It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Fired ! Time for this apprentice to leave the show

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Just for laughs, I can't help but wonder how many of y'all would do in a similar situation...being interviewed on TV, or the interwebs for thousands if not millions of people watching.

Personally? I'd be amazed if I didn't stumble a few times, and I've actually taken courses in public speaking. It ain't all that easy...in fact, it can be damned scary, and hard.

But y'all knew that, right?? Or are such seasoned speakers that you wouldn't be phased in the slightest??

Trump didn't get rich by being an idiot. Poor public speaking skills are not a sign, in and of themselves, of idiocy.

I don't like the man. But using this as a sign of anything other than a lack of speaking skills is somewhat lacking.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
With this lack of basic mathematical knowledge, one can wonder how Trump got rich in the first place...

Incredible

This is probably one of the most ignorant statements I have read on here. I don't think people nowadays know what being a good leader means.
Because of TV and movies and PC culture and pure childish idiocy, a lot see to think a leader has to be a perfect human being.
He/she has to be educated to the hilt, know everything, spell perfectly and know grammar like no one else.
They have to have a non orange skin tone and an ugly wife/husband.
Oh and they have to have a PHD in maths on top.

Let me tell you that Einstein was numerically dyslexic. Alexander the great was a hot head who couldn't have cared about numbers. Julius Caesar liked the ladies and I don't know how good he was with spelling.

See how inane this is?

A good leader is one that you can relate to because he is just human. He might even be illiterate or have no ideas about maths and yet, he/she can be a common sense/logic person with a decent amount of knowledge in their fields and extreme experience in the business world.
To make a good deal, to be streetwise, to be on the ball and to get rich does not require perfection. It needs abilities that you or I don't have but they do.

Others you may wonder how they got their fortune despite being 'common' or have no education, like Lord Sugar [started as a kid selling stuff], no great education at all, says it as it is.

I personally couldn't think of any other more suited President to the USA who has these amazing gut-feeling, chance taking, life experience in business than Mr. Trump.

All the way he is still down to earth and I can laugh at cofeve without malice, because it was hilarious.

I still don't have ONE item that makes 'Trump exactly like Hitler'. Trump runs the USA like a business that he doesn't want to go down. And he is doing a marvellous job, despite the 'open mouth' fools crying and ripping their hair out, hating his orange skin and the way he talks or types but can't come up with anything really worthy noting...

The USA under the other sjw's available would sink into a 3rd world status within a week. Adults can't let this happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I'm using the word rally in a sense to bring people together behind him. Look, this was a huge platform for him to demonstrate that he was in control, had complete command over the facts and knew what he was doing. He didn't communicate any of that in my opinion.

and it should be obvious to even you how petty you are.

Okay, I'm petty because you and I disagree. Fine.

My point here was that the President should be able to offer a better retort for 1,000 + dead Americans a day than to say, "it is what it is". If you think that's acceptable, I suppose we differ on what constitutes a good leader.

That wasn't my only point though - scrambling with graphs whilst trying to incoherently explain them, saying the US was "lower than the world" in cases, not being able to understand cases by population rather than total cases. This was a display of ineptitude, nothing less.

He's giving an interview and you expect him to morph a different emotion with every new question?

Nope, not what I said at all. He should've been able to dispassionately articulate the facts both clearly and concisely. He couldn't.

You don't need to define integrity for me either - I used it correctly, and I don't think Trump exuded integrity during this interview.

Here's an observation; if Biden gave this same interview, verbatim, you'd be all over him. You'd call out his every foolish utterance, and rightly so. But when it's Trump, you seem to force yourself to defend every little mistake as though your life depended on it, and it makes absolutely no sense to me. People are imperfect, Trump performed poorly during this interview. It is what it is...

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

Point taken you get extra credit for decorum and nobody
has to jump on Biden because he is just one big foolish
utterance. He can barely talk now. Very sad really but
he's scum and a crook.

And it isn't my life that I do if I do defend Trump for. I've
had a hell of life already and it isn't winded yet. I worry
about my grand kids but really every kid I see. We lose
Trump our kids won't have the country we have. And that
scares the hell out of me. so you can imagine why I come
off in such manner. think how I see it when you put pervie
Joe in the same ring with Trump.

