It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Joe Biden Having Such a Hard Time Deciding on a VP Running Mate.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy
Excellent analysis of potential candidates. We'll see if Biden sticks with Black Females.

I wonder if Biden has been informed of Susan Rice being under active investigation by U.S. Attorney John Bash (Tx)?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's not actually far off schedule... Biden is making a careful decision, that's why it is taking a while. His VP pick will forge alliances with certain groups more than others.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I think its interesting that SUSAN RICE's adult son supports President Trump.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
In his Happy Birthday wish to his "brother" Barack Obama today, Joe Biden infers that in 91 days, he's done...and will be returning to private life.

Biden to Obama: twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Khamala or Rice.

I think Rice, because she is very in tune with Obama's hold overs and her role in spygate hasn't really been blown out of proportion. Shes pretty level headed and a good speaker too.

I fear spygate and Durham will not finish in time, so Rice will not be as tarnished!

Joe's holding out as long as he can so there's little to no critique by the media or the people.

I also have $50 saying that Joe doesn't participate in the debates.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That's one way to look at it.

Or it might mean he expects to lose. He should expect to lose because of the debates. If he does them he's finished. If he ducks them Trump should be relentless that anyone scared to debate is unfit to be president every single time he speaks. That should get him beat also.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Update 4 ya: President Trump said this evening that Durham/Barr will soon be raining down Fire and Fury.

45 Second Clip of Trump: twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I think every top Democrat, including Joe Biden, is counting on vote-by-mail to be their savior. Particularly if they can flood the country with ballots and get them returned before the first debate.

That's why Joe Biden bravely and defiantly said this morning that he's looking forward to debating Donald Trump.

However, like you said, EVERYONE (including Joe himself) knows that Biden will be converted to Jello, less than half-way through debate #1.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Another reason I like Tulsi Gabbard, she will give the democrat party a chance to rebuild after Trump finished his swamp draining project after the next election.

Doubt it. He will likely pick someone that will help win a big swing state.

This is not uncommon for candidate to not have a VP puck yet. McCain did not pick a running mate until late August in 2008.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
As a Left Wing Liberal Democrat Ill give my 2 cents...

Im voting for Biden....

Knowing full well he may not last the entire presidency. He's clearly old, that being said an empty vomit covered bar stool.wpuld make a better president than our current one.

Biden and the DNC know this, so its very clear he NEEDS a VERY COMPETENT running mate who could assume the role if the unthinkable happens.

This REALLY narrows down the field... he said it would be a woman...

Kamala Harris is the easy pick, shes qualified, Intelligent and young, and would no.doubt make a respectful president...

But.... I dont like her, and she isnt what the country needs right now. Selling a former DA to the American Public in current times facing the issues were having with law enforcement and the justice system isnt such a hot idea, and IMO.. she hurts the "liberal left" turnout immensely.

Michelle Obama isnt coming out. Let nip that in the bud right there.

Tammy Duckworth... easily the most electable, and she will most assuredly be able to grab votes from conservatives. Shes also bait for Donald Trump, if he ever said anything mean about her.. he would be annihilated by both the left... and a large portion of the right.. and she is very tempting bait and Donald cant help himself... but the problem is.. shes so inexperienced and doesnt fit the bill at all on that front.

Susan Rice... meh.. great for National Security and Intelligence but shes never been elected to anything before, not really a "people person"

Which Brings me to...

Lizzy Warren... my personal pick for president. She is by far the most intelligent. She has the most detailed platform and plans than anyone who has run in the last 30 years... she is GREAT on the mic... she literally is the whole package... but... for some reason she is very polarizing, a love her/hate her cloud surrounds her and people somehow compare her to Hillary... when.. policy wise/personality/and political leaning are in a completely different Galaxy... but she still has that stigma and is a tough sell

Thats why its taking so long.. there are very clear pros and cons for each candidate and it makes it tough for any one of them to really separate

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Since the Democrats Convention is now less than 2 weeks away(Monday August 17th), Joe had better hurry up!

What do you think the problem is?

If Biden or his campaign team were smart, they would reach out to Michelle Obama for his VP pick.

That woman's favorable ratings are off the charts with American women of all races!

It would change the dynamics of this election such that instead of everyone poking fun at Uncle Feely or Sleepy Joe, the American women of this country would put Trump in the buffoon category. ANd expect their husbands/boyfriends/brothers to follow suit. They would be militant about it if they disagreed.

And if American men want to be happy going forward - remember "happy wife, happy life" - or if they simply want to have intimate relations with their wives or girlfriends *ever* again, many may just vote for the Joe Biden/Michelle Obama ticket and let the election chips fall where they may.

Never forget, all politics are local.

And it doesn't get more local than the person lying next to you in bed.

That's my $0.02 for what it's worth.

PS - A Biden/Obama ticket really scares the bejesus out of me. Women will simply pray for Biden to die or totally disintegrate mentally and we will once again have a President Obama.

Only this time it will be Madame President Obama.

Leaving jokes about her "manliness" aside for the purposes of this discussion and...well...sanity.

Thoughts?

edit on 8/5/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Since the Democrats Convention is now less than 2 weeks away(Monday August 17th), Joe had better hurry up!

