It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is ATS and Why Above Top Secret is dying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
So everybody, or most people needs to be liberals before you can enjoy ATS??

Hahahaha NO! Care to point out where I said or even implied that, I won't hold my breath. No silly, that would stifle debate and turn this into an echo chamber and the site would surely fail (oh wait it is, for the US Right and that's why it's closing down).

Does it also matters to you if people are black or white??

Not in the slightest, does it bother you?

Or if people are christians, muslims or atheist?

You forgot Pagans, Buddhists and a whole lot more. All welcomed by me.

How about jews, are jews allowed??

Why did you segregate the Jews from the rest of the religions? Do they not deserve to be mentioned with the rest in your eyes? Are you Anti Semetic? No? Well that's as absurd as the accusations you are levelling at me without anything to merit them, you know what they say about people who assume.

To me, a politican is a politican - they are ALL bad
Most people on ATS can agree on one thing, we all want freedom/truth. But our definition of it, and how to get there is all different - but we want the same. Why shouldnt everybody just be allowed to be here?

Again, I have no issue with anyone being here. You're speaking like someone who hasn't paid attention to my post. In fact it sounds like you put an awful lot of your own meaning into my post.

Shouldnt everybody be different? Or would you rather live in a world where everybody thinks and says the same - a world where everybody is basicly yourself? That sounds terrifying to me!

You really have no clue. The world would indeed be boring if we were all into the same thing. Much like it's boring coming to ATS now since it's become an echo chamber for the Right and all the interesting topics are buried under an avalanche of Trumpian proportions.

I don't think anyone needs to be removed or disallowed (prove me wrong, I'm waiting) I just don't think ATS would be circling the drain if Politics hadn't become the main staple of the site.
edit on 4/8/20 by djz3ro because: Fix the fellas name link

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
ATS used to be a forum to discuss conspiracy theories. Aliens, Bigfoot, even political conspiracies. It’s turned into a news site. Fox, NBC, MSNBC, NPR, etc. They offer the same thing. ATS is really just another news site now. It breaks my heart to see this site go the way it has over these years. I love ATS and all of you long timers.

(post by Krahzeef_Ukhar removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

They can’t read that. It would blow their mind to have their narrow worldview shattered....so Trump’s fault.

I appreciate that.
It seems my point of view was misunderstood still.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
As a long time reader of ats, most all the conspiracies and rabbit holes have been researched and chewed on until every drop of info has been discovered and debated. However the newbees who join would also like to debate and research but instead they are redirected to the archives. In my opinion, ats has become a research site, and not a debate site.

And I have to tell you that going through page after page of arguing and just plain stupid comments is aggravating at best for serious researchers. I think we should revisit popular topics from the past so new people can join in the conversation. I do understand they can add a new comment to an old thread, but it isnt the same when only people who originally subscribed to the thread actually see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: AlienView

Yo Man , The World is Presently going to Hell in a Hand Basket , and the Stress of that on Every Human on this Planet is becoming Unbearable Right Now . There are More Pressing Matters to Discuss here on ATS other than quibbling about a Display of " Poor Decorum , Don"t you Think > ?

The Crisis
by Thomas Paine

December 23, 1776
THESE are the times that try men's souls The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated..................."

Well , Now you are Speaking my Language Bro . Commendable . I gotta buy you a Drink after that Profound Thought .....Cheers .....)
edit on 5-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
As a long time reader of ats, most all the conspiracies and rabbit holes have been researched and chewed on until every drop of info has been discovered and debated. However the newbees who join would also like to debate and research but instead they are redirected to the archives. In my opinion, ats has become a research site, and not a debate site.

And I have to tell you that going through page after page of arguing and just plain stupid comments is aggravating at best for serious researchers. I think we should revisit popular topics from the past so new people can join in the conversation. I do understand they can add a new comment to an old thread, but it isnt the same when only people who originally subscribed to the thread actually see it.

This. Conspiracies now are all political. All the fun stuff like UFO's, Stargates, Moon Bases. MK Ultra etc etc has little new to offer except for the occasional nugget in a new doc that just confirms what we already knew.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The Perceptions of Death or Dying are Relative to an Individuals Mindset . Here at ATS , I See it as Evolution in Action........

edit on 5-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

But UFO's have government doing cover-ups.

Chipping people is government driven.

Government is at the heart of conspiracy.

Now we're just arguing what ideology is behind it.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But UFO's have government doing cover-ups.

Chipping people is government driven.

Government is at the heart of conspiracy.

Now we're just arguing what ideology is behind it.