I can't even fathom how anyone can do that?

Hammer away at Trump if you show me better.
Otherwise?
edit on 5-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, I find the interview like all interactions with media incredibly toxic. The amount of gotcha attempts and trump handled it pretty well considering all that’s happening in the country right now and how much he must be involved with. Joe biden, the only alternate is a joke of a candidate, I dont see many really supporting him, more supporting anything but trump. So, like last horse race, trump is the best option we have to vote for. Unless you want all the changes we’ve been seeing to come directly from the mouth of government and be enforced by the scary stormtroopers, instead of brought upon us by terrorism and propeganda artists... like the creator of this interview!

I don’t give stars for poorly formed opinions, and yours was formed without ever seeing trump in the interview.
a reply to: cosmickat

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yes he has charts and is completely incompetent and unable to explain them because he's a moron in chief. Bonespurs is a coward sociopath and is supported by the dumbest portion of the electorate.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Trump was there...least it looked like him, he talked about his inauguration...so ...musta been trump !

I actually thought that Swan flattered him too much during the interview. He didn't hit out with ' gotcha ' questions at all...in fact, he allowed trump so many opportunities to say something...anything! ...slightly presidential.
But no...trump failed miserably to offer one iota of statesmanship.
He is a narcissistic man child.

Thanks for the reply.
Have a star...for participating.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, I listened to the interview.

What I saw was Trump agreed to do an interview with a reporter he doesn't trust. He was on the defensive from the first word. Can't say I like that, but I also can't say I don't understand it.

Now, look, everyone... I know this is the mud pit and all anyone wants to do is talk about how evil the orange one is and how dumb the orange one is and how silly the orange one is and how we should have a better President. I get that. I tried talking civilly and what was the response? "Trump is worse than mashed taters." OK, no reason or logic will be used in this thread, got it.

Now get this: I WILL use reason and logic, and if someone doesn't like it, that's just too damn bad. You can go scratch your mad spot if you don't like it.

Seems like people want to take this interview as something that has no relationship whatsoever to the past. Don't work like that. In the hellos, both Trump and the interviewer mentioned they had spoken before. That in itself ties this to the last interview. If someone steals from me once, I will likely never trust them again and will lock all my valuables up if they come around me again. If Trump were not suspicious of how a seemingly simple question would be spun into something completely different, I would worry about his sanity.

Several times the interviewer would ask a question based on a false assumption and Trump would then attempt to point out that false assertion. The response from the interviewer was always, "that wasn't my question." Well, too bad, hot shot, your question was based on a falsehood and is moot unless that falsehood is addressed. Want a straight answer? Ask a straight question.

I caught the blurb about "it is what it is." Whoa, were the comments about that one taken out of context! The point being put forth, to counter the coming gotcha about how badly he handled the virus he handled so well, was that the virus happened outside of his control. Trump had nothing to do with it. He didn't cause it, he didn't spread it, he didn't prevent a cure. What he did was attempt to isolate it as best he could, and he provided massive amounts of assistance to areas which were hit hard. He assembled a task force to coordinate the responses. He recommended shutting down the economy! Oh, I know, he tweeted something that was hopeful... good! He mentioned early in the interview his view on positive thinking, and I agree with him. Beats the gloom and doom I keep hearing coming from his detractors. Don't tell me we're all gonna die; tell me how we can all live.

I guess maybe it would be nice if this mean old man would stop trying to win elections and just let those who don't like him destroy everything about the country to show how bad they think he is. That seems to be the biggest complaint. "He's just trying to make himself look good." "He's just pointing out his accomplishments." "He's just wanting a photo op." Well, duh, no toilet food, Sherlock! WHAT ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO? Try to LOSE?

OK, so maybe if someone completely ignores everything that has happened the last four years and stumbled onto this video by accident not knowing anything at all about Donald Trump, he would look paranoid and pathetic; granted. But this video was presented to me as being "pathetic" without the foregoing condition... and the only thing I saw that fit the label "pathetic" was the relationship between the media and the President broken down to nothing because of gotcha questions based on lies. Heck, I could have seen that if I had been under a rock for the last four years... all of the problems were based on Trump trying to correct the reporter!

