It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claiming USPS losing money on Amazon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

how and the hell can you connect Amazon and mail in ballots? Maybe we could connect Amazon and Uncle Joes mental condition, makes as much sense.

fortune.com...
He is right were loosing 1.46 on each package shipped one poster here said Amazon screwed him on every thing he shipped when he was a seller.

edit on 4-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

Yes but don't forget they are ran by idiots.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If Amazon pays the USPS less to deliver a package they they pay FedEx, UPS, etc., then the USPS is loosing money. Period.

If they are charging less than what the market is paying elsewhere, they are losing potential income. It's one thing to be competitive; it's entirely another to throw away opportunity to make a decent and honest profit.
:
edit on 2020 8 04 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: matafuchs

The problem with pensions is we are the only company ever to have to fully fund its retirement billions and have a time limit to do it.

How many years does it take to be fully vested in to the fund?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Then i want my postage free too. I deliver it to the post office and drop it inside in that slot. Why can't i get the same deal? I pay my taxes too.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

qz.com...

Here's an interesting article.

By law, the USPS has to charge competitive products at least enough to cover 5.5% of “institutional/fixed costs,” a slightly fuzzy definition that tries to account for a level of marginal-cost allocation for competitive products. UBS points out that this figure sounds low when compared to the size of the package business (in revenue terms) but it’s not when you consider that a large part of what’s required to deliver a package is needed for the monopoly mail service anyway.

Competitive products are more than meeting this 5.5% requirement, according to UBS. In 2017, the minimum revenue requirement from competitive products was $1.6 billion, while the actual contribution was $6.8 billion, leaving an excess contribution of $5.2 billion.

So according to this USPS has to cover 5.5% of expenses by law. And in 2017 they surpassed the requirement by $5b.

And Amazon represents around 25% of this revenue, making them very likely the biggest customer for competitive products.

So Amazon makes up for a quarter of their competitive product category. Yet if the data above is true then Amazon is turning a profit. If Amazon decides to stop using USPS then USPS will be in trouble.

Clearly Trump is lying.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If they ran USPS like a real business maybe they could make a profit? Wouldn't that be crazy if they actually made money, but as people said they are basically not a for profit company and they have a very bloated system just like our education system is bloated past any point of actually being financially efficient.

And this is what is going to happen: President Trump will help reform the USPS to BE a profitable company by making it run like a business. That is my prediction.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'd say 99% of my Amazon deliveries arrives by UPS, which has a contract with Amazon btw. FedEx cancelled working with Amazon in 2019.

I guess I don't think Trump knows what he's talking about in this instance....or else I am completely clueless here which wouldn't surprise me to either scenario.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

And this is what is going to happen: President Trump will help reform the USPS to BE a profitable company by making it run like a business. That is my prediction.

Well I hope he does the same with the educational system too. It is crazy that a charter school can provide higher quality education, pay their teachers more by a good amount, AND make profit too... Crazy...lol

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

President Trump will help reform the USPS to BE a profitable company by making it run like a business.

Government agencies are not a business. Never were, were never meant to be, never will be.

But you're talking about a man who has how many bankruptcies under his belt?

edit on 8/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

We get paid a flat rate per parcel no matter how big or small. Like I said earlier we're going to the addresses regardless if we have amazon or not.

don't know about where your at or anywhere else in the country, been awhile since i went anywhere and paid attention to the mail carriers.

here in my county, 95% of the carriers use their own vehicles. my carrier has bought 4 new/used larger vehicles every year for the past 3 years. his newest one is one of those big ass ugly dodge work vans. i asked him why he kept getting new ones. he told me he couldn't put all the packages in his old ones and had to keep going back to the post office and load up again. said that this newest one is starting to get overloaded.

no way USPS can make money having to keep on returning multiple times a day to load up again.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, education is another story. Educational Systems are much bigger political footballs.
Trump knows business and Transportation and delivery is a mainstream business.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Point being, he will remove the USPS from the US government and help to make it a pubic entity.
There is no denying President Trumps business savy.
He has his successes and failures. Even Buffet has screwed up more times than President Trump.
(remembering Buffet recently bought a coal mine.)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah in the UK we get couriers through and through. It used to be solely a freelancer/zero hours and their car but now it’s almost always an Amazon branded van, from 8am till 9-10pm, sometimes same day delivery. We’re good as we have an open porch but have heard some stupid delivery decisions - a Breaking Bad style pizza on the roof situation comes to mind.

I’m sure as more and more depots open across the US it will go this way too,

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Point being, he will remove the USPS from the US government and help to make it a pubic entity.
How will he do that? The same way he was going to have cable new channels' FCC licenses revoked?

There is no denying President Trumps business savy.
He's a developer who had millions of dollars in backing. That doesn't take much "savy", but a lack of ethical constraints doesn't hurt.

As far as his deal making skills, how that been working out? China? North Korea?

edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

To be a developer that can generate any income, you have to be business savvy. At least to some degree.

Im in a line of work that has me exposed to quite a few developers (i work for one), and I work on quite a few development projects. If you are a complete moron, you won't be able to navigate through the legal requirements, the audits, drum up the interest for cash calls from investors, manage the capital stack on multimillion dollar projects, etc.

You can try to make him sound stupid. And he may be....but he would be the only person who was a moron that I ever met that was able to get projects off the ground and keep them there.

Yes, he has bad projects. That happens, and its the entire reason you protect yourself with LLC's, etc. Things go bankrupt, it happens. Its akin to a scientist who has this theory disproven....failure is a part of life.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It takes no extraordinary ability, given the amount of backing at his disposal (and through no effort of his own).

If you are a complete moron, you won't be able to navigate through the legal requirements, the audits, drum up the interest for cash calls from investors, manage the capital stack on multimillion dollar projects, etc.
That's why he hires people like Michael Cohen. He can't be bothered. And, like I said, ethical concerns are not his so that makes things easier still.

You're right, he may not be stupid, I didn't say he is. But he's no genius and he sure says a lot of stupid stuff.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

His second 4 years will be a lot more powerful than the first 4, not having to worry about a re-election and after he takes care of those that desperately tried to get rid of him.

Hey, I am going to be just a pure realist about the whole situation. President Trump will be re-elected.
Instead of all the wordy diatribes about it, and no matter who says what, that is what is going to happen.
So, I will make my future investments based upon that.
Let's all check notes in March of 2021, hoping that ATS can last that long.
edit on 6-8-2020 by charlyv because: who cares

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

His second 4 years will be a lot more powerful than the first 4, not having to worry about a re-election and after he takes care of those that desperately tried to get rid of him.

All he cares about, and has ever cared about, is himself. He will continue to be ineffectual and purely self interested. And he will continue to say idiotic things. He can't help it. His insecurity demands it.

Hey, I am going to be just a pure realist about the whole situation. Trump will be re-elected.
Up until about 3 months ago, I would have agreed with you.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You are a very smart guy Phage. I know you have recent problems with him, but the fact remains... look who he is going to run against... Nothing can fix that unless something happens that knocks him off the Dem ticket.

So, where do we go?

This pandemic added to the civil unrest and the violent incidents around a world take a toll on all of us.
I have noticed it in many of the "chairs" of ATS, and in myself as well.

We are at the point where the big picture is all we must focus on. My philosophy has always been that the root causes were in the minutia... but the world now seems to ignore root cause, and is on a whole other agenda. We need to adapt to stay in the game. This gives us license to bitch about it with the authority that we are on the record as understanding it all a lot better than many others. Now, the reprimands seem to fall on a majority of deaf ear.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join