It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut Explosion, Proof of Bomb?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Not all bombs that cause an EMP are nukes

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very much an Industrial accident albeit a very powerful one, the RE (relative equivalence) for AN to TNT is 2.38 kilos of AN = 1 Kilo of TNT so the explosive power of the AN comes out at roughly 1.115 Kilotons. As we all have seen, there was an initial red fire-cloud and then the big detonation, very much like a fuel air detonation the first large explosion lifted and dispersed the AN and subsequently provided the ignition source, throw in a few tons of hydrocarbons from fireworks and god knows what else they stored there and you have the perfect ingredients to amplify the detonation even more, the resulting final explosion had an impressive pressure wave comparable to a thermobaric fuel air detonation though thankfully without the accompanying superheated fireball. Even though this was not a nuclear detonation it serves well as an example and a reminder to everyone just how powerful a nuclear device can be, this AN explosion was 1.115 Kiloton detonation, Hiroshima was 15 Kilotons, Ivy Mike 10.4 Megatons, Castle Bravo 15 Megatons, Tsar Bomba 50 Megatons, it's frightening to imagine Hiroshima was 15 times more powerful, Terrifying that Ivy Mike was 10 thousand times more powerful and the Tsar a staggering 50 thousand times more powerful. The people of Beirut are now in dire straits, their main source of income, the Port, destroyed, their grain silos needed for bread destroyed, the surrounding structures/infrastructure destroyed, hospitals already overburdened with covid 19 now overwhelmed, add to that the pre-existing political and economic turmoil , I think these people are going to need a great deal of help, lets hope Governments of the world match their fine words with honourable and noble deeds. Thoughts and Prayers don't heal wounds or fill empty stomachs.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
@31:19 of the video there is a distinct quick flash. Does that qualify as suspect?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I posted this on the other thread

twitter.com...

Imagine thinking your safe one minute and the next... kabooom!

The guy must of been thinking oh, we're alright the fire and smoke is way over there...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I posted this on the other thread. Slower down to quarter speed and it shows the destructive power of this explosion. If anybody wants any other videos slowed down let me know and I'll post it.

edit on 8/5/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
Life can change in less than a heartbeat

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Im no expert by all means, but does the delay in the lights going out and the actual blast suggest an EMP from a bomb?

I don't think that's a solid enough statement to base the theory on.

The speed of the blast may have allowed for some lights to stay on for a few seconds before knocking out the power. Further more, there may have been auto triggers to shut down parts of the grid to protect the rest. There's a lot of scenarios that could explain the delay.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

That may be true, but, all Nukes cause EMP.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Even conventional explosions cause EMP’s .

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
so the usa used her MOAB lollllll
all crab speculations...
just an ordinairy accidend couse lebanon had/has no money to remove the ammonianitrate from the harbour...
edit on 5-8-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

But they're so small that they're not noticable.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don’t know about conventional explosions causing an EMP, but non-nuclear EMP bombs have long been rumored. In any case, this video gives an interesting demonstration of radiated and conducted EMP’s on various devices—including an iPhone and laptop.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's a terrible story and one that is going to cause a LOT of turmoil in the Lebanon.
In 2014 someone imported 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate, presumably for fertiliser. Customs picked up on this, said 'No, you can't do that,' and impounded the lot of it in that warehouse. Over the past six years it's just been sitting there, being argued over, litigated over and (allegedly but plausibly) bribed over - to no avail, as it was still sitting there until yesterday.
Thing is about ammonium nitrate, it sticks together really well when it absorbs water of any kind, including moisture, so it becomes one great big blob. Oh and it can absorb contaminants really well, which can make it warm up. So you have a giant mountain of neglected ammonium nitrate, sitting in a warehouse, being basically untouched, with a lot of people arguing about it. Until yesterday, when what looks like a fire involving fireworks broke out near it - and then the whole damn thing exploded.
People are now understandably furious and are asking how the authorities neglected this issue so badly. There are a lot of rumours of bribery and corruption.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Watch until the end. Lucky they didn't get sucked or blown off the balcony.

edit on 8/5/2020 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just look at that blast of course it was a bomb.

Either a giant amount of highly explosive material was just laying around for years and no one cares (umm...yea). Or it was a very deliberate strike.

Every video I've seen trying to explain it away as a firework explosion doesn't even come close to that blast some of yall lost your damn minds. No, the natural gas explosions don't even compare either.

Instead of arguing if it was a bottle rocket. I wonder who/what was in the area. Was there any reason to hit that spot with such force. Had to be a good reason. Add in the fact the TV COULD HAVE ran with the story of terrorists doing it, but didn't. Everyone would have lapped it up like the Pavlov Dog they are.

Anyone think of that? No? By all means, continue arguing that it was a bottlerocket.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Every video I've seen trying to explain it away as a firework explosion...

Ammonium nitrate is not 'fireworks'.

Look at what 7,000 pounds did to the Murrow Building, this was 2,750 tons which is roughly 1/16th the power of the Hiroshima atomic device.

edit on 5-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't forget the grain towers that were full of wheat next to it. Wheat dust goes up pretty good too.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, it blew those things completely to hell.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Just look at that blast of course it was a bomb.

Either a giant amount of highly explosive material was just laying around for years and no one cares (umm...yea). Or it was a very deliberate strike.

Every video I've seen trying to explain it away as a firework explosion doesn't even come close to that blast some of yall lost your damn minds. No, the natural gas explosions don't even compare either.

Instead of arguing if it was a bottle rocket. I wonder who/what was in the area. Was there any reason to hit that spot with such force. Had to be a good reason. Add in the fact the TV COULD HAVE ran with the story of terrorists doing it, but didn't. Everyone would have lapped it up like the Pavlov Dog they are.

Anyone think of that? No? By all means, continue arguing that it was a bottlerocket.

So as CT's tend to do you are ignoring the commonly given explanation and cherry picking what you want to create your confirmation bias.

I dont think pretty much anyone , other than people being willfully obtuse, are calling it a fireworks accident at this point.

Literally this line or something similar is taken from almost every major and minor news source, "Lebanon's government has blamed a large quantity of poorly stored ammonium nitrate for the huge blast that rocked its capital, Beirut, killing scores of people and devastating swathes of the city. "

www.cnn.com...
edit on 5-8-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's OKC and Timmy McVeigh? Can't find footage of the blast only the aftermath.

Who is going to willingly be around 7000 tons of explosives? For years? Who is going to look the other way, for years? That's beyond accidental.

That's not gross negligence that's criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join