I guess what really gets to me is that I keep trying to talk sensibly to people concerning political events. I would love to compare notes to others about the status of the SARS-2 virus, about the Middle East situation, about the economy, etc. I like debate; that's why I came to ATS in the first place. But, as I said before in this thread, there is no debate any more... there is only hyperbole, accusations, lies, and deceit. What I find amazing is that none of this will personally hurt Donald Trump. The man was already a billionaire when he took office. The White House was a step down in the standards he was used to. You want Biden as President? Not gonna hurt Trump. He'll just amble back down to Maralago and continue living his life in absolute luxury with a supermodel wife at his side. No hide off his back, really... he didn't get something he wanted. Oh, well, won't be the first time.

Compare that to your normal politician who will run out of money if their contacts from their time in office don't come through. Yeah, they're millionaires, but they want a billionaire lifestyle. Kick them out of office and they might have to forego a few pleasures of life. Trump won't... heck, without every Tom, Dick, and Harry screaming about his "conflicts of interest" he can make more out of office than he can in office.

No, it won't hurt Trump... it'll hurt you. You are the person dependent on the economy. You are the person who could be homeless if you lost your job tomorrow. You are the person who is scared of the WuFlu. You are the one who might get mugged by Antifa because you "look like a Trump supporter." Not Trump. Let the economy crash and burn; he'll just move offshore (and have even more money than before). You, me, we'll be right here crying about why did it happen to us?

There's your definition of "pathetic."

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He didn't attend my inauguration.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
This is the current President of the United States.

The interview raises many questions.
One of them is how can anyone vote for this person to have another four years in office ?
Is trump really the best candidate that the US has to offer to steer the country out of an ongoing public health crisis, widespread civil unrest, a probable global recession / depression ?

Another one is, who ?, within the current administration, thought that this interview was a good idea ? Is the fact that this interview was even approved and signed off to broadcast, evidence that there are forces at work within the administration who are actively throwing the potus under the bus ? They seriously couldn't believe that this was a good idea with 'vote winning' optics.

38 minutes of total car crash tv interview...
I kept waiting ....on 'It's Saturday Night Live !'
But no, this is the Emperor in all his glory, naked.

And he has charts.

More TDS. You apparently do not know who the driver of the other car is... the NWO. You are sleepwalking and you don’t understand what is really happening, you don’t understand that there is a real actual communist coup takeover of the government and our country, and you don’t see the hidden hand of these people, the hand of Soros manipulating things, paying anarchists to riot and burn the cities down. You believe that the President should be a magician and make all things right, but if you were Potus, what choice would you make... do you believe he should close the whole country down, mss as he the entire country wear a mask, allow rioters to burn the cities, should he send the Feds is to restore order or let the states do their thing? You know that’s what the manufacture covid crisis was meant to do, force his hand and go against the individual states and then they could call him a fascist dictator. He chose not to do that, so the optics are it looks like he’s not doing anything. They didn’t get what they wanted... he let the states make their choices and suffer their own consequences. You didn’t like that ???? This covid thing is a manufactured global crisis and you expect Trump to fix the whole thing.
If you watch the movie, “Contagion”, from 2011, you will see the entire covid 19 crisis play out in the script right down to the “social distancing”, handwashing, and contact tracing, not to mention the fast tracking of a vaccine, and people bring quarantined in their homes. You think the Hollywood elites just made that movie out of thin air??? Fauci predicted that Trump would have to deal with a pandemic. How did he know that? Because he is tied directly to Bill
Gates and the vaccine. It’s time for you to wake from your sleep and see the truth, not what the media wants you to see while they are waving their hands around.
Like in the movie Braveheart, “wake up William wake up wake up”

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Conspiracy hokum !

This op is not just about trumps abject failure to respond to the current pandemic.
It is also about his moronic behaviour which was laid bare during this interview. The questions that it raises about how his administration could have let it go ahead and be aired, knowing that he looks like a sorry old man with a very tenuous grip on current affairs and public opinion.

Have you even watched the interview ?

