It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Fired ! Time for this apprentice to leave the show

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Are you questioning my sense of morality ?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I am an independent.
The ONE check I received
will be counted as income
when I file taxes.

The 1200.00 bux came in handy,
but is is a micro fraction of my past
history earnings.

If you think I would rather sit around
and wait for the GUB'ment to argue
over and send me a check as little as that
than make 4 or 5 times that PER WEEK
you are sadly mistaken.

That was mask and glove money honey.
Not a penny more,not a penny less.

SAVVY?
edit on 4-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Easy Peasy.
Japanese.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ha,
character defamation.
"Crazy ideas" about China.
Just as I thought.
Just another low IQ reply.

Why did you not ask me to specify,
elaborate,and embellish?

Because it was easier for you to
label me and cancel.
That is how low intellect lazy people
operate these days.
Whatever turns your wheels.

edit on 4-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Now that is funny.
Will she allow him to feel
her breasts while she switches
out his depends.

I mean, we are all headed there eventually.
The plumbing is the first thing to go.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

That is where it was headed before
CCP Virus was released.
But hey , the leaders in the
Pacific Northwest say it is
"the Summer of love".

H E L L O ?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

When you went to the sodomize by CCP statement...I required no further elaboration.

I have no desire to validate your responses by any further discussion or debate.
It is all a little too " out there "

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Think of the Stupidest person you know.
Now,,, consider that 50% of the worlds
population is stupider than that.
That is what you are dealing with here.

Put forth is a link to a 1912 8th grade exam:

www.huffpost.com...

The dumbing down of public education is clearly evident
in this thread. It is not the fault of the OP.
Clearly they are the victim of decades of these policies.
The method has been to not educate, but indoctrinate.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Actually, you cancelled me out long before that
graphic statement.

Here is a link to a 1912 8th grade exam test.

www.huffpost.com...

If you have the honesty to browse this over,
then you will also have the honesty to question
whether you have been educated or indoctrinated.

I take no pleasure alerting you to this.
I am somewhat compromised myself.
Plenty of mistakes occurred over the years
by the person on the other side of your monitor.

Plenty of successes as well...
I have nothing to wish for.

The Good Lord has provided
beyond my imagination.

I have no debts.
I have no wants.

The only thing left for me to do
is to share and help others.
Help, is a tricky term.
For you cannot help those
who will not help themselves.
Oddly enough, I am guilty of that too.
I only eat steak.
Thanks for making me think and write.

edit on 4-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: add content

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

You have difficult Avatar.
I cannot read your name,
and I can't tell if you are
coming or going.

I think I will avoid
the mess.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Think of the Stupidest person you know.
Now,,, consider that 50% of the worlds
population is stupider than that.
That is what you are dealing with here.

My God, we're doomed.

Put forth is a link to a 1912 8th grade exam:

I have seen that first hand. I started my college career in the 1980s. I was expected to know everything taught in high school, no exceptions. My first History of Western Civilization course was tough... I was expected to come out of it knowing the details, not just an overview, of how western civilization came about. We studied everything from Zoroastrianism to the causes behind major conflicts. Mathematics was intense. We had to know not only how to work a problem, but why it was worked the way it was.

I dropped out after a couple of years due to the local economy collapsing. I re-entered academia around 2010, about 25 years later. By then, remedial classes were not just common; they were the norm. I actually worked as a peer tutor in the math department and the vast majority of my students were in remedial classes. College students were unable to add multi-digit numbers, had no concept of units or conversion factors, and geometry was far, far over their heads. I graduated high school with a grasp of these things, and had I not had that in the 1980s I would have flunked out the first week.

I tutored a family member's son later on as a professional math tutor. He was in elementary school, 3rd or 4th grade, and the lack of basic information being presented amazed me. Math bored him to tears when I started; six months later he couldn't wait to do math! I taught him why things worked, not just how to regurgitate answers.

The problem was that the schools have discovered that all students learn differently. Some are able to grasp abstract ideas right off the bat; others need practical application examples; some need time alone to study, while some do better in study groups; some need to learn this way; others need to learn another way. That's all fine and good, and it can lead to a better understanding of math. I always considered the biggest part of my job as being to show the concepts in a way that each student can understand. But what schools have done is exactly the opposite. They have 4 or 5 different ways to approach fractions, for instance, but instead of letting each child understand the concept in their own way, the schools demand that every child learn every method, and then don't tie those methods together. The result is no one can truly excel because the very basis of the concept of using different approaches is that each child will excel in only one methodology, and by not tying the different methodologies together the children get confused and lose interest.

Math is the easiest subject in school, but school has purposely made it the hardest. Every single child can graduate high school knowing how to handle differentiation and integration, and every single child should.

(This is what happens when you get me started on the subject of public (mis)education.)

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's possible I'm simply not bright enough to acknowledge some subtle level of intellect Trump is displaying here, but what I feel a leader should convey is that 1) they're so much more well informed than the rest of the populous and 2) they know what the best course of action is based on said information. Trump doesn't convey either for me.

In fact, I feel there are a lot of people out there better informed than him on almost every issue (heck, even I knew more than Trump on a few of these points which is a truly damning indictment). Handing those graphs across whilst incoherently trying to explain what they mean, like a kid who hadn't prepared for a presentation. Is this really the leader of the free world?

