It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will not believe this until you try it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bigburgh

My county has a GIS map. I can find that information about every lot in the county.

It's called public records. Used to be that you had to go downtown to access it. I used it to have the tax assessor lower my assessment over two years. Got a refund of about $1,100. Took 7 years, but I got it.

I've seen that movie. Even acted in it. Was paid a smidge more than you for my starring role though...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I ended up splitting the difference from my appeal(s). That was about the most I expected. It was OK, the appraiser who handled my case was really green. He learned a few things about how it actually works and was very cordial about it.

Google Earth images helped me make my case. Bigly.

edit on 8/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Type in your address.

Number and street.
town then zipcode.

My name popped up along with a phone number and what i purchased my property for and when... it was all correct.

Even gave me every other house on my street with names, numbers and price the property was bought for too.

Edit: i did this on Google.

A Google Street view picture of my house came up along with the sale date and the sale price. No names, no numbers.

Thank God for small mercies...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Deny Ignorance

Used to mean something.

Valid point. It's no longer applicable.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

If you use a number greater than the maximum number of cases, you will get no valid results, because no-one has written an article about it.

As the numbers of cases increases, it is likely that someone has made an online post or comment about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If you use a number greater than the maximum number of cases, you will get no valid results, because no-one has written an article about it.

As the numbers of cases increases, it is likely that someone has made an online post or comment about it.

I was about to say pretty much the same thing. Think of all the cities, counties, states and countries across the globe that report their COVID19 numbers on a daily basis. That is a sh!t ton of new numbers added every day for the last six months. Every number has been that number of new cases somewhere in the world at some point during the past 6 months.

The higher the number you enter, up to the latest reported total case numbers, the less hits you will get for said number.

If you type a number higher than the recent totals and a headline comes up, that would be crazy.
edit on 8/5/2020 by Firewater because:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

....... been covered before.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both of those threads are older than a month.
So this thread is allowed.

ATSers, please continue.
On topic, of course!!

edit on Wed Aug 5 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yea this is bizzare. It may also be due to the fact that many medias have been covering the virus every single day.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I entered about 10 different numbers and it happened every time.

It gave me a location for somewhere in America. (USA)

So if I was in another country and I tried this would it give me a headline for somewhere in that country?
edit on 6-8-2020 by eyekanseaewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

From what I've read/heard, information given to utility companies or credit applications CAN become public either through 3rd party affiliations or missing a checkbox/request to NOT share with outside entities.

One helpful thing I did was to sign up for a free phone # via Google Voice which simply acts as a dumpster number. I use that number for anything/anyone requiring a phone number. There is no tie between that one and my cell or home number.

Also a majority of the spam calls are simply from robo-dialers that randomly call areacodes and prefixes similar to yours since you're most likely to answer thinking it's someone local calling.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Great idea with google voice! thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join