It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Fired ! Time for this apprentice to leave the show

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Why do you make the statement that trump did not trust the interviewer?
Given that he doesn't....( not sure what your grounds are for that ) ....but given that he is a mistrusted fake news media hound. Then that sort of echos my initial questions in the op.

Why would the administration agree to this if they knew he was going in for a ' gotcha ' type interview.

Forget that you hate a man named Donald Trump and watch it again. He is apprehensive from the start. The very first question concerns Trump's "positivity" and claims it has hurt the country! Positivity hurting the country?

He wants to know why Trump said he wishes Maxwell well... why would you wish such a monster well? Why wouldn't the President of the United States stoop to condemning someone to hell without a trial? Because if he did, the media would paint him as a monster that goes around condemning people without a trial.

That's just a couple of the "gotcha" questions... questions that cannot be answered as asked without implicating oneself on something. Remember the old school days question: "have you quit beating your girlfriend yet?" There's no way to answer that because it is based on a false narrative that assumes one has been beating their girlfriend. Answer "yes" and you admit you were beating her; answer "no" and you admit you are still beating her. Same thing, but in this case point out that you never beat her and suddenly you are "pathetic."

As to why would he agree to this interview? Isn't it obvious? If he stops giving interviews for anyone but FOX, he will be attacked for that, as well as being unable to speak to the people who despise FOX because they think FOX lies for him. Do you want a President who only goes to news outlets he likes? Or someone who is actually willing to take on people with an agenda against him?

This is a good time to mention that for years I heard about how we needed "transparency" in government, because the government was doing crooked things behind the scenes... OK, you got transparency. You get interviews with the hardest gotcha questions I have ever heard, regular tweets saying what's on the President's mind, and you are attacking him for being transparent! I can only assume that from this moment forward, no matter who is in office, you will demand that they hide behind a wall of secrecy and never tell the public what's really going on.

Or you can be a hypocrite.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I'm exactly a religious or spiritual person, but I do seem to recall in the Old Testament something about people wanting kings and expecting perfection and all that, and a smart/good man saying screw that.

I guess things haven't really changed.

You have to be either totally full of yourself, or completely stupid to want to have your life put on blast 24/7.

Oh.. well that sums it up pretty nicely.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

and his running mate favourite....

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Some things are very important to trump.
Pandemics though.....meh...
it is what it is.

Here you go again.

Context: what are your thoughts on John Lewis? That was the question. The answer? Trump doesn't have many thoughts one way or the other because he didn't know John Lewis. Why not? Because John Lewis hated Trump, to the point he was one of the Congressmen who boycotted the inauguration. Now, how is anyone supposed to get to know someone with that attitude? Have the Secret Service kidnap him and drop him off in the Oval office hogtied to a chair, so the President can have a friendly chat with him?

Nope, the man didn't like me, he didn't attend my inauguration, I never got a chance to know him, so I don't have any thoughts about him one way or another.

Incidentally, I liked his answer about renaming that bridge the "John Lewis Bridge." Trump doesn't care and neither do I. It actually seems sorta appropriate to me. Of course, if that is done we can all get to see the cancel culture mob blow it up in the name of BLM, right?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Why wouldn't the President of the United States stoop to condemning someone to hell without a trial?

Why wouldn't the President of the United States not say something like, 'If these allegations are true she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. We do not tolerate people who abuse children'.

Why is it his idiot comment of wishing her well or the equally idiotic comment of condemnation without a trial the dichotomy? Is it because he's an idiot who doesn't have a grasp of subtly or nuance and can only do the most binary of answers?

edit on 5-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Rice would be the preferred option for me since she's obviously going to be President at some point over the next four years and is not completely insane.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Why wouldn't the President of the United States not say something like, 'If these allegations are true she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. We do not tolerate people who abuse children'.

Fair enough. That would have been a better answer. If he wasn't still trying to respond to the previous question to point out the false narrative behind it, that might have been his answer.

I noticed he looked a bit surprised when it was asked. Maybe he should only allow questions he wants to answer? You think that would help?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Maybe he should only allow questions he wants to answer? You think that would help?

That's what guests on talk shows do, I think the President should be able to speak extemporaneously and if something is off limits say so and why.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Speaking of hypocrites...........

There are a few people around who are well aware as to the reason that the trump administration will between now and november be willing to leave the comfort of Fox and Friends, biased, ki$$- aSS type of interview style, and venture out into the real world with real questions.
He is on the campaign trail !! Duh !

Coronavirus has put paid to his freaky rallies, so what options does he have ?
A covid briefing a few times a week ain't gonna cut it.

You think that trump knows what is going on ?
He would be the first potus in a long while that did !

He is campaigning, his optics need a lot of work.
Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Trump wanted to make it extra clear how he hoped that the same fate that met "her boyfriend", Jeffry Epstein, doesn't happen to her. He knows her, because "Palm Beach", and he sure hopes nothing happens to her, like that, sure would be a shame if it did.

Message received!

edit on 5-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Right, I forgot he was playing 44D chess.

Like the postponed election???

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well, of course he's campaigning. He's been campaigning since he got elected... all elected officials do.

That's a "duh."

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Rice would be the preferred option for me since she's obviously going to be President at some point over the next four years and is not completely insane.

I’m for Rice too.

I’ve been hanging out in political forums since 1999.

One thing I remember is comments about Rice’s intelligence. After the current administration, intelligence will be refreshing.

Also, her name is “Simple American”. I know that sounds shallow & narrow-minded — but, voters . . .

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Because it could very well be seen as influencing the jury by the defense?? Maybe??

The President comes out and says things like: "I think she should hang!!" Or "'If these allegations are true she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. We do not tolerate people who abuse children'."

He shouldn't have said anything at all. But then someone would have taken offense to that as well. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. So he attempts, fails rather dismally, to stay in the middle. ...and to no one's surprise, people take offense to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why wouldn't the President of the United States stoop to condemning someone to hell without a trial?

Why is it his idiot comment of wishing her well or the equally idiotic comment of condemnation without a trial the dichotomy? Is it because he's an idiot who doesn't have a grasp of subtly or nuance and can only do the most binary of answers?

I'd say that's likely why.
edit on 582020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
See, this is how you can recognize partisan Hackery. Know the difference between trumpettes and most liberals? Most liberals can easily recognize the fact that while trump is a very clear and obvious imbecile, well.....Biden is too. Yeah, it’s true. We know it. Biden is a stupid, sleazy, possibly pedo scumbag. There’s no illusions there. We just think trump is a Worse, More dangerous, stupid, sleazy, possibly pedo scumbag.

Trumpettes, on the other hand, think that an ignorant imbecile actually spouts genius and #s gold. So this isn’t really about trump, or Biden, it’s about them.

Another issue is this. The right wing has bought the bs, and sees the left wing PEOPLE as the enemy and the problem. Whereas reasonable people know that it’s not the right wing civilians, or the left, that are the problem, it’s all the damn greedy ambitious congressmen and senators from both sides.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Because it could very well be seen as influencing the jury by the defense?? Maybe??

I 100% disagree that a statement like that somehow influences the jury, which is why I made sure to add 'if true'.

The President comes out and says things like: "I think she should hang!!" Or "'If these allegations are true she should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. We do not tolerate people who abuse children'."

Those two comments aren't even in the same ballpark.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I'd say that's likely why.

I'd say it's that too, the guy is a stream of consciousness jack a nut.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Yeah, a billionaire idiot who happens to be our President. Wow!!

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

It would be cool if you didn't try to speak for all Liberals. I know quite a few who actually think Biden is worse than Trump.

And that's how you call out partisan hackery.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join