It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Joe Biden Having Such a Hard Time Deciding on a VP Running Mate.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
the only way Biden has a chance of winning is if he promises free money to everyone.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: akiros
the only way Biden has a chance of winning is if he promises free money to everyone.

Anyone who has a basic understanding of money is against that message, too.

He'd certainly get the popular vote, since city folk don't seem to know how money works.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My guess: because they want as little time as possible for this person to be attacked in political ads. We all know that the Dem VP is the one who would ultimately sit in the Oval office if Biden were to win the election. We already know that this person "must" be a black, female candidate, and really, thats all their voters care about anyway--optics. So why would they expose this person to political scrutiny so early? Why not wait out the clock to reduce time that the republicans have to attack this unknown candidate?
edit on 4-8-2020 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My point is that no one wants to be the milestone for Joe.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

originally posted by: carewemust
Tuesday, August 4, 2020

In late June, Biden said he'd announce his VP running mate by the first of August. Didn't happen.

Late July, he said just after the 1st of August. Didn't happen.

This morning, Biden's campaign manager said Joe will be sitting down with, and getting to know the candidates in 7 to 10 days.

WASHINGTON – Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, co-chair of Joe Biden's vice president selection committee, said today,

"We have amazing women that have been a part of this process," Garcetti told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Tuesday.

"We're keeping them all, we vetted them heavily. All of them have passed a vet, and now in this next week, week and a half, Mr. Biden can spend some time with them."

Biden, who has pledged to pick a woman for the ticket, initially planned to announce his running mate the first week of August.
Source: www.usatoday.com...

Since the Democrats Convention is now less than 2 weeks away(Monday August 17th), Joe had better hurry up!

What do you think the problem is?

-CareWeMust

I think they all have issues that would disqualify them in a normal campaign cycle.

They are trying to find the least troublesome one.

That's what happens when you decide to limit your options; and be both racist and sexist in your choice...

I am amazed at how few people actually see that.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I now see why President Trump is saying so little about Joe Biden over the past couple of weeks.

twitter.com...

If this report says what I think it does, Joe Biden should be looking for his replacement...right now.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Because there really isn't anyone that the Trump admin couldn't destroy right now.

Especially on record alone.

I keep hearing Susan Rice. I'm excited to watch that reasonous bitch get hers.

Brings up a good point might be nobody really wants the job, who wants to get smacked around 3 months and not win, it's not the way to continue to climb in the DNC,likely losing here ends any future aspiration any VP candidate might have.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I now see why President Trump is saying so little about Joe Biden over the past couple of weeks.

twitter.com...

If this report says what I think it does, Joe Biden should be looking for his replacement...right now.

I read through the tweet, just can't get excited about the carrot on the stick anymore. If there is any meat it needs to shown ASAP.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Be patient. This is a difficult decision. Joe has to find someone that seems reasonable but is ready to completely end their political career. I mean, when is the last time you thought of Tim Kaine or John Edwards (who was John Kerry’s VP pick).

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: kwakakev

And for what it is worth, I don't recall Biden claiming he would choose a ''black woman''. He has stated that he is ''considering'' black women and of course he should be. However he has not said that he ''will''. From what I recall, he has stated that he will choose a ''woman of color'' and Gabbard being Samoan fits that criteria.

Why should he be?

What's the problem with choosing the candidate that best fits the role?

It has been stated numerous time in this thread already that he should be looking for the best person as a running mate. Correct? Do you agree with that, the person with the most to offer the ticket? You yourself even stated that clearly in that reply. My self, and I am sure Biden considers that some black women could becapable of best fitting the role, along with a lot of other people.

So you see, considering black women among the array of people he might choose is a natural consideration, that is unless you or others consider black women not worthy of consideration.

So can you tell me that? Do you consider that a black woman might NOT be the best choice for his VP candidate?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

Pigeonholed himself in a corner with the black woman criteria. These woman are loudmouth toxic backstabbers. Most black people don't even like them. Especially Kamala who was already busted for saying she smoked blunts listening to Snoop Dog which was proven impossible in college since it was about 10 years before Snoop Dog was even on the scene.

Thanks. I had forgotten all about that statement made by Kamala Harris. I think she consistently came in 9th place in the dim primaries, before she dropped out.

Yep, that big dummy graduated in 1989 and Snoody Dogg didn't debut until 1993.

