It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Trump run unopposed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Note!!! I don't think this will happen but....

What if someone or Joe himself throws in the towel? Would the DNC have another in line to take his place? Or will they call it a wash and just hand the election over to Trump? In the months to come, things will not get better for Joe or the DNC. At least that's what I'm seeing.

Last time that happened was in 1820 with James Monroe. George Washington also ran unopposed.

At this point, as crazy as 2020 is, anything is possible. What do you think?

Well, instead of offering personal opinion, you could just google up the election rules, you know. Or election history. There is a lot of precedence for this, including for "what happens if the candidate dies before election."

(and no, Biden's not going to "throw in the towel.")

Pick your favorite search engine and "have at it."

Oh... and Washington and Monroe did NOT run unopposed - as any internet search engine can show you.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Exactly
From the outside perspective Trump comes across as something of a highly intelligent man ...

I take it that either you are not reading the transcripts of his interviews or that English is not your first language -- or both.

It begins early with "TRUMP: No, no. But I don't say -- I say flames, we'll put out the flames. And we'll put out in some cases just burning embers. We also have burning embers. We have embers and we do have flames. Florida became more flame like, but it's -- it's going to be under control."

(Highly intelligent? Really?)

You can read the whole thing here

Compare his interview with George Bush in 2007

Quote from Bush: "You know, Juan, I haven't been briefed by the Pentagon yet. One of the things I've learned is not to react to first reports off the battlefield. I will tell you, though, that this fight is an indication of what is taking place, and that is the Iraqis are beginning to take the lead, whether it be this fight that you've just reported on where the Iraqis went in with American help to do in some extremists that were trying to stop the advance of their democracy, or the report that there's militant Shia had been captured or killed. In other words, one of the things that I expect to see is the Iraqis take the lead and show the American people that they're willing to the hard work necessary to secure their democracy, and our job is to help them."

Notice that Bush can maintain a train of thought for more than two consecutive sentences... and that his sentences are longer than 7-8 words.

You may wish to reassess your metrics for "highly intelligent"... but first, I suggest you read and compare the two transcripts.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Exactly From the outside perspective Trump comes across as something of a highly intelligent man......

He comes across as extremely articulate and wise too.

You are taking the piss there aren't you mate?
Seriously, that must have been said tongue in cheek?

The man struggles to complete a full sentence, they usually end up in 'erm', 'well', 'you know' and other mumblings and ramblings.
If it hasn't be scripted then he's incapable of completing any sort of reasoned sentence or paragrapth etc.
Have you forgotten his mountain of mis-speaks and foot-in-mouthisms?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Biden is fit for Office either.

Our colonial cousins have a truly appalling choice come November - nearly as bad as the choices we had in December!

ETA.

I see someone far more qualified to do so beat me to the punch and sort of made the same point I tried to but only far more eloquently.
edit on 4/8/20 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is Obama doing the counting this time around, considering he somehow managed to campaign in 57 states?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Will Trump even be the GOP candidate?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn
Is Obama doing the counting this time around, considering he somehow managed to campaign in 57 states?

Counting correctly is not a requirement for the role of President.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Exactly From the outside perspective Trump comes across as something of a highly intelligent man......

He comes across as extremely articulate and wise too.

You are taking the piss there aren't you mate?
Seriously, that must have been said tongue in cheek?

ETA.

I see someone far more qualified to do so beat me to the punch and sort of made the same point I tried to but only far more eloquently.

Nah mate I really do think Trump is a breath of fresh air after decades of the same old old wher USA Presidents have sold out local manufacturing to asia.

Surely you should acknowledge a man who has actually done things to stem the tide of off shoring everything while watching local communities in industrial zones be cast off to the end result of doom and gloom an ddrug abuse and general decline. We both live north of Brum, both seen the effects of de-industrialisation of that zone, surely someone like Trump would be good over here as all I see when I see Boris is just another clone of the same old same old PM's who are totally stuck up the arse of the City to provide maximum dividends for the Surrey Set whatever the result on our communities.

I can do an ETA too................ Been on this site for many years even more than shown and indeed sometimes wonder why but it's been a wonderfull experience generally and learnt / learning so much from the efforts of posters on here and over a decade or more I've come to realise no one can do it more eloquently than Freeborn

edit on 4-8-2020 by ufoorbhunter because: FB's writings make one feel alive

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am talking recent history, probably should have explained that
I can’t believe Hilary was so incompetent that she allowed a tv reality clown win a presidential election

She didn't.

The Electoral College did.

Sorry Byrd, it was Hilary, blame anyone else but never her is the party line.
Her arrogance cost her the election, she didn’t think she could lose and she didn’t even try to win peoples support
She was ill and never went out on the campaign trail
Hilary said stupid things and offered no policy
She appealed to her own supporters and neglected everyone else

Hilary got exactly what she deserved, utterly and completely humiliated.

She is a loser, she lost, her incompetence and worse, lost to Trump

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Notice that Bush can maintain a train of thought for more than two consecutive sentences... and that his sentences are longer than 7-8 words.

Well, yeah, but Bush didn't do it yugely. Or even bigly.

And he didn't make the Israeli's pay for the war in Iraq. And what about all that covfefe? Who's going to clean that mess up?

Inquiring minds want to know...

🤔😵

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Tekaran

They have to toss an old white man out there with a black female VP and tell their followers about how Trump is a racist. Even if the old white guy has decades of failed government, no succession, and didn't support civil rights. None of that matters as long he picks a black girl and says Trump's a racist.

You forget to mention Joe's dementia.

Just saying...

Come on now, Joe has his good points.

He's doing great for a guy with one major brain surgery and several brain bleeds.

His values match so very clearly those of all Democrats and the Democratic Party as demonstrated through the years.

Just because he is nearly an octogenarian who can't speak off script/teleprompter without getting lost, look at all he has said and done through the years to make him the perfect representative for the Democratic Party!

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That scenario would be the end of the Democrat party.

They failed to run a candidate against what they push as the president in american history.

Speaks volumes towards their incompetence.

The Democrat Establishment would rather 4 more years of Donald Trump than a Bernie Sanders presidency. The fear of Bernie & AOC among the right is laughable considering the establishment dems hate them too; just as much, if not more so. I think Trump & his handlers know this, and I think they thank their lucky stars every damn day that the DNC rigged it against Sanders... again.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Just because he is nearly an octogenarian who can't speak off script/teleprompter without getting lost.....

Whereas Trump can?

Check out the video andy made in this post, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or if you can't be arsed here it is

Or how about this;

Or this;

Pot/Kettle springs to mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join