It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign knocks on a million doors a week vs Biden's zero doors a week.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Talk about a difference in campaign strategy! This is either an actual million-to-none missed opportunity for the Biden campaign or an actual wasted million-to-none effort for the Trump campaign.

I guess we'll find out in less than 90 days who made the better decision. In JFK's campaign run for President in 1960, knocking on doors wasn't just something his campaign did, he did it himself in places like West Virginia. And we all know how that presidential election turned out.

I guess we'll see soon enough if JFK style campaigning or Biden style campaigning carries the election.

Of course, it is 2020, so the irony here is the Republican nominee-Trump is follwing a Democrat's campaign-style namely JFK. And Democratic nominee-Biden, is following the typical Republican style of a campaign by *not* going door-to-door.

Kind of makes you scratch your head, along with everything else that has already happened in 2020.

You can't make this stuff up, kids.

Trump - 1,000,000 doors/week - Biden - 0 doors/week

edit on 8/5/2020 by Riffrafter because: I'm a happy idiot, of course!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The base will vote for Trump.
No doubt.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No doubt.

I agree completely.

But they're *still* knocking on a million doors a week in his campaign. Do you think they need to?

Are the polls that tight, Phage?

From where I'm sitting, Biden is leading in every poll just like HRC did in the 2016 election, but the margins this time are much narrower than during the polling done in the Trump-Clinton election.

You can go blind just trying to follow all of this stuff, never mind actually think about it, ffs...

edit on 8/5/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

But they're *still* knocking on a million doors a week in his campaign. Do you think they need to?

That's the claim.
But I suppose it depends upon whose doors they are knocking.

You can go blind just trying to follow all of this stuff, never mind actually think about it, ffs...
What is it that you think I am "following?"
edit on 8/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What is it that you think I am "following?"

I was referring to myself in the instance above. I have zero insight into what you follow.

So, what are your thoughts on the 2020 election?

Close election? If so, who wins?

Landslide election? If so, who wins it?

edit on 8/5/2020 by Riffrafter because: Random Shenanigans

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

To be fair, Biden laying low is a good strategy for him.

He's not particularly a good public speaker. That and his campaign doesn't have any compelling or exciting message.

His best shot is doing the bare minimum.

I'm not thrilled about either.... And barring something extreme, I likely won't vote for one or the other. That's just my take.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Isn’t that the point
If Biden knocked, showed some initiative, took Trump on, offered anything, even maybe some policy, anything at all, then maybe you would vote for him?

Has Biden offered any policy outside of “Trump is dumb”. I mean even if he has offered policy it’seems lost on the “Trump is dumb” echo and that won’t win an election will it?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I love that photo of John Kennedy and the family on the porch. Rich guy connects with poor family. He looks like he really respects them as humans. President Trump connects with people from all walks of life like that too.

Great thread!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Another tale of 2 extremes.

Number of media questions answered by each candidate over the past 10 days.

Trump = 71

Biden = 3

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

is there a similar picture of trump on someones doorstep or would it just be trumps lackeys that are visiting people, can you post picture of trump on someones doorstep

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Personally I'd rather not have political activists knocking on my door at the best of times much less in a Pandemic situation so I guess Biden's team are doing the right thing given the current situation.

I wonder how many doors Trump himself has knocked compared to JFK.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Another tale of 2 extremes.

Number of media questions answered by each candidate over the past 10 days.

Trump = 71

Biden = 3

Really?

I didn't know that.

Wow!

What can the DNC *possibly* be thinking with the election less than 90 days away? Have they already conceded this election in their heart of hearts and just want to destroy anything worth a damn that's still here and loved by many, because they're have the mindset of a 2-year old?

I'm a former Marine and a very peaceful man by nature, but lately I have been having vivid dreams of my 6 weeks in Parris Island, SC 20+ yrs ago semi re-living I learned while I was there. Strange, as I don't usually even remember my dreams, but something has obviously been buzzing in my subconscious lately. I mean, WTF?

There are many people who believe we do everything in our lives for a reason.

That's a little too thin to wrap my mind around, but I have been wrong before...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Personally I'd rather not have political activists knocking on my door at the best of times much less in a Pandemic situation so I guess Biden's team are doing the right thing given the current situation.