Kamala might have been into hallucinogens' at that point in her life.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: IAMTAT

He's so close to picking a candidate he can smell her.

Maybe that part of Biden's personal vetting process.

"Joe is gonna be Joe"

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
he's waiting to see who will pay the most money, believe it.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Because who ever they choose as his VP will be the actual president if they win .

End of Story.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: kwakakev

And for what it is worth, I don't recall Biden claiming he would choose a ''black woman''. He has stated that he is ''considering'' black women and of course he should be. However he has not said that he ''will''. From what I recall, he has stated that he will choose a ''woman of color'' and Gabbard being Samoan fits that criteria.

Why should he be?

What's the problem with choosing the candidate that best fits the role?

It has been stated numerous time in this thread already that he should be looking for the best person as a running mate. Correct? Do you agree with that, the person with the most to offer the ticket? You yourself even stated that clearly in that reply. My self, and I am sure Biden considers that some black women could becapable of best fitting the role, along with a lot of other people.

So you see, considering black women among the array of people he might choose is a natural consideration, that is unless you or others consider black women not worthy of consideration.

So can you tell me that? Do you consider that a black woman might NOT be the best choice for his VP candidate?

The thing is it shows uncertainty if he/they have trouble doing this how is he/they handles other much more difficult questions and problems. At its core a democratic leftist President/administration has too many extremes it must pander too, even more so with Biden and it is showing.
edit on 4-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Is he picking them on merit or on gender? How does excluding half of the human race from being eligible to be a running mate boost confidence?

I mean would you rather have the best person for the job that happens to be a women or the only person possible for the job is a women? Get my drift here?

Why does the gender of the running mate even matter?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What do you think the problem is?

He has gone through the candidates and none of them want to be on the ticket with him because they know he hasn't a chance in hell to be elected president.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Because who ever they choose as his VP will be the actual president if they win .

End of Story.

Yes, that's exactly it ! Hopefully enough people realize this isn't a game that can be won by the weak of Heart ! God Bless America...

edit on 4-8-2020 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It isn't unusual to announce in the last few days leading up to the convention. Since the convention was rescheduled from July to August, not surprising that the VP choice hasn't been announced. Waiting gives press and voters and ct's plenty more time to contemplate candidates.

What a gift to the Trump Campaign: Susan “Spontaneous Protest” Rice as Biden's running mate. A Biden/Rice ticket sounds too much like a third term for BO. How uninspiring. Rice offers no electoral college cachet. But, Rice fell on her sword for the Obama Administration by being the front person for that silly spontaneous protest nonsense. She does have a chit to discharge/redeem.

Both Biden and Harris have baggage from past positions on incarceration being the panacea for crime reduction. That’s a lot of malarky to ’splain away, especially during the summer of hate. He can take California without her.

Keisha Bottoms has potential to turn Georgia blue for 2020, maybe even drag along another southern red state (sarc). Trump’s 2016 win in Georgia was narrow enough that Bottoms should stimulate sufficient 2020 voter turnout to make a difference.

Former Philadelphia Mayor Richard Nutter rolled up his sleeves and tackled police reform and city school reform after he was elected. He’d bring big city ‘administrative’ chops to the position of Vice President. Clinton lost Pennsylvania in 2016 largely on the Philadelphia-suburban vote going pink/red. Nutter could solve that in 2020.

My periscope moves to US Senator Tammy Baldwin (D. Wisconsin). Young (comparatively speaking). Lesbian. Progressive and supports universal health care (gains necessary nod from Sanders/Warren). Flips Wisconsin (after Trump snatched state in 2016 by only 23K votes). And, is known for ability to reach across the aisle. Downside: Vacancies for Wisconsin US Senate seats are not filled by interim gubernatorial appointment, but by special election held 8-9 weeks after a special election is ordered. That risks the US Senate seat going red, should a Biden/Baldwin ticket win. Not sure Democrats want to take that risk.

Fifty-six years after MLK dreamed that someday his children would be judged on content of character, not on skin color, Biden would be foolish to pander to minorities by choosing a candidate simply because of race. Irks me that he stated he'd choose a woman. How about the most qualified, be it a Black man, white woman, Black woman, whomever.

But what a glorious s.s. if he chooses Rice. I may acquiesce and spontaneously tune in for a debate if it is Pence v. Rice.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

End of Story.

Good point. Joe Biden said himself last year that he needs someone who can take over quickly, because he's so old.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join