

You have obviously never worked underground with ANFO.
Nasty material when is naturally deteriourates on your cut(s). The scabs are filled with HNO3 from the nateral decay of the NH4NO3.

But hey - you know everything. Cannot wait for Judgement Day.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's where you're wrong. You're mixing ANFO and ammonium nitrate as if they're the same thing, which they aren't. Ammonium nitrate in large quantities, and there was somewhere around 6 million pounds here, will create a very large explosion if you can get it to go off.

Remember the 2 ships in the Atlantic in the 50's ? One had Ammonium Nitrate, the other was a crude oil tanker. Seperated, no problem. However, on this occasion, they were passing each other very closely - Boom. Both went up in flames.

Going by history here, farming and the entire hard rock underground mining industry here. Are you saying that they are all wrong ?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
You have obviously never worked underground with ANFO.

And you obviously didn't read what was stored there which wasn't ANFO.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It would be massive detection...

I would also think if it was it would have taken out the whole city... 1.5 is actually kind of hard for an atomic weapon to get down to.

The army at one point, made atomic artillery shells in the late 50s, or early 60s, "if" I remember, they were rated at 1.5kt

I'm not saying this was a nuke, I don't believe for a heartbeat that it was.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The lowest yield devices produced were for the Davy Crockett recoilless tactical gun and were equivalent to 10 to 20 tons of TNT.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And you obviously didn't read what was stored there which wasn't ANFO.

There was nothing stored there next to the ANFO because i was 1 mile underground with only ANFO being pumped into 7 drill holes.
Like talk about Dah.......

You have either used the flammable material or you havn't. Simple.....

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

The army at one point, made atomic artillery shells in the late 50s, or early 60s, "if" I remember, they were rated at 1.5kt

I'm not saying this was a nuke, I don't believe for a heartbeat that it was.

I actually flew about 100 of them out of Germany in 92 as part of a treaty. Flew from Hahn AB to Northern CA over and over for about a year.

I think my point is 1.5kt is not that easy to get down to...

A bare critical mass of plutonium at normal density and without additional neutron reflector material is roughly 10 kilograms. To achieve a large explosive-yield, a linear-implosion weapon needs somewhat more material, on the order of 13 kilograms. 13 kilograms of alpha-phase (highest density) plutonium at a density of 19.8 g/cm³ is 657 cubic centimeters, a sphere of radius 5.4 cm (diameter 10.8 cm / 4.25 inches).

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join