It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Bodycam Footage Shows Moment-By-Moment Arrest Of George Floyd For The First Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: SaturnFX

Bahahaha.
I probably shouldn’t be laughing, but if some kid tried telling me I can’t put someone in jail for the rest of their life for forgetting my fries...
I’d be laying a slap to their face as well.

Actually I think they didn't give him enough chicken tenders.
...understandable reaction upon reflection.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

More white people experience death by cop than black people do.

I wonder if the meaning of the word "minority" might have something to do with that.

Just a thought.

Not when that stat is per capita.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh I do concur.

What gets me revving like a 747 jet engine, is when they put pickles on my burger.
I specifically ask for no pickles.
I take a bite, sure enough there’s a damn pickle.
Makes me want to go in there and declare a jihad.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

What I have NOT seen is the moment he stops moving and talking. Does that video exist anywhere?

I am sure one exists. Lots of cams that day, between the body cams and smart phones. There has got to be one. Doubt it is public. I haven't seen it, just like you I would like to see it.

He was talking about not being able to breath in the car too.

I think if we could see the whole event, start to finish. We would see the truth and it would be nothing like what we are being sold, about this whole thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

lmfao!

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I have seen the video of the non-thug bystanders yelling at the cop to check his pulse. And Chauvin doesn’t even acknowledge them. And, there were what, at least two other cops lollygagging around there, and they could see he wasn’t moving, yet they were also acting completely unconcerned. So, what gives?

here is a video that shows the whole thing, the last time floyd moves is at the 4:13 mark, he never moves again.

video ain't posting right, here's the youtube link,www.youtube.com...

of the four cops the first two that arrested him and brought him to their unit are behind the vehicle one on his back and one on his legs. you can see one of them a couple of times in the video.

then there are pictures that show them.

edit on 3-8-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Not when that stat is per capita

Do you not consider black people to be people?
Or don't you understand what the term means? It means "per person."
There are more white persons than black persons in the US. Right?

edit on 8/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Black people

***COFFEE SPRAY***

Glad you, um, clarified that, then...

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think a defense attorney will be able to show reasonable doubt exists when they ask the medical examiner if having six times the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system could have caused Floyd’s death or even have been a complicating factor.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Does this video show the whole story? Does it fit the naritive we were given by the released footage.

Does it matter?, what has been seen, cannot be unseen..it won't change Chauvin on the guys neck for 9 mins, 2 of those minutes are when Floyd is out. There was no reason to carry that on as long as it was.

I agree as well.
I dont think any video or further evidence for or against the cops or George will change anyones mind since they have already cemented their minds in one direction or the other and joined one camp or the other not unlike are circus show politics.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: vonclod

Being On his neck made him OD....just say no to drugs boys and girls

If you are a mask nazi, would you let a COVID positive person close to your face? Or keep his face away from hours

We knew he was on drugs from the video, the cops knew he was on drugs. The cops knew he was having a panic attacked and combined with drugs can be deadly. So handcuff him to a telephone pole or police car door and allow to him calm down and wait for EMS to show.

Pinning him to the ground by his neck is going to finish him off. Common Sense 101.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Aallanon

So what about this case? Looks.like he was complying with everything.

There is also the brutal killing of Fouad Kaady by cops.
You need a strong stomach to read about this case.
A victim with burns over the majority of his body and shot and killed by police.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

You got some good points there.

Something about this case is not right.

Who knows these days, it could of all just been an act. I don't see how the cops would think they could get away with killing him like that. In front of so many witnesses with cameras.

Have you see the video of the whole group of non-thug looking people. Yelling at the cops to get off of him. To check his pulse. Pointing out he is not moving.

How did they think they could get away with this?

I have seen the video of the non-thug bystanders yelling at the cop to check his pulse. And Chauvin doesn’t even acknowledge them. And, there were what, at least two other cops lollygagging around there, and they could see he wasn’t moving, yet they were also acting completely unconcerned. So, what gives?

What gives is this is a common experience for city cops. Suspects falsely claim they can't breathe or are having some kind of medical issue while they're getting arrested. Cops don't have the proper training to recognize the difference, or they just become numb and indifferent to the claims because it's false 90% of the time.

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Alright, I’m gonna wade into this sh!tshow.

Something about this that has been nagging at me is the fact that the whole time Chauvin is on his neck, Floyd is talking just fine. He’s talking quite loudly, actually. Over and over and over. Which means that obviously his air supply was NOT cut off.

I haven’t seen a version yet that shows him continually. The versions I’ve seen all show him yammering about not being able to breathe, and then he’s out of view, and when it meanders back over to Floyd, he’s unconscious.

Did Chauvin use more pressure in the meantime? Or did he maintain the same force the whole time, and Floyd stopped breathing for another reason?

I am NOT defending the officers here, but I will say that Floyd was uncooperative and weird from the second they opened his car door; up until the knee-on-neck business, he/they actually showed pretty impressive restraint with the guy, considering how drama queenesque and out there Floyd was acting. That doesn’t excuse excessive force, if that is what actually caused the death.

But I would like to know if there is video that doesn’t pan away from Floyd ever, after the knee is applied.

its also about blood flow to the brain, once he was out the blood to his brain was no longer being oxygenated via lack of blood flow or air.

hold your breath for 3-4 mins ..... and when you pass out have someone put you in a choke hold to cut the blood flow for another 2-3 mins and you are entering brain damage

most people cant hold their breath for more than 60 seconds let alone 5-6 mins and Floyd was clearly in distress before he went out and not in good shape

it really doesnt matter if he used drugs or if he had a heart attack because it was the actions of the police that caused his demise or was exacerbated by it.

Cops are not Judge, Jury and executioner of people they deem 'less than'.

i dont think the cop was trying to kill him, he was mad at Floyd and wanted to hurt and punish him...Floyd committed the #1 crime of not following orders so the cops would MAKE him one way or another....

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

More white people experience death by cop than black people do.

I wonder if the meaning of the word "minority" might have something to do with that.

Just a thought.

How very astute of you to notice that fact...
edit on 482020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes, they are a minority.

That means more white people are getting shot, right.

You have to hunt to find the videos though. Like where the fat women cop shoots the white guy in the stomach because that was all she could do to help her partner.

So many more people get shot besides blacks. Mostly, all we ever hear about is the blacks getting shot.

Of course blacks are people. But, they are a small part of the people of this country. Like 13%. But they are still the only ones we hear about. Even though a whole lot more are getting shot by cops.

I hope that is clear and sorry I wasn't clearer before.

edit on 4-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Per capita is a flawed methodology. I'll agree with that. But so is "my fee-fees".

I hold a BS in Criminal Justice. My capstone was on this very argument. I spent months trying to find an unassailable methodology. The one I came up with is as follows:

Proof of Concept

Law enforcement has 100 Contact Events with white folks. Eight white folk end up dead. 8% death rate.

Law enforcement has 100 Contact Events with black folk. Four black folk end up dead. 4% death rate.

We can conclusively state, utilizing the above, that white folk are more likely to die by cop than black folk. All other methodologies required weighting. I prefer simplicity.

If I remember correctly, my conclusion was that you were 1.3 times more likely to die by cop if you were white. That was 25 years ago. I'm making no definitive statements as to if that holds up today. Collating the numbers back then was a monumental undertaking. I'm not doing it again. Though, with the internet today, it might be far easier. Have at it if you are so inclined.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 1010set

Thank you for sharing that information. That is a very good way to calculate a percentage.

I bet a lot has changed since then. When I searched, it looked like blacks are about twice as likely to get killed by a cop for the percentage of the population.

I didn't look at any hard studies. Just what I found on a quick search, so I don't know if it's true.

edit on 5-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i0.wp.com...

statistically, blacks are 13% of the population

have any of you talked to some of these people on the streets? When they talk about the concept of white privilege existing, they are ready to fight someone.

I really dont give the human mind enough credit to do what some say it is doing regarding the construct of racism in its entirety. Granted, the bias exists, but to say all of this has happened without day to day experience is pretty easy for some of you retired keyboard warriors.

Obviously I doubt they meant to kill him, but what factor did fentanyl and meth play in his death?
edit on 6-8-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: akiros

have any of you talked to some of these people on the streets? When they talk about the concept of white privilege existing, they are ready to fight someone.

Are you asking if I have went out of my way, in person, to ask people "ready to fight someone" about the reason they are ready to fight someone?

Obviously I doubt they meant to kill him, but what factor did fentanyl and meth play in his death?

If they didn't mean to kill him why didn't they check him when he stopped moving. Why keep the knee there for so long after he quit moving.

Floyd is scum and guilty of a lot. Too bad the video is worst than Floyd is.

Have the cops been tested for drugs? Maybe that would explain it.

Now the shooting here in GA, it is complete BS what they did to the cops.

You can't steal a cops weapon (even if it was a taser) and shoot it at him, without expecting to be shot back at.

edit on 6-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join