It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Fired ! Time for this apprentice to leave the show

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So did you watch that train wreck of an interview?

Not yet. I plan to, just haven't had time. That's why I haven't commented on it.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I give you fair warning, it's pretty bad and one can be forgiven for thinking his handlers are throwing him under the bus by allowing it to be aired.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me, really. There's not been a hint of it on Fox, so it's not going to be a shining example of brilliance.

I'm going to make a prediction: Trump gets confused and his tongue gets over his eye teeth so he can't see what he's saying. And the interviewer smells blood in the water and goes in for the attack. Then Trump gets defensive and starts spouting hyperbole that comes out sounding like he's Lucifer himself.

Am I close?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sort of, trump is asked questions he cannot answer so he just makes up an answer then talks about himself and what a good job he's done, finishes it with how he's done more for black people than anyone else, when asked if he has done more than say lindon Johnson he was like yep absolutely.

Like I said I'm surprised it was allowed to be aired.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yosemite.
How do you pronounce it?

edit on 8/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I do appreciate you trying.
At times though, I just fail to see the purpose of any attempt at debate when it comes to trump.
The lines are already drawn, as you said yourself.
What remains is just a head scratching sense of disbelief by each side wondering why the other side can't see their reality.
People can change their minds, even in politics. It could well be as trump says himself, people just don't like him. You can't like what you just don't like !

The whole point of the Op though is the topic of the interview and just how the hell does the US get to this point, where the potus is exposed to be a bumbling fool.
Why would his administration allow him to go ahead so unprepared for the interview?
Many questions.
I am aware he needs the public platform, but this interview won him zero points.

Of course, that is only my reality.
And of course " trump likers " will only see their own reality.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yo ! Semitee !

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah, sounds about right. Trump isn't a politician; he's a salesman and he is his product. He talks like a salesman. Where a politician can talk for thirty minutes and make you think he knows exactly what he's talking about (then you realize an hour later he didn't say anything), Trump can talk for thirty minutes and make you think he didn't say anything, when there were little tidbits in there that you just missed (legal disclaimers, final price, etc.).

Not the greatest vocabulary I have ever seen.

As for it being published, I am surprised there aren't freakin' billboards showing it on continuous loop along the highways. The media lives for stuff like this. When I watch it I'll be listening for those little tidbits of info, not for the gotchas.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yes.
His product is himself. His interest is himself.

No more than that.

edit on 8/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yosemite.
How do you pronounce it?

"Yo' - see - might"

How else would you pronounce it?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Correctly.
Yo sim itee.

He tried a couple of times. And missed. You'd think he might practice his speeches. In between tees.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

I do appreciate you trying.
At times though, I just fail to see the purpose of any attempt at debate when it comes to trump.

It takes two willing participants to debate. The silly hyperbole based in hatred just kills any debate dead.

The purpose of debate is to allow one to try and see the situation through the eyes of another. Maybe that viewpoint still doesn't work for someone, but at least they did give it a try. If we don't even try to see the other perso's perspective, we will never progress as a society. That way leads to chaos and war.

The whole point of the Op though is the topic of the interview and just how the hell does the US get to this point, where the potus is exposed to be a bumbling fool.

Because debate is dead. We killed it. No one is willing to even try to look at a situation from another viewpoint.

Sounds like you just answered your own question: mashed taters.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

His product is himself. His interest is himself.

That was his product for decades. I actually find it refreshing that someone is not spouting words they have no intention of even trying to accomplish.

Given the choice of rough words that have meaning and pretty words that mean nothing, I'll take the rough words any day.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Correctly.
Yo sim itee.

Needs more letters. Looks like someone couldn't spell when they named it to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yah. Alabama. I can dig it. Provincial. New York isn't like that.

Given the choice of rough words that have meaning and pretty words that mean nothing, I'll take the rough words any day.
Rough is fine. Stupid is not.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

It's not yo Semite that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

He also tried yo sem initee, before continuing the stumble.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yah. Alabama. I can dig it.

Bring a lunch. Ever hear of Alabama clay?

Rough is fine. Stupid is not.

I haven't heard the video yet so I can't speak to that.

However, many people though there being no French word for "entrepreneur" was pretty stupid. It was actually accurate. Many people thought there being 57 states was stupid; he was thinking about states and territories.

Otfentimes, "stupid" is in the eye of the beholder. Was what he said stupid or was it a stream of consciousness?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Was what he said stupid or was it a stream of consciousness?

Stupid.
Considering it was out loud.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

His lack of vocabulary is one thing, the way he thinks everything is about him is soiciapathy.

There were no tidbits of anything in that interview, if you watch and find some please do bring them to the table for discussion .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join