At this stage I feel he's genuinely worthy of criticism, and yet the one place I thought would be open enough to actually levy some much deserved criticism in his direction (i.e. ATS), I see people actually defend this car wreck of an interview? If a supporter of Trump isn't prepared to criticize him for this abysmal performance, then I think they're not being honest with themselves.

This is to say nothing of Biden - I think he's a useless vestige of a bygone era who has no place being anywhere near the White House. But really, are these the only two people who we can conjure as potential POTUS? I feel the world deserves a much better standard of leader.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

So I guess having a guy in office who in four years as an "apprentice". and has still done more for the american people than any ass jack politician in recent history. Is a bad choice? No there's something wrong with you and people like you.

Genuine question. Is it not possible for Trump to have made positive changes for the American people, but to also be worthy of criticism? Surely you agree we shouldn't idolise the man, that'd a real problem, so it's only right we call him out when he expounds profoundly bad ideas.

For example; I'm happy to accept he has made some positive moves over the last 4 years, but I can also see how awful his performance was during this interview and how we should call him out for at least poor preparation, if not a dire misunderstanding of our current predicament.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Math is the easiest subject for whom?

Not in my family. We do, however, tend to be early readers, as early as 3 years old. When my brother was 4, he loved to read the newspaper.

Brains are wired differently. Ever heard of Dyscalculia?

www.webmd.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

Thank you.
For your response, and for some clarity.
I know a lot of the communication goes astray when the mud flinging starts....but you cut right through it.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

We are probably in similar age groups.
To think that the study of Zoroastrianism
was included in your curriculum is astounding.

You got me beat on that.
That topic is generally only included
in thorough middle eastern studies.
I am thinking about what you were required
to have memorized for the exams.
It is incredible by today's standards.

Fortunately for me, at that age I had
a photographic memory.
I was blessed in that regard.

At any rate, I have many peers who are teachers
now and they tell me in private that the "Common Core" system
is really,really bad. The pressure is so great among teachers that if
they question anything at all they are ostracized or worse.

It is clear that a nefarious entity has creeped in and taken over.
Remember the old McGraw/Hill books?
They are now written in truth by omission.
It is what we refer to it as now.
It is outrageous and criminal.

Parents send their kids off to public school
thinking it is like when they were kids.
If they only knew.
It is now a well refined psychological SAP .
SAAVY? Apologies to the OP for thread drift.
Thanks for your reply.

edit on 4-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

edit on 4-8-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Apology to OP

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

My wife and I were talking about that on the way to work this morning... I explained to her how No Child Left Behind was the final nail in the coffin for our education standards. They've been so dumbed down that it's mind numbing. Kids don't pass, school lose funding. I have a 12 year old who doesn't take school serious, he probably should have failed but while he was out for the coronavirus plandemic, his teacher called him and TOOK the test with him. If he had a wrong answer, she asked him if he was sure it wasn't another answer (and named the right answer) so he would say oh ok, that's the right answer. Passed him and he moved to the next grade. I have 5 boys, all are smart, but he's the only one that doesn't take school seriously. I can't say I blame him, but I'd never tell him that. Education is a frickin joke, so is a degree in education (no offense to the good teachers who actually want to teach). Our education platform should be completely trashed and rebuilt on the old standards.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Math is the easiest subject for whom?

Everyone.

It's all in how it is explained, just like any subject. I have yet to meet anyone... anyone... who I cannot teach math to, and that includes a number of students who I have been told were "lost causes." Part of the problem is that, typically, English or history teachers are English and history teachers; math teachers are coaches who teach math on the side.

Claiming that "my family can't learn math" is not an argument; it's an excuse. I could tutor you for six months and have you thinking math is wonderful and easy.

Brains are wired differently. Ever heard of Dyscalculia?

Dyscalculia is a disability resulting in difficulty learning or comprehending arithmetic, such as difficulty in understanding numbers, learning how to manipulate numbers, performing mathematical calculations and learning facts in mathematics.

That's what those who have failed you want you to think. It's the result of poor teaching by teachers who don't understand math themselves.

Math is a language. If your family can read English well, they can read math well too. It's the simplest language in existence; everything is either true or false.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

My history professor had an audiographic memory. He could repeat, word for word, even down to voice inflection and stutters, conversations he has had with people 10-20 years ago. There was no textbook; by the end of that semester, I had written my own textbook, and a fairly extensive one at that. We all had, and Dr. Jim Ransom could repeat word for word every thing in them.

Guy was scary smart!

He also cared about his students. I had one situation where due to work I had to miss one ore class than he allowed, and that was points off my class grade. I had my grade figured up based on what I needed on the final to maintain my 4.0, and got my final grade in his office. When I heard it, it was a couple points below what I needed and I guess I just dropped my head. He asked me what was wrong because I had a good grade, and I explained that it was a couple points below what I needed because I had missed one too many classes. He asked why I had missed them and I explained for work. He shrugged and said something to the effect of that wasn't what the rule was for and to not worry about it. I made my 'A.'

He did that to some others, as I found out later. He just didn't want people missing class without a good reason. He had no patience for laziness.

I met a couple of old school professors in my later years in academia, but they were few and far between. Most were there because they were tenured or Emeritus, and all of them lamented the drop in educational standards.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

"No Child Left behind" is code for "No Child Gets Ahead." Hold everyone back because one goof-off won't catch up... or just pass everyone and get it over with.

You know which option was chosen. Your story proves that.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join