It's the military industrial complex covering up the UFO's and you ain't getting squat out of them. They have their own ideology which is total control. The whole democrat/republican thing just distracts us from what is really going on and has thoroughly been explored here but many have forgot. Neither Trump nor Biden will be disclosing UFO's to you. It's just bait to get your vote.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

Ahhh.

The MIC.

Not the politicians.

'kay.

Ummm, I mean, the politicians aren't in the pocket of the MIC, are they?

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rev_Godslapper
ATS used to be a forum to discuss conspiracy theories.

People are waking up to the government screwing them over, and they have realized that the whole thing is a sham and one big conspiracy against we the people. So it is to be expected. The normies aren't onto all the other stuff, yet.

I came for John Titor and stayed for 9/11, bigfoot, UFOs, and government coverups.
edit on 5-8-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ahhh.

The MIC.

Not the politicians.

'kay.

Ummm, I mean, the politicians aren't in the pocket of the MIC, are they?

Of course they are. But your suggesting there is an actual ideology war like dem/rep when really they are all part of it. The "deep state" is all the politicians, corporations and the MIC working together to funnel our tax dollars into their bank accounts. I can appreciate some are just now waking up to it but it's been going on for a long time and a lot of the "new arrivals" to what's up have fallen for the Trump is going to drain the swamp, or my side cares about the people and yours doesn't. It's all BS.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You said "dem/rep" not me.

The ideological war is freedom vs government control.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I tried to come up with an idea and all I got was assumed at. I agree with this post 100%

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm starting my own gaming forum now. Thanks, ATS

edit on 5-8-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Alta Vista didn’t pull that kinda crap...just saying.

Ha!

Talk about an oldy, but moldy...lol!

I actually liked it when it first appeared on my browser in, I think it was 1994?

Everyone thought it would rule forever.

One Alta to Vista them all...so to speak.

😎 😝

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

And MySpace didn’t censor you...but no, you just had to have the ability to play FarmVille.

My crops were coming in and I got coins.

Do you do this shtick for a living, DB?

Because if you don't, you really, really should. Your hysterical, spot on, twisted & absurdly funny musings are flat-out priceless!

You have been the cause of more late-night loud laughs, ruined keyboards, and 3am violent nasal beverage exhalations than anyone else in the hallowed but pointless history of Riffrafter.

God bless you, man! 😇

PS - My lady hates your stinking guts so don't ever call me when you're in town, ok?

edit on 8/5/2020 by Riffrafter because: DBCowboy, of course!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I think we should revisit popular topics from the past so new people can join in the conversation. I do understand they can add a new comment to an old thread, but it isnt the same when only people who originally subscribed to the thread actually see it.

I like that idea - a lot.

Currently, when someone tries to re-visit an older, but extremely interesting topic - they're pointed to the old thread, and it just dies there.

I also see members *bump* an older thread to try and get it some fresh views and new activity. And it works sometimes. But often, you'll see a few new posts and then ::pffft:: it's back to the ATS cold storage area.

So, how do you think this idea might best work?

I have decided to participate again here recently as if the whole "ATS is leaving us" Eeyore stuff is from a different multiverse version of the internet. I may participate in some of that multiverse internets version of ATS' threads, but it exists in a different, walled-off reality.

And you know what?

I'm having a blast here again!

Woot!

edit on 8/6/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: misskat1

I think we should revisit popular topics from the past so new people can join in the conversation. I do understand they can add a new comment to an old thread, but it isnt the same when only people who originally subscribed to the thread actually see it.

I like that idea - a lot.

Currently, when someone tries to re-visit an older, but extremely interesting topic - they're pointed to the old thread, and it just dies there.

I also see members *bump* an older thread to try and get it some fresh views and new activity. And it works sometimes. But often, you'll see a few new posts and then ::pffft:: it's back to the ATS cold storage area.

So, how do you think this idea might best work?

I have decided to participate again here recently as if the whole "ATS is leaving us" Eeyore stuff is from a different multiverse version of the internet. I may participate in some of that multiverse internets version of ATS' threads, but it exists in a different, walled-off reality.

And you know what?

I'm having a blast here again!

Woot!

It would be a lot of work but if someone was interested they could bump a thread and include cliff notes in the new post to indicate "here is where we are so far". Get them up to speed and see if they add something. It would be nice if there was a way to add "BUMP" in the title but that's probably a pain for a site that's closing.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Aa reply to: SaturnFX

Yes, rereading your post it is obvious your point to me now.

It’s just bickering, (much like the creation evo forum, nothing about that is enjoyable). Trump lovers fighting Trump haters screaming opinion based on emotions (mostly Trump haters)

Having said that, I have learned a few things but your point isn’t mute

You have finally managed to offend me!
Your ramblings on the evo forum have changed my point of view.

I used to think you were an idiot.
You showed me everyone else was too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join