I wonder how many doors Trump himself has knocked compared to JFK.

Not often we agre...but you nailed it. If you knock on my door im going to answer pissed off, and adjust my attitude from there based on who you are. Politics, salesmen, and religious stuff gets treated pretty harshly.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Should Trump knocked on my door, I have a very nice banana cream pie for him. Zappo, right in the kisser.
No, not really, I'd just say go away moron and then politely shut the door.
If Biden knocked on my door I'd tell him, ''pick Tulsi'' and then politely shut the door. Then open it a crack, look out and say, can you remember that, huh, can ya?'' and then close it again.
edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 05 Aug 2020 07:18:07 -0500Wed, 05 Aug 2020 07:18:07 -050020082020-08-05T07:18:07-05:00700000018 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Is someone who voted for Trump really switching sides..meh. There will be some but not enough to matter. That 4% plus of Gary Johnson and Stein from 16 though, that is a big deal. It has to go somewhere. Hard to say. Biden's policies align less with them but not by much. Have to know what do these voting blocks value the most. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
JFK was way ahead of his time - social distancing all the way back in 1960!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

No doubt.

I agree completely.

Are the polls that tight, Phage?

From where I'm sitting, Biden is leading in every poll just like HRC did in the 2016 election, but the margins this time are much narrower than during the polling done in the Trump-Clinton election.

The bookies have Biden beating Trump. Trump was big favourite though when Biden announced his presidency.

I don't think Biden needs doing much right now as Trump is doing a great job on digging his own grave each and every day by saying stupid #.

Trump needs to knock on doors more than Biden.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

No doubt.

Problem with polls is who is answering them.

Recent research has shown that a large percentage of conservatives are afraid if they express their views they will be doxed, fired, have their business destroyed, social media harassed, even get death threats. This is all justified by what they see happening all over the media to people who dare say the name Trump in a positive way, or express even the tiniest conservative viewpoint. The same research shows that the majority of liberals are not afraid to express their views. www.dailysignal.com...

I don't know a single person who is conservative who will answer a political call, they just hang up. I don't know if it is out of a justified fear of answering honestly or they just won't take calls from people they don't know, period. That's me, if I don't know the number, I don't answer, if they are legit they leave a voicemail, I call back. I won't call back any junk caller, including pollsters.

The polls, as we will see could be off by a large margin.

It's like the "popular" Queen Bee bully running for Prom Queen:

The "popular" bully's friends run around the school saying:
If you don't vote for ... or say anything nice about her opponent:
we will dox you:
will tell everyone you are a sexist:
will tell everyone you are a racist
or we'll make your life a living hell

When the friends of "popular" bully "polls" the school everyone says they are voting for the popular Queen Bee bully.

Who wins?

The funny looking girl with the weird hair who has always been one of the "unpopular" crowd (ie 90% of the student body).
Because no one likes the popular bully even though they all claim to in order to avoid being doxed, etc.

That is what we have here, the Democratic Party and it's liberal friends are running around doxing, silencing, attempting to destroy anyone, even the "little people" who dare to say something nice about conservative ideology. They have attempted to terrify the "little guy" into submission to their ideology by demanding anyone who says anything against their ideology has their life destroyed entirely.

Of course, when polled by the mainstream media who support the popular bully (Democrat Party) at every turn the "little guy" (which is the majority of the people in the US, just like in H.S.) will say they are voting for the bully out of self preservation. Those who used to look up to the bully see what the bully is doing to friends and neighbors and the intimidation tactics that abound and begin to fear rather than respect the bully, then outright disgust and dislike set in.

edit on 8/5/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Why would trump enact a door-to-door campaign during a pandemic...

Just open everything up... We can't end the virus if 1/4 of the u.s. population refuses to wear a mask or social distance.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't think retweeting and sending out a tweet is quite the same as knocking on doors.

trump thinks everyone reads his tweets. They don't...

Concerning polls...

trump is way down in even the FOX polls....FOX polls conservatives and trump is not happy. trumps favorite poll [bloomberg] that he pays attention to has him down also...

www.bloomberg.com...

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 5-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join