It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut hit by massive explosion wounding several and damaging buildings

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Look at this video , is it real or fake
looks like some ordnance going in to cause the big explosion

be aware the audio is pretty loud

beirut explosion

Wow, that sure did look like a strike, never seen that in any of the numerous other clips

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i posted this earlier on another thread

to my intellectual mind...

this shows Proof of a Bunker Buster bomb .... but Who delivered the MOAB/Bunker Buster ???

the list of countries that will benefit from an escalation of combat is long... and not limited to Russia/Israel/USA/Turkey/Iran/UK

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

which leads me to believe that its CGI and fake

cant see any sign of it in all the other footage captured

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The clip is in negative, you see a white streak jet right into the mix, so as Sapien said..is this real?..kinda looks to be, but could be edited in.

I'm reserving judgement but my mind is open to the possibility.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod

which leads me to believe that its CGI and fake

cant see any sign of it in all the other footage captured

Yes, I hear ya, one difference is this clip is reversed/negative, would that make the object more visible?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nephilim37

The three black objects at one and two second mark. Birds, fake or dubbed tape? She also has another video out with similar things. Yes many are birds but many are not.
edit on 6-8-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Wow, that sure did look like a strike, never seen that in any of the numerous other clips

Take a look at all the other crap on that person's Instagram and then tell me this is real.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There's a non- reversed version out there that was posted that you can see it's a bird. There isn't any clear evidence of any kind of munition.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Israel didn't have anything to do with it.

Do you have anything on @abirghattas? She has a couple of videos on YouTube and Twitter @ 04Aug2020 and one wonders whether they were dubbed or faked. She does have an axe to grind and I see birds in her videos but then there are other things much faster. That would track with the statement with a professor at American University in Beirut. Flight path is dead on.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Israel didn't have anything to do with it.

Okay? I never said that they did.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Regardless, China's largest port in Tianjin was demolished On Aug 12th, 2015. Just shy of 5 years later, on Aug 4th, 2020, Lebanon had its largest port in Beirut destroyed.

Negligence of leaving ammonium nitrate lying was the cause in both cases. So nothing to be alarmed over... It's all coincidence.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

On 12 August 2015, a series of explosions killed 173 people, according to official reports, and injured hundreds of others at a container storage station at the Port of Tianjin.[2] The first two explosions occurred within 30 seconds of each other at the facility, which is located in the Binhai New Area of Tianjin, China.[3] The second explosion was far larger and involved the detonation of about 800 tonnes of ammonium nitrate (336 tons TNT equivalent).[4] Fires caused by the initial explosions continued to burn uncontrolled throughout the weekend, resulting in eight additional explosions on 15 August. Of the 173 fatalities, 104 were firefighters.

edit on 6-8-2020 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Slow that negative video down and look at it frame by frame. You can see right away that it is fake.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It is not stupidity at play here, it is utter unprofessional neglect.
They were warned about that oxidizer stored there every year since 2013, by a port agency that did not have the power to force them to move it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

It is not stupidity at play here, it is utter unprofessional neglect.
They were warned about that oxidizer stored there every year since 2013, by a port agency that did not have the power to force them to move it.

Even after lessons were learned in Tianjin, they left it there. Negligence kills nearly as much as ignorance.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They should have given it away, the company that was transporting went out of business, so they weren't going do anything about it. It was up to the port authority to get rid of it, even it was was for free. It was tying up valuable warehouse space plus it was super dangerous. Somebody mentioned the building beside it has sized explosives, who decided those two things should be so close to each other, or was so lazy they didn't care.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That nitrate sat there for 6 years, original owners were scared off since it was known to be destined for ied’s you know where.

So after all that time someone felt it was safe to get it, fire was cover, bad guys dead and a little more collateral damage than thought, a lot of CYA going on like you wouldn’t believe for country involved

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Look at this video , is it real or fake
looks like some ordnance going in to cause the big explosion

be aware the audio is pretty loud

beirut explosion

They are both faked videos with the munitions inserted. The people that do this need their heads examined.

See following for original videos.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

yeh I thought so , as the numerous other videos dont show any such object striking the site

I agree its almost begging for international hype and is like warmongering a bit , that and its kinda not nice to make up # about the death of so many people and confuse the issue .

just have to rule out this bull# , still strange day for the world with multiple accidents all over with fires and bombs

6 places I think recently
edit on 6-8-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I still have yet to see anyone address the fact the one wall of the building housing the explosive is still standing.....

You have the wrong building. That is the remnants of the grain silo.

See following sat images. The grain silo is ringed in yellow. The white arrow is the warehouse where the Ammonium Nitrate was stored.

Grain Silo - Yellow arrow

White box - Location of AN storage warehouse

I would also suggest that the initial explosion cracking that group of grain silos open was a kicker to make this explosion even more powerful. Grain silos explode on their own all the time, these getting ripped open like beer cans just added to the power of the blast.

One good thing in this whole mess is that they now have a larger water port to turn big ships around in.

Those were defiantly NOT fireworks cooking off. Those were bullets. You could even hear the Belt fed ammo going off at once.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
They should have given it away, the company that was transporting went out of business, so they weren't going do anything about it. It was up to the port authority to get rid of it, even it was was for free. It was tying up valuable warehouse space plus it was super dangerous. Somebody mentioned the building beside it has sized explosives, who decided those two things should be so close to each other, or was so lazy they didn't care.

They could have easily got rid of it and every terrorist under the sun would have been helping themselves to it so this whole it was fertilizer excuse is BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join