What do you think the problem is?

If Biden or his campaign team were smart, they would reach out to Michelle Obama for his VP pick.

That woman's favorable ratings are off the charts with American women of all races!

It would change the dynamics of this election such that instead of everyone poking fun at Uncle Feely or Sleepy Joe, the American women of this country would put Trump in the buffoon category. ANd expect their husbands/boyfriends/brothers to follow suit. They would be militant about it if they disagreed.

And if American men want to be happy going forward - remember "happy wife, happy life" - or if they simply want to have intimate relations with their wives or girlfriends *ever* again, many may just vote for the Joe Biden/Michelle Obama ticket and let the election chips fall where they may.

Never forget, all politics are local.

And it doesn't get more local than the person lying next to you in bed.

That's my $0.02 for what it's worth.

PS - A Biden/Obama ticket really scares the bejesus out of me. Women will simply pray for Biden to die or totally disintegrate mentally and we will once again have a President Obama.

Only this time it will be Madame President Obama.

Leaving jokes about her "manliness" aside for the purposes of this discussion and...well...sanity.

Thoughts?

Joe Biden said this morning he's changed his mind about going to Milwaukee to personally accept the Dem party Nomination for President.

Maybe Michelle will be his VP, and he won't need to lift a finger to win, he thinks?

Joe's not coming to Milwaukee: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

LOL wouldn't you think a Presidential candidate always would need a very competent VP? Why now does Biden really really need a competent VP LOL.

Because he isn't gonna make through one term, think about that for a moment one term and we are supposed to just hand over the reigns of President of the United States to persons who couldn't even challenge in the Democratic primaries? It makes no sense, Americans have already judged Harris and Warren non presidential material for now LOL they got blown away by Bernie LOL.

So now we are supposed to after a year or longer and millions spent on campaigns just annoint a Susan Rice a Tammy Duckworth even a Michelle Obama the new President? Yes I know the DNC has no choice as Biden is fading fast,but it's negating all the campaigning and letting a cabal decide LOL. When really if they went by the will of the democratic voters they would have to promote Bernie Sanders as the new candidate. Otherwise the Democratic primaries were really just a complete farce.

Can't see how that doesn't piss people off, they are ignoring your vote.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: kwakakev

And for what it is worth, I don't recall Biden claiming he would choose a ''black woman''. He has stated that he is ''considering'' black women and of course he should be. However he has not said that he ''will''. From what I recall, he has stated that he will choose a ''woman of color'' and Gabbard being Samoan fits that criteria.

Why should he be?

What's the problem with choosing the candidate that best fits the role?

It has been stated numerous time in this thread already that he should be looking for the best person as a running mate. Correct? Do you agree with that, the person with the most to offer the ticket? You yourself even stated that clearly in that reply. My self, and I am sure Biden considers that some black women could becapable of best fitting the role, along with a lot of other people.

So you see, considering black women among the array of people he might choose is a natural consideration, that is unless you or others consider black women not worthy of consideration.

So can you tell me that? Do you consider that a black woman might NOT be the best choice for his VP candidate?

You missed it yet again. A black woman might be the absolute best choice. But Joe has limited his selection to ONLY that specific group. So a dude has no shot. Even if he is really the best option. If you went to a job interview and the HR director came in and said “if you are white and or male, you can leave.” Would you feel that was a fair interview?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We can count Michelle Obama out. She revealed that she is suffering from depression.

twitter.com...

Poor thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
They want to keep the vp out of the lights as late as possible.

Wait until the dirt comes in on these radicals..

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

" Biden confidants reportedly see VP list narrowed down to 2 . "

Hmm... Looks like Susan Rice or Kamala Harris . You know , the 2 Loser Women left in a Bar at Closing Time that ain't gettin' Any Lovin' that Night. Good Luck Joe Blow.........

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 5-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't think I missed anything Dude. That reply was to a poster who I think was under the impression that I thought Biden should only vet from among black women. Which is not the case. I pointed out that a cadre of black women were among the people he was vetting. His statement was not exclusive of other women but in inclusive of black women. However, he has stated that he would like to choose a woman of color, but ''color'' is not exclusively black. One that easily comes to my mind is a woman of Samoan ancestry, Tulsi.

There have always been people in this country who have said '' we are not ready''. Ready for a woman president, ready for a black president. This whine is older than I am, and I'm old, and has been used for decades and decades to not even give women a chance. So Bidens stance is simple. Blow that whiny hack out of the water and choose a woman to be his VP candidate. I"ts a pledge to break down a barrier that has been in place to long.

One of the things this nation needs is equal representation. We have not had that. Out of how many presidential candidates, how many have been women. Only one viable candidate. And VP? Only two. That is not equal representation. Biden plans to right that wrong by choosing a woman to VP. Pandering to women? Sure, maybe, but trying to right a wrong, definitely.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hillary....announced Tuesday next week....gonna happen....

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We can count Michelle Obama out. She revealed that she is suffering from depression.

twitter.com...

Poor thing.

Probably because her podcast listenership was dismal.....especially after she called Barack a negro....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join