It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Activist Against Police in Schools Murdered in Chicago - Maybe a Chicago PD Hit.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: drussell41
Or maybe it's someone who's simply tired of it all.

Great reason to shoot someone in the head. I may have to borrow that tactic when I get in discussions I don't like.

I don't condone it, AM. I'm just saying it's unrealistic not to expect pushback from the right. This was one crazy who did it. And I fear more of it could be coming, my worst fear being that we'll recreate 1930's Germany. You really can apply dialectical materialism to the whole situation.
edit on 4-8-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I don't condone it, AM. I'm just saying it's unrealistic not to expect pushback from the right.

I'm not assuming it's someone on the right.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I don't condone it, AM. I'm just saying it's unrealistic not to expect pushback from the right.

I'm not assuming it's someone on the right.

Yeah? What are your thoughts on it?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yeah?

Yeah. He could have been shot for something much less mundane than his political advocacy. It's friggin Murderland after all.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yeah?

Yeah. He could have been shot for something much less mundane than his political advocacy. It's friggin Murderland after all.

Very good point, AM. Without an investigation, who knows.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This thread is a bit far out there OP, did you really just accuse the the Chicago PD of blatant assasination tactics?

Quite a stretch 😢

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, considering that it's Chicago and that random acts of violence and murder never ever ever happen there - especially involving black people - it does go to reason that it must have been the police.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People need to revisit the Homan Square debacles. 😈

Then explore possibilities like maybe some contractors are getting ashed 😈

Chicago is a strange place always has been 😎

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The whole banning of police in schools is a new humdinger for me; Broward County just fired the sheriff who told the officers to stand outside Parkland and do nothing while the dipsh!t inside went room to room slaughtering kids. Now they want them OUT of schools?

I seriously can’t keep up.
edit on 4-8-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
this teen was probably involved in gang activity, or offended a gangster in some way, or it was possibly mistaken identity. i highly doubt it was a hit put out by police, people really need to quit with the paranoia and absurd deductions, its not helping anyone.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I have to agree with this. A family friend was shot and killed by gangsters while driving because he drove the same truck as the guy they were looking for. Just shot first didn't evene bother looking before they killed an innocent person. Though, they were asian gangsters.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

The thing that has perplexes me the most, is how there are thousands of cameras mounted all over town, specifically for capturing crimes, yet 72% of all outdoor murders go unsolved.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The thing that has perplexes me the most, is how there are thousands of cameras mounted all over town, specifically for capturing crimes, yet 72% of all outdoor murders go unsolved.

How does it compare to other large cities?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
This thread is a bit far out there OP, did you really just accuse the the Chicago PD of blatant assasination tactics?

Quite a stretch 😢

That's why its in the Mud-Pit. Those who live around these parts don't see it as a stretch.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I don't know about other cities. I've received Chicago tickets showing my car, license plate, and even my face, from 2 or more angles. They see EVERYTHING.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
People need to revisit the Homan Square debacles. 😈

Then explore possibilities like maybe some contractors are getting ashed 😈

Chicago is a strange place always has been 😎

I'm glad you brought up the HOMAN SQUARE police "facility". Many alleged thugs are brought in, but they either don't come out, or are badly beaten when seen again. That's been known for years.

I believe you started a thread last week about the police commander promoted to oversee Homan Square last month, who committed suicide at this desk 2 weeks later?

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Tuesday August 4, 2020

First, the Story of what happened this past weekend:

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A young activist was shot and killed in Chicago's West Rogers Park neighborhood over the weekend.

Caleb Reed, 17, was front and center in speaking out against police in schools.

The youth activist died Sunday after being shot in the head last Friday afternoon.

Reed was gunned down on a sidewalk in West Rogers Park in broad daylight right across the street from the Misercoridia Home.

For the past year, Reed worked with Meyiya Coleman and Maria Degillo at Voices of Youth in Chicago Education, known as VOYCE. It is a student led group that advocates for the removal of police in schools.

No one from VOYCE had any idea who would want to kill him.

While no arrests have been made, Vasquez said police are trying to determine if the shooting was random or targeted.
abc7chicago.com...

I did a Google "Street View" of the address where Caleb Reed was gunned down in broad daylight (6301 N. Ridge Blvd). And sure enough, just like you see on everywhere in Chicago, there is a high-resolution camera system mounted atop a street light pole.

The shooting happened during the day, near a high-resolution monitoring camera, and police don't have a clue who pulled it off. The vast majority of outdoor shootings happen near a camera. Yet 72% of Chicago murders are unsolved, 5 years after they occur.

But in this instance, Caleb Reed could have been shot at the behest of the Chicago PD, or the Chicago police union, to silence him, and to intimidate other anti-police activists. If so, that would make the police as bad as the gangs. Maybe they hired a gang-banger to do this shooting.

-CareWeMust

They likely also had Shotspotter running and have a recording of the shooting.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't know about other cities. I've received Chicago tickets showing my car, license plate, and even my face, from 2 or more angles. They see EVERYTHING.

I'd really like to see it compared to other cities. It might not be so much that they don't see alot, but that they can't get the community's cooperation. Maybe that cooperation is needed to make/stick a case. It could be anything, but unless we compare it to other large cities, we don't know if it's something specific to Chicago or not, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
August 31, 2020

The alleged murderer has been caught!

CHICAGO (CBS) β€” A suspect has been arrested and charged with the murder of teen activist Caleb Reed last month.

Genove Martin, 18, was charged with one felony count of first-degree murder and one count of murder another forcible felony in the shooting that killed Reed on Friday, July 31.

Police were called to the 1900 block of West Granville Avenue near Emmerson Park around 1 p.m. that day, where they found Reed shot and lying on the sidewalk.

Reed, 17, had spent the two months before his life was taken speaking out about removing Chicago Police offices from Chicago Public Schools. He wanted that money to go toward social workers and causes.
Source: chicago.cbslocal.com...

I'm glad the Chicago police were (probably) not involved in his murder. They have enough challenges from the Mayor, the County Prosecutor letting criminals out of jail, and the low rate of solving murders.
edit on 8/31/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join