And...TDS ? Please...get over this nonsense. Only folk I seem to notice with any kind of trump like syndrome are his cult followers.
edit on 5/8/20 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Why do you make the statement that trump did not trust the interviewer?
Given that he doesn't....( not sure what your grounds are for that ) ....but given that he is a mistrusted fake news media hound. Then that sort of echos my initial questions in the op.

Why would the administration agree to this if they knew he was going in for a ' gotcha ' type interview.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If the pronunciation of a word were the end if it, it might be funny.

It isn't.

For me language in general is not my forte in both written and speech, but I have other skills that have made me successful in life so I can't complain too much. With what I find difficult at times I'm amazed all the time when I read other's works of literature or listen to others speak. listening to something like a radio talk show host there is most definitely talent there in their speaking abilities that I couldn't even come close to matching.

When I see Trump basically wing it for hours I don't think he is a good speaker, but he can get his point across and be entertaining in doing so for many in attendance, so whether people think what he says sucks at least he isn't like Warren who would put people in a catatonic state with her professional speaking skills, so even Trump has some talent there. Obama has talent as a speaker, but he couldn't get one inch off the teleprompter to save his life, so he is lacking in that ability. We have a lot of Obama teleprompter gaffes out there as proof, so Obama is a better speaker than Trump but he lacks the ability freewheel it with any success that Trump seems to be very comfortable in doing.

Now we see Biden and if you go back 10+ years he is actually a good speaker, not a lot of gaffes even though he pretty much sucked as a professional politician for 4 decades, but he could speak well. Looking at him today it is so damn cringy that I start squinting my eyes by the second sentence without even agreeing or disagree with the substance of what he is saying. We can make fun of Trump for a word here and there as he talks for hours, but what are we going to say about Biden once he actually goes main stream in debates and real speeches that will last hours?

edit on 5-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
He didn't attend my inauguration.

Some things are very important to trump.
Pandemics though.....meh...
it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No, it won't hurt Trump... it'll hurt you. You are the person dependent on the economy. You are the person who could be homeless if you lost your job tomorrow. You are the person who is scared of the WuFlu. You are the one who might get mugged by Antifa because you "look like a Trump supporter." Not Trump. Let the economy crash and burn; he'll just move offshore (and have even more money than before). You, me, we'll be right here crying about why did it happen to us?

There's your definition of "pathetic."

TheRedneck

Don't worry the left will be blaming it all on Trump for the next decade... You know I ask people on the left what is the big thing they see that Trump has done so wrong...and 9 out of 10 times they said...well, he didn't build the wall....lol really that is it?

He didn't build the wall because the House would not let him do it fighting tooth and nail every step of the way as he is still working, trying to build it even today. And we are not talking about something like Obama's promise that his Goverment will be the most transparent in history....ya right... Ended up being one of the most secretive to include shutting down FOIA and secretly using three letter agencies as his own personal political tools.

Sometimes I just don't get it outside of the left just acting like immature little brats that didn't get their way once in their participation trophy world.

edit on 5-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

My point here was that the President should be able to offer a better retort for 1,000 + dead Americans a day th

Then what should he say? What would you say? Is it his fault ? Or is it a stupid question from a stupid controlled reporter? Why are people waiting for a shady vaccine to appear to fix things ? The virus is not that bad even. It was manufactured completely from head to toe, from the CDC and the WHO and Fauci and Gates to China. Oh by the way, the 2011 movie, “Contagion” even showed footage of a Chinese wet market and bats and the whole deal. Think Hollywood is not in on the deal? The whole thing is a setup.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

it is what it is.

We need to remember we went from the left saying it is no big deal, to everyone is going to die, to every death is on Trump's watch, to shut down the country to flatten the curve to shut down until it crashes, to those Republican states are killing people even with 10% of the death rate of similar populated Democratic states that are now being displayed as the states that did it right, to masks don't do much, to wear a mask everywhere oh and goggles too, so on and so forth....lol

I'm not sure what would be a more fitting statement..

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Things are not looking good for Trumpy Bear, get ready for President I Made a Boom-Boom in my Pants. Biden will beat Trump, says historian who predicted every presidential race since 1984.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Odds have Biden as bookies favourite, although more bettors are taking a punt on trump.
Oddschecker

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join