It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut Explosion, Proof of Bomb?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

It wasn't 7,000 tons, he said 7,000 pounds was used in Oklahoma City. Beirut was 2750 tons, which was the equivalent of 1.15 kilotons of TNT. They tried to move it for years, but with all the corruption they couldn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Who is going to willingly be around 7000 tons of explosives? For years? Who is going to look the other way, for years? That's beyond accidental.

That's not gross negligence that's criminal.

2,750 tons, not 7,000, and it came from an abandoned Russian freighter which was Moldovan flagged from what I read. It was there for six years since the company went bankrupt and the nitrate was eventually moved into the warehouse where it sat while they tried to move it.

edit on 5-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I heard awhile back that they screwed up the OKC bomb. It should have been 3 to 4 more times powerful than it was. Something about the Ammonium Nitrate and oil ratio.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm betting Israel sent a real strong message with a nuke.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
International aid has started. Multiple countries have aircraft enroute with supplies and search and rescue teams.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
I'm betting Israel sent a real strong message with a nuke.

I'll take that bet, how much you feel like losing?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm thinking about $100, but unless Bibi gets unusually honest, and unless there is a neutral party there to conduct radiological tests, we will never know for sure.

A few years down the road the nearby survivors may display the same symptoms the first responders at 911 did, but the media will never cover that and we might all be dead from "the virus."

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
I'm thinking about $100...

Done.

Now pay me.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It ain't over yet cowboy!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Sure the radiation will be detected as soon as those foreign rescue workers arrive. You're still in this bet. Just have faith.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
a reply to: Gothmog

Have a google 👍

What does Google do for me ?
I know science.

You don't really get your knowledge from a Google search , do you ?
edit on 8/5/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Who is going to willingly be around 7000 tons of explosives? For years? Who is going to look the other way, for years? That's beyond accidental.

That's not gross negligence that's criminal.

2,750 tons, not 7,000, and it came from an abandoned Russian freighter which was Moldovan flagged from what I read. It was there for six years since the company went bankrupt and the nitrate was eventually moved into the warehouse where it sat while they tried to move it.

From my research, Ammonium nitrate should have absorbed enough water from the sea air to become useless after six years. It would also require a 6% mix of fuel oil. My first thought was a suitcase nuke. A small one could have a yield of as little as 0.19 KT.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I use google to learn from people who know more about the subject than me via qualifications

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

That's ANFO. Contrary to media uses, ammonium nitrate and ANFO aren't the same thing. ANFO is a blasting agent that's classified as a tertiary explosive. It's normal use is blasting for construction and mining. It's frequently mixed into a slurry, and placed on top of another explosive. It needs that initial explosion to detonate. It can't be detonated with just a blasting cap.

Ammonium nitrate on the other hand, is harder to detonate, but is frequently classified as a high explosive, and in large quantities, such as 2700 tons, will decimate an area if it explodes. In small quantities it's not going to do a lot of damage. It's estimated to be the equivalent of about 40% of the power of TNT.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

A senator who was in The Briefing with President Trump yesterday morning by the US Military, just verified on Fox News that yesterday's intelligence said it was an attack. A bomb.

But he would not answer any further questions on that subject.

If it was an attack, it could have been from a US ally like Israel. That would need to be kept classified.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And many explosions like this are frequently thought to be an attack. Buildings don't generally explode like this for no reason. But not everything is an attack.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A senator who was in The Briefing with President Trump yesterday morning by the US Military, just verified on Fox News that yesterday's intelligence said it was an attack. A bomb.

But he would not answer any further questions on that subject.

If it was an attack, it could have been from a US ally like Israel. That would need to be kept classified.

and our politicians are never wrong. Ever

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
If it was ammonium nitrate it would need to be mixed with some type of fuel base. All by itself it wouldn't explode.

Uhhh Yeah it would. You are thinking of ANFO. The addition of fuel oil to Ammonium Nitrate increases the force of the explosion, but, Ammonium Nitrate is quite capable of going BOOM on it's own.

Ahh thanks for the correction, I wasn't actually sure about that to begin with. It certainly makes a big boom as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
It would also require a 6% mix of fuel oil. My first thought was a suitcase nuke. A small one could have a yield of as little as 0.19 KT.

Except there are zero indicators of any type of nuclear device being used.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It wasn't 7,000 tons, he said 7,000 pounds was used in Oklahoma City. Beirut was 2750 tons, which was the equivalent of 1.15 kilotons of TNT. They tried to move it for years, but with all the corruption they couldn't.

Here is a reporter in Lebanon talking about life there..they have it hard, puts life in perspective here..we are basically a bunch of crybabies.

edit on 5-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join