It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut Explosion, Proof of Bomb?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
They aren't trying to blame anyone. Rarely see this stance in a hub for terrorism. Iran seems to have taken the same approach with their recent explosions.

Probably cus the Iranians can't quite admit to the Shea world they have no way of defending their nuke / missile building / storage facilities from the F35

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73
So the small explosions are bullets. The large explosion....IDK but the port is controlled by hezbollah so it was probably a massive bomb they built for a terror attack. Glad it went off in Lebanon instead of say New York.

if this was a hezbollah base then it could have been a Mosssd hit, or even delta force. not sure how to feel about that, but have hexbollah even suggested an attack on US soil? i thought that they were strictly local.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
They aren't trying to blame anyone. Rarely see this stance in a hub for terrorism. Iran seems to have taken the same approach with their recent explosions.

That seems odd to me. Usually the countries that sponsor terrorism are the ones to claim they were under a terror attack in these cases, their fault or not.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Could have been but Israel was one of the first nations to offer help and prepare to send aid workers to treat the injured.

It could equally have been being a port a suspected shipment of weapon's part's or weapon's or some sort of contraband or material that one of the great powers did not want entering the wrong hand's.

We could grasp at straws like that all day but the investigators are on the ground right now and will find any evidence of such if it was the case.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If it was ammonium nitrate it would need to be mixed with some type of fuel base. All by itself it wouldn't explode.

Is there any further information on this being mentioned pertaining these details?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
If it was ammonium nitrate it would need to be mixed with some type of fuel base. All by itself it wouldn't explode.

Is there any further information on this being mentioned pertaining these details?

Frolov – who heads the combustion and explosion department at the Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow:

If you have hazardous materials somewhere in store, and if you violate the conditions of storage, you can expect an ignition source will always appear.

This accidental ignition source will cause a fire, and during the fire you have some gasification of the existing material, and the accumulation of these combustibles in the atmosphere... You have escalation of fire, and then you can have the secondary explosion.

www.rt.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25343462]AaarghZombies[/post

From what I understand they speculate that many Hezbollah cells exist within the United States. With a completely open border I have no doubt that is fact

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Have a google 👍

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No bomb. The port was illegally storing amonia nitrate and it went off.... due to lack of correct storage procedures.

originally posted by: Briles1207
Mods please move if posted in wrong forum.

Came across this video from a gathering at mass during the explosion.

Im no expert by all means, but does the delay in the lights going out and the actual blast suggest an EMP from a bomb? You hear the bulbs pop which doesnt suggest it was an outage from the powerlines being destroyed?

Anyway Thought I'd share

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
For those interested, here is the Wikipedia page about the West Fertilizer Company that occurred near Waco, TX in 2013.
It was a massive explosion of stored ammonium nitrate.

It started as a fire.

Property damage :West Fertilizer Company building obliterated, 60–80 homes destroyed, 50–75 homes damaged, 50-unit apartment building destroyed, West Middle School damaged, West Volunteer Ambulance Station and Nursing home.

edit on b000000312020-08-05T08:31:42-05:0008America/ChicagoWed, 05 Aug 2020 08:31:42 -0500800000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Not sure if this was a typo or intentional:

What are the ongoing response efforts?

In the hours following the bombing, authorities and humanitarian organizations launched search and rescue efforts. The Lebanese President has directed all armed forces to respond to the disaster, and to patrol affected areas for additional security.

Lebanon has allocated 100 billion Lebanese pounds -- which, according to the government rate, is about $66,335,000 -- to deal with the effects of the blast, the Levbanese Presidency Twitter account said Wednesday.
(emphasis mine)

Source: www.cnn.com...

Very interesting choice of words.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Maybe this was N Korea testing miniature nuke tech...?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Uhhh Yeah it would. You are thinking of ANFO. The addition of fuel oil to Ammonium Nitrate increases the force of the explosion, but, Ammonium Nitrate is quite capable of going BOOM on it's own.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Uhhh Yeah it would. You are thinking of ANFO. The addition of fuel oil to Ammonium Nitrate increases the force of the explosion, but, Ammonium Nitrate is quite capable of going BOOM on it's own.

Yeah it's not unprecedented... This is video of the Tianjin explosion which was started by the fire of another substance which subsequently set off massive ammonium nitrate explosions

edit on 5-8-2020 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Learn some thing about nukes before calling every large explosion. If that was a nuclear explosion there would have been a flash that would have overloaded any camera pointed in that direction. There is a reason that all of the people you see in the movies of actual nuclear tests have welder's goggles. There's a reason why nuclear capable bombers have blast curtains in the cockpits or the pilots have a shield built into their helmets.

Odds are that this is going to just be an industrial accident. A horrible one, but, an accident all the same. Was it caused by negligence? Probably. Did somebody intentionally cause it to happen? Probably not.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I know it's a tradgedy on all levels.
And I feel horrible for those effected by this.

But The clip at 2:38 made me laugh.
I can't tell if he's Yelling oh my God after the explosion or if it "were all gonna die"

Again, my prayers are with all those effected by this.
It's just the man's reaction.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

B-52 PLZT goggles the crew would wear on nuclear missions.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A-6 drivers had a variation of that. I remember the plane captains putting them in the cockpit when we were in the Eastern Med and came under SIOP.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

A cell phone may survive an EMP. It would depend on many factors though.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here's something to watch. it's called "Special Bulletin". It came out in the early 80's, about a terrorist nuclear explosion. It was meant to be a series of special reports like the news does now. They researched the effects of a nuclear explosion and they represent